Home

No more MTO?

This is a discussion on No more MTO? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No more MTO?

One shows a depressingly low cap (I think sapphire league), and I have no idea how they broke the other larger cap when the starting 5 is worth 881.

Last edited by ER1C 3KGSX; 08-19-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #26
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

While i think SuperMax should be the primary mode for tournaments and competitive play, i don't think MTO should have been taken out.

I like to build the best team possible and now we can't do that. At least not at the start of the year. I understand that winning and moving up in leagues will let you play with a higher cap, but that's not gonna happen right away.

Should be fun nonetheless. Im not worried about winning with lower cards since i won MTO without a single diamond card in my lineup in 2K17.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 08-20-2017, 01:54 AM   #27
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
In other words it's complete trash.
MyTeam was always about striving to have the best team possible.
What's the purpose to play it now?
Forced to play Lonzo all year because of salary cap?
RIP MyTeam 13-17.
Average players will applaud.

I am pretty sure many people had upgrade fatigue by mid year and wanted to have lineup restrictions and more even match making throughout the cycle last year. Every thing I read about this mode so far seems to be a change in that direction.

I probably had the best lineup of anyone on this forum in 2K17, mostly through playing the AH not VC, and I for one am glad that they have done away with sniping, putting reserve bids and making it harder to make MT on the AH (there will be new tricks, but it sounds harder than before). After spending 70% of the time on the AH in 2K17, I am entirely burnt out and do not want to spend another year doing the same **** again.

So yea I am exciting that this could mean that the mode will rely more on skills and strategy to win and less on sniping or constant upgrading.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:49 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just my guess, but it looks like you rank up in leagues based on points you somehow earn and not necessarily Ws and Ls. The salary cap on sapphire league says 525 which based on pics is barely enough for Shaq and Wade, nevermind a whole team. If everyone uses them they will apparently cost more against your cap too. Maybe things will be different when the game releases.

Last edited by ER1C 3KGSX; 08-20-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 9

Feels like a step in the direction of Diamond Dynasty. Seasons every 2 weeks or month is a huge upgrade over MTO. It should mean more rewards for making it through the Finals too. Hoping this means you can get a great team without spending money this year. Maybe the salary caps will be high enough later into the year where you can still have close to a God Squad but not the end of the world if that's gone now.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #30
Rookie

Naboulet's Arena

For me, it has not interest to have to get a god squat in the first division. All the divisions should be about making the best team possible with your ability to play with different cards, to find the best fits for your team around your coaching settings and the cape space.

That's exciting and this should stay a norm in my opinion.

After that, it would be interesting for auction house players to have a god mode so they can have fun too.

But yeah, I ticked too when I saw the numbers around 4800 with three green cards, one gold and one silver. But obviously, the numbers on this screenshot aren't important.

I'm excited to see it in action though !
Old 08-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #31
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

One thing i really like about this mode is that it will put people's team building skills to the test. Are you gonna sacrifice your bench for a star player or 2 like the Knicks? Or are you gonna build a balanced team like the Spurs?

The strategy of building a team that fits your playstyle and your Coach's system will now be even more important.

And thank the Lord the equalizer will finally be gone since everyone's team will be on the same level. I hope 2K organizes some online tournaments out of this mode throughout the year.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #32
Rookie

I like this idea on paper, we'll see how it shakes out in reality. Last year's MTO got really tiresome when you'd put together a fun team to try out only to face a team with all of these ridiculous cards that people would just abuse to spam steals and turnovers on you instead of playing actual basketball with them. In Play Now Online, they only had one or two players they could do this with so it was containable but in MTO, they virtually had an entire 5 that they could abuse. The games weren't really that fun and in all honestly, given the whole "equalizer" talk, if you were on the side that it existed, you were putting together teams that were lesser anyways.

This is at least a step in making it more balanced and those who want to run crazy line ups can still do offline so it's not like it's completely removed from the game even though I understand wanting to take it online. I wonder if there's a play now with friends, if you'd be able to use anyone you want there which may be a workaround?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »