Home

What would you want from my team 2k18?

This is a discussion on What would you want from my team 2k18? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What would you want from my team 2k18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Still no news on MT in 2K18 yet. I would say that 17 was a pretty solid year. The content was really good, the new rewards in MTO and Blacktop were a good start, and the pack odds were better than 2K16.

This year i hope to see a big push towards a competitive scene in My Team. I'm talking online leaderboards, online tournaments, and live events. If we are going to spent all this time and in some cases money on our teams, we need the proper vehicle to use them.

I hope there is some type of salary cap mode for competitive tournaments that keep each team balanced. You choose the players you want but your overall team rating is capped at 85 or something like that. So you wouldn't be able to use a team full a diamonds. This will make the team buidling aspect of the mode even more important.

Lets hear something 2k!
Totally agree on the restrictions to online teams. That is the only way to save MyTeam. They used to have it anyway. It's just better on every level and much more fun to have to utilise people properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #42
MVP

I have read that there will be All-time Franchise teams in 2k18

If this is the case I might not play MyTeam at all

I already imagine using a Magic team with Penny/T-Mac/Shaq
or a sixers with A.I and Dr-J

Bulls with Rose/Jordan/Pippen and Lakers with Shaq/Kobe/Magic/Worthy/Wilt etc
Old 08-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #43
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I have read that there will be All-time Franchise teams in 2k18

If this is the case I might not play MyTeam at all

I already imagine using a Magic team with Penny/T-Mac/Shaq
or a sixers with A.I and Dr-J

Bulls with Rose/Jordan/Pippen and Lakers with Shaq/Kobe/Magic/Worthy/Wilt etc
I don't see anything really new happening in MyTeam, beside changing the Duo Synergies to Trios or applying it to whole teams like with the franchise all-time example.

To be honest it's not worth getting packs till March/April.

I think Im going to finish domination asap and sell some value cards and see where I get with that MT. Just need a solid squad with well animated players/animations to play MTO. Going to be interesting if they fix losses for quitting on both ends.

Other than that I might be getting more into MyCareer/Park because MyTeam isn't really worth it before they release decent cards...
Old 08-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I hope there is some type of salary cap mode for competitive tournaments that keep each team balanced. You choose the players you want but your overall team rating is capped at 85 or something like that. So you wouldn't be able to use a team full a diamonds. This will make the team buidling aspect of the mode even more important.
Definitely OVR calculation formula needs to be more nuanced. 2KMTC actually does it better. One can have an All-Diamond team that's 94 OVR and one that's 96 OVR, for example. In 2K, we all know we could have a bunch of Rubies and a few Diamonds, and it's a 99 OVR team.

Basically everyone was playing 99 OVR teams within a few months of launch.

I'm looking forward to what they've done with post moves. And triple threat. Very much looking forward to offensive compilations from you, Earv.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #45
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

- Uniform game difficulty
- No Supercards - not everyone should be able to shoot 3s
- Better Matchmaking so I can play against teams in my league of a comparable skill level - its crazy how me in lowly Sapphire League and a squad of Rubies can come up against a dude in Diamond league with an entirely Diamond team
- Let us determine the colour of our default shoes - having a green jersey does not mean I want green shoes for everyone - same with socks, let us customise them too.
- More unique player models for historic cards - hopefully the new feature about randomised accessories is included in MyTeam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 03:59 AM   #46
Rookie

didak7's Arena

The ability to trade with your friends with restrictions of course in place so they can't just give you there awesome doubles etc. Some kind of trade formula would be awesome!

More my team orientated trophies. 200 games with a player trophy or something like that. Give us something!!!
Old 08-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
- Uniform game difficulty
- No Supercards - not everyone should be able to shoot 3s
- Better Matchmaking so I can play against teams in my league of a comparable skill level - its crazy how me in lowly Sapphire League and a squad of Rubies can come up against a dude in Diamond league with an entirely Diamond team
- Let us determine the colour of our default shoes - having a green jersey does not mean I want green shoes for everyone - same with socks, let us customise them too.
- More unique player models for historic cards - hopefully the new feature about randomised accessories is included in MyTeam.
Everything you said, hopefully they implement some of these. One difficulty so no one can say equalizer or unfair competition anymore.

Super cards sadly will exist like a 84 rated manute bol. Just dont give guys 3s cause that's what the kids on twitter wants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 02:46 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

I want a mode where you can use your god squads and dribble gods with HOF badges to shoot contested fading 3s and also locker codes up in this **** game lit af with all those things in the game #make2klitagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »