Home

What the hell with this Miami Heat weekly challenge?

This is a discussion on What the hell with this Miami Heat weekly challenge? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What the hell with this Miami Heat weekly challenge?

I can't believe a week one challenge is this difficult. I've tried different sets, lineups, strategies. You would think a week one challenge would be mild and not this tough to plan for. It would be one thing if it was sucking contracts off my Sapphire's, Ruby's and Amy's later in the season. But this is week one and I'm wasting contracts to beat it. I'd grind MyCareer for VC, but I can't without fear of losing my players save info.

Incredibly frustrated by this challenge. I want it to be a challenge, but I'm throwing the entire book at it. I'm resorting to using my Onyx cards because I just want to get past it and never think about it again...Good luck with that BTW.

If this is how the Heat play this season you're looking at a sweep and Whiteside will go down as the unanimous season and finals MVP. Spolstras gonna make Phil look like a D3 coach.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA

Incredibly frustrated by this challenge. I want it to be a challenge, but I'm throwing the entire book at it. I'm resorting to using my Onyx cards because I just want to get past it and never think about it again...Good luck with that BTW.
They went full copy and paste from last year challenges, they didn't take into account that it's the beginning of the year and that for most teams, it will be tough to beat a challenge on all-star difficulty right away.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defconxx
They went full copy and paste from last year challenges, they didn't take into account that it's the beginning of the year and that for most teams, it will be tough to beat a challenge on all-star difficulty right away.

I honestly think that 2k made a mistake and the difficulty for this challenge is set to a higher difficulty than all-star. The Bulls challenge directly after the "Heat Index" challenge is all-star difficulty, and I blew them out from the start. The Heat challenge probably took me at least 8 attempts.

I seriously think something is wrong here. Whiteside eats rebounds and makes fadaway jumpers from near the 3 point line. Dragic cannot be guarded one on one and will get to the rim if you try to stick one person in front of him. Waiters will also kill an individual defender and hit any mid to long range shot as soon as there is a slight opening. This challenge was maddening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle1228
I honestly think that 2k made a mistake and the difficulty for this challenge is set to a higher difficulty than all-star. The Bulls challenge directly after the "Heat Index" challenge is all-star difficulty, and I blew them out from the start. The Heat challenge probably took me at least 8 attempts.

I seriously think something is wrong here. Whiteside eats rebounds and makes fadaway jumpers from near the 3 point line. Dragic cannot be guarded one on one and will get to the rim if you try to stick one person in front of him. Waiters will also kill an individual defender and hit any mid to long range shot as soon as there is a slight opening. This challenge was maddening.
Just tried again, got to within two before Whiteside went extraterrestrial and grabbed FOUR offensive rebounds in a row before getting the and 1 which put them up by 5. Traded buckets down the stretch until Winslow hit a crazy contested jumper that he had no business hitting. You literally have to play perfectly to beat these guys.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:00 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoricua
Just tried again, got to within two before Whiteside went extraterrestrial and grabbed FOUR offensive rebounds in a row before getting the and 1 which put them up by 5. Traded buckets down the stretch until Winslow hit a crazy contested jumper that he had no business hitting. You literally have to play perfectly to beat these guys.
No doubt you have to play near perfect. Lots of focus and no wasted possessions. On my 7th try I played off ball defense and just floated around the paint with my center to stop Dragic and Waiters on their drives. This seemed to help a lot. Although using this technique it was hard to keep Whiteside off the boards when Dragic or Waiters missed. I lost in the 3rd overtime, but on my 8th try I won by 5 points using the same technique. Before moving to the off-ball/Center defense strategy, the closest I got to beating them was within 5 points. I really do think the difficulty is bugged considering the Bulls on All-Star are so much easier to play against.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
It would be one thing if it was sucking contracts off my Sapphire's, Ruby's and Amy's later in the season. But this is week one and I'm wasting contracts to beat it.
If you're playing mostly Bronze/Silver/Gold, you should still be making enough MT in the game to pay for those contracts. So long as you're buying contracts in the menus, not in the AH. 5 Gold and 8 Bronze riding the pine only costs 144 MT.

Make it 3 Gold, 1 Emerald, and 1 Sapphire, and it's still only 168 MT. You should be able to make 200-300 in this game, pretty easily, even in a losing effort.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1

This one was a struggle. Also 2nd 76ers schedule challenge against the Grizz took me like 5 tries at least. They start up 4 and get the ball at the start of both quarters and play like fiends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 04:42 AM   #16
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
If you're playing mostly Bronze/Silver/Gold, you should still be making enough MT in the game to pay for those contracts. So long as you're buying contracts in the menus, not in the AH. 5 Gold and 8 Bronze riding the pine only costs 144 MT.

Make it 3 Gold, 1 Emerald, and 1 Sapphire, and it's still only 168 MT. You should be able to make 200-300 in this game, pretty easily, even in a losing effort.
You did this last year to SK8board later in the year. Did you copy and paste from then? We're talking about the beginning of the season. I need to carry over as many contracts through because now there's 3 tiers of Domination, Weekly Challenges, Season challenges, and now Super Max. There are more play modes with more chances to both use contracts AND earn contracts. But you still need contracts further into the season.

And if you're using MT to purchase contracts what do you use to build up your team? Using MT should only be used in the AH. It's more a more expensive option than using VC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »