Home

Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18)

This is a discussion on Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2017, 04:53 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Some cards have come down. The regular emeralds used to be above 5k in pricing, but now you can get many for less than 5. Also, some cards like Ruby Horford, and Cousins that used to be high 30, and 40s are now in the 20s in pricing.

Once more cards are released and ruby's are common, those cards won't stand out as much and will plummet in price.
Yeah, that post you quoted was from a month ago. Much has changed and I think this next month will be continual market upheaval. In general, all the Current collection stuff will be dramatically crappier than Premium and Moments collection cards, and will really crater in value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 04:19 AM   #42
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Yeah, that post you quoted was from a month ago. Much has changed and I think this next month will be continual market upheaval. In general, all the Current collection stuff will be dramatically crappier than Premium and Moments collection cards, and will really crater in value.
I wonder what might be the best timing if you wanna go for higher collection rewards like Dr. J, Dirk or even Oscar.
The market already took a hit after the new set with way better pack odds than in the past.
I'm currently sitting on 1.5 million and just waiting for endgame cards to come out or for the right moment to invest.
Anyway harryl how is your first "PS4 Year" going after you changed from PC?
Old 11-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #43
Rookie

Can anyone point me in the right direction on the FASTEST way to get access to the Auction House?

Sorry...but this is SILLY. The game mode is called "MY" Team and I'm being forced to play a bunch of games and Challenges with a team of players FORCED on me.

I've taken a few years off...but this is a step in the wrong direction. I don't want to play these games and challenges with players i HATE.

I play MyTeam to put together a team of guys I WANT to play with.

Having to accomplish all of these "goals" with players I cant stand goes against the whole idea of the mode.

Anyway....I think the only thing I need is a token....

How do I get this so I can get in the Auction House and play with guys I actually LIKE?!?!?!
Old 11-24-2017, 02:38 PM   #44
MVP

You see the Goals for Auction House? If you need a Challenge Token do the starter challenges. You don't have to do a Weekly.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
You see the Goals for Auction House? If you need a Challenge Token do the starter challenges. You don't have to do a Weekly.
Thanks...got it figured out.

Sort of annoying. Spent hours playing with players I hate. If they are gonna make the AH something you have to get access to, maybe give us some more input on which players we start with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #46
Rookie

joeptc's Arena

OVR: 9

So, been playing since release, and finished All Time Dom and now am looking to get into Auction House moneymaking. I have tons of shoes, badges, etc. Looking to get a start on hoarding MT just for the hell of it.

Is there a place where there is detailed info, spreadsheets, etc., where it goes into average shoe prices, badge prices, and collection (historic/current) . I guess I could do the grunt work and figure out myself, but I just wondered since this is the internet and everyone has done everything if anyone here knew where a good spot to start on. Like, what are the cards to go for to snipe and sell. Spaceward Bird is good, and Carlos story kind of drives me nuts. ANy other resources?

Kind of broad I know, but thought I'd check. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #47
MVP

There is no centralized place for this because it takes a massive amount of work to tabulate this all, and it's that work that enables people to make MT on the AH. So nobody is going to share it widely, for free.

I've been stockpiling Shoes and Badges the last couple of months. Badges have steadily gone downward over the past month and I just keep chasing the market down and growing my pile of badges. If badge prices ever get back up to where they peaked, I'll be able to liquidate for around 1M MT. If they only recover modestly and 2K is going to keep them about as cheap as they are, right now, for rest of cycle, then I can still probably just about break even.

Shoes got insanely dirt-cheap around Kobe Day and for the week or two after that. Prices on some brands/shoes have recovered nicely this past week.

Right now, if you want to "invest," then I think Badges are a good option. But no telling when it'll pay off. And you have to know what is a cheap price for any given badge. You can learn this, with work, for this current time period, but you need to constantly track prices to get a good sense of when is truly a good time to buy/sell.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #48
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

You guys know how to work the market better than I, so I'll ask: Is investing in these cheap current collection Rubies like Antonio McDyess worth it? He's totally inexpensive right now but is the MT gain worth the wait?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »