Home

2k18 Domination Roadblocks

This is a discussion on 2k18 Domination Roadblocks within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2k18 Domination Roadblocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
FFFF finally done with the grinding. I'll save you guys the trouble and tell you don't bother playing a real lineup for the last 3 games. I went with all PFs/Cs and the biggest bodies I could find with one ballhandler.

Just cheese the crap out of the last games or you will pull your hair out.
So just post spin relentlessly on mismatches along with standard pushing of pace and, basically, score more points than you give up?

This was for All-Time Domination?
Old 09-28-2017, 09:51 PM   #34
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
FFFF finally done with the grinding. I'll save you guys the trouble and tell you don't bother playing a real lineup for the last 3 games. I went with all PFs/Cs and the biggest bodies I could find with one ballhandler.

Just cheese the crap out of the last games or you will pull your hair out.
Can you tell me what your lineup is? I cheese the cpu too but i dont get to that 900
Old 09-28-2017, 10:42 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

My strategy is pick and roll with a dunking pf like Parker Blake or Haywood. The cpu fall for it every time and its a wide opeb dunk. You'll get the dunk+assist bonus everytime amd draw fouls for your 10 FTs. Dont be afraid to drive and kick it out to open 3pt shooters to meet your 5 3pters per game. On defense, sag off a bit because they tend to drive over shooting 3s. Be aware of their C at all times. They are all robot god Cs who will get alot of offensive rebounds and putbacks if you dont make sure ur C is on them tightly. If youre slacking on FTs cuz too many open dunks, force it to the rim once you draw the defense instead of hitting the roller. They will usually give u a few cheap fouls. Press up on the d pad to keep track of your MT at all times and aim for 450-500. Force OT if you feel like you need more time. I did this and scored 1200 points on last game of historic dom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #36
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Who do you guys use as a coach. Does it make a difference?
Old 10-01-2017, 06:45 AM   #37
MVP

Holy smokes, I am having a heck of a time with the 1996 Bulls. Played them like 6 times now. Not a problem to beat them but hard to win and get the MT. Came closest when I had 800 MT...without FT and 3PT bonuses...Was only one attempt off on both.

Driving me nuts how Longley plays like a high quality defender. Even guys like Wennington will pull offensive boards and finish putbacks through contact.

Toni f'ing Kukoc becomes this 1 v 1 ISO killer and finishes with Kawhi's hand in his face. Kerr drives through traffic and finishes nifty layups like he's Kyrie. Nails any open 3. Pippen takes and drains contested step back threes. Jordan is a God, but fine that's accurate.

My rock bottom was cheesing them with a lineup jammed with Centers...which works sorta. Just too slow paced to generate enough MT.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Holy smokes, I am having a heck of a time with the 1996 Bulls. Played them like 6 times now. Not a problem to beat them but hard to win and get the MT. Came closest when I had 800 MT...without FT and 3PT bonuses...Was only one attempt off on both.

Driving me nuts how Longley plays like a high quality defender. Even guys like Wennington will pull offensive boards and finish putbacks through contact.

Toni f'ing Kukoc becomes this 1 v 1 ISO killer and finishes with Kawhi's hand in his face. Kerr drives through traffic and finishes nifty layups like he's Kyrie. Nails any open 3. Pippen takes and drains contested step back threes. Jordan is a God, but fine that's accurate.

My rock bottom was cheesing them with a lineup jammed with Centers...which works sorta. Just too slow paced to generate enough MT.
If I remember correctly, I spent my time off-ballin' on D with my center, just to box-out Longley and grab boards. There's some shady stuff happening on D in the post, guys seems to slide or go through your defender.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #39
Rookie

Do the jump cheese, every time jump as your guard way too early and switch to the center. So the ai plays fast and you get some blocks and possessions...
Old 10-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hina
Do the jump cheese, every time jump as your guard way too early and switch to the center. So the ai plays fast and you get some blocks and possessions...
This changed my life. Thank you so much. I played 2K17 and made it all the way through both rounds and all the way through current this time without realizing how this simple trick dramatically increases MT production. Yes, you have to be able to outscore your opponent, less useful against all time teams who will drain every midrange jumper, but I just got 1068 MT against the Vince Carter Raptors using this. Thanks so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »