Home

No more MTO?

This is a discussion on No more MTO? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #17
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No more MTO?

Pretty sure the Salary Cap increases as you go higher up in seeds to the point you'll be able to use whoever you want at the top for those who want to pay their way to victory.

Chill.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2017, 02:44 AM   #18
MVP

justlaze's Arena

No more MTO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Pretty sure the Salary Cap increases as you go higher up in seeds to the point you'll be able to use whoever you want at the top for those who want to pay their way to victory.

Chill.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app

You are aware of the fact that some people are really good at making MT in the auction house, right? Not everybody is relying on VC, yet they can stack their millions of MT and earn their god squads with own efforts.

Funny how fast people judge and declare it as "pay-2-win", because of their confined viewpoint in terms of auction house mechanics.

Probably if you can't pull it off yourself and can not see it happening, the only logic must be: "it's pay-2-win".
Old 08-19-2017, 02:51 AM   #19
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
You are aware of the fact that some people are really good at making MT in the auction house, right? Not everybody is relying on VC, yet they can stack their millions of MT and earn their god squads with own efforts.

Funny how fast people judge and declare it as "pay-2-win", because of their confined viewpoint in terms of auction house mechanics.

Probably if you can't pull it off yourself and can not see it happening, the only logic must be: "it's pay-2-win".
No more obtuse than your comment about "mediocre" players who don't spent a ****load of money on vritirual items in a game that goes immediately out of date every year.

I think I bought 1 playoffs box all year and despite disconnects etc. ended up with Duncan as I'm sure a ton of other people who didn't rely on overpowered cards did as well.

Blanket statements are fun
Old 08-19-2017, 03:49 AM   #20
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
No more obtuse than your comment about "mediocre" players who don't spent a ****load of money on vritirual items in a game that goes immediately out of date every year.

I think I bought 1 playoffs box all year and despite disconnects etc. ended up with Duncan as I'm sure a ton of other people who didn't rely on overpowered cards did as well.

Blanket statements are fun

Never have I ever set spending of money in any relation with a players skill or used for categorization. But interesting how you transform my statement.

I even think spending on this mode is pretty dumb. You obviously didn't get my point.

Matter of fact, you don't need to spend VC if you are good at running the AH.

But if you can't pull it off it will remain "pay-2-win" because it's easier to resign with that thought than confronting the fact of the own incapability of doing so.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:25 AM   #21
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Never have I ever set spending of money in any relation with a players skill or used for categorization. But interesting how you transform my statement.

I even think spending on this mode is pretty dumb. You obviously didn't get my point.

Matter of fact, you don't need to spend VC if you are good at running the AH.

But if you can't pull it off it will remain "pay-2-win" because it's easier to resign with that thought than confronting the fact of the own incapability of doing so.
All good dude, I probably misinterpreted what you wrote.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #22
MVP

Justlaze I think you are missing the point

You know we are friends on PS4 and we have played each other

I knowyou are really good at exploiting the AH refreshes and you get tons of MT this way so you can build a DREAM squad, BUT

in our age (I am 36) time IS money.

So you may be able to refresh every 15-30 mins like you did last year, in order to get some MT, but for me it wouldn't make any difference to spend 20 euros vs spending 1 full evening refreshing the AH

Overall, very few people have the time and patience combined to do all this that is required, so eventually the game gets pay to win.

You may be an exception, but don't judge per your own AH profits.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #23
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Justlaze I think you are missing the point

You know we are friends on PS4 and we have played each other

I knowyou are really good at exploiting the AH refreshes and you get tons of MT this way so you can build a DREAM squad, BUT

in our age (I am 36) time IS money.

So you may be able to refresh every 15-30 mins like you did last year, in order to get some MT, but for me it wouldn't make any difference to spend 20 euros vs spending 1 full evening refreshing the AH

Overall, very few people have the time and patience combined to do all this that is required, so eventually the game gets pay to win.

You may be an exception, but don't judge per your own AH profits.

I'm getting your point, but I think the time/money comparison is a bit too far fetched in this case. This depends on indivual standpoints.

Whereas you see the amount of time as work in the auction block, I see it as a fun business simulation live trading game. So if I actually enjoy building up MT and earning cards, I don't feel like I'm paying any costs - neither in time nor money.

My main point is, that MyTeam was always about the grind. If they start with salary caps and give no other options like MTO, there is no need for the grind, and for me at least, then there is no need for the mode.

If I wanna get into gameplay only I focus on MyCareer/ProAM/Park or PNO.

But MyTeam was always about building & collecting with a thoughtful strategy.

If they add both modes (MTO + Max) this will be a great game, if it's only Max it's an L. You seriously want to wait until 2K raises the cap bar? So you can use your hard earned players? No thanks.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'm getting your point, but I think the time/money comparison is a bit too far fetched in this case. This depends on indivual standpoints.

Whereas you see the amount of time as work in the auction block, I see it as a fun business simulation live trading game. So if I actually enjoy building up MT and earning cards, I don't feel like I'm paying any costs - neither in time nor money.

My main point is, that MyTeam was always about the grind. If they start with salary caps and give no other options like MTO, there is no need for the grind, and for me at least, then there is no need for the mode.

If I wanna get into gameplay only I focus on MyCareer/ProAM/Park or PNO.

But MyTeam was always about building & collecting with a thoughtful strategy.

If they add both modes (MTO + Max) this will be a great game, if it's only Max it's an L. You seriously want to wait until 2K raises the cap bar? So you can use your hard earned players? No thanks.
I cant understand the cap thing. On the video it showed Sapphire league cap at I think 500, Emerald Giannis and Conley were valued at 225 each, compared to Ruby Shaq at 250 and PD Shaq at 500. Then I saw the same lineup screen with a cap of I think 4800. Big difference but it was funny because it showed the team being over that 4800 cap even with a bunch of emeralds silvers and golds. I have no idea what to expect

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »