Home

Its that time again guys! Who's excited to start?

This is a discussion on Its that time again guys! Who's excited to start? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 12:13 PM   #17
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Its that time again guys! Who's excited to start?

Domination mechanics are pretty much identical to last year. +5 for post move, +4 for assist, blah blah.

I got lumped with the Knicks playbook but man, running plays is way better this year, the way they both form quickly and branch of so smoothly will hopefully make them even more useful rather than just pick and roll spam like last year.

I'm actually just letting play calls run as auto and it's quite pleasant to watch.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-14-2017, 12:18 PM   #18
Rookie

Poohdini1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defconxx
I've got the game early, thanks to my shop, already grinding domination. Points requirements are lower this year, 500+ for the last games of current domination, which do not award you a player but MT. I can't pinpoint the final domination rewards as of now, because the French translation is a bit dodgy.

As far as collection rewards are concerned, if you complete both historic collections, you get 97 OVR Dirk (Historic West collection), Nets Dr J. (for the east) and the cherry on top is PD 99 OVR Big O.
Just guessing but I'm gonna assume the point requirements are lower because they've added all-time domination. How many games have you been through?
Old 09-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdini1
Just guessing but I'm gonna assume the point requirements are lower because they've added all-time domination. How many games have you been through?
I've only completed a couple of games, but I also assume that points requirements will increase in historic and all-time dom.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Domination mechanics are pretty much identical to last year. +5 for post move, +4 for assist, blah blah.
Okay, wow...then Domination will be much easier and also much more fun to play. And those who actually try to grind MT through gameplay now can get a more worthwhile amount.

Quote:
I got lumped with the Knicks playbook but man, running plays is way better this year, the way they both form quickly and branch of so smoothly will hopefully make them even more useful rather than just pick and roll spam like last year.
Very nice to hear. Thanks for the reporting.

EDIT: One more question I forgot about earlier...is there any sort of pre-requisite for playing a franchise's "Schedule Mode" games? I.e. have X number of players from that franchise?

Last edited by harryl; 09-14-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #21
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
When you got back to having a connection, did the win/stars register, or did you have to replay?

Yeah, I hated this in 2K17.

Did you also get Schroder, Lance Stephenson, and Jared Dudley?

Kyrie was a Free Agent pre-order bonus?
I got Schroeder and Dudley, but not Lance. Yeah Kyrie was from the basic pre order, not looking forward to playing against a million of him but oh well.

And yes the Domination packs showed up after I reconnected.

Another thing I love so far is how viable layups seem to be, you can actually be pretty elusive and finish in the paint without dunking.

Very impressed with the offensive gameplay so far but I worry a bit if defense will be a bit too weak in comparison to how good offense seems to be. Time will tell though as only played 3 domination games on Pro so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #22
Rookie

Poohdini1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defconxx
I've only completed a couple of games, but I also assume that points requirements will increase in historic and all-time dom.
They definitely will increase. Historic requirements will probably be close to what we've been used to in 2K15/16/17, then all time domination will be what we've seen from previous historic domination.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdini1
I guess they finally relented and just decided to not make people hate their lives while grinding through domination
Old 09-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #24
Rookie

Can you play myteam against the cpu on superstar or hall of fame?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »