Home

2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc

This is a discussion on 2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 03:05 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiveer
MJWizards and freno are 2 that work well together and have made multiple historic rosters on the PS4
Got it thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 03:18 AM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodypoo
I left a reply earlier, but something seemed to go wrong .But I would also love to help. VizzyXV and I worked on a roster earlier this year and he invited me to check out this thread. I mainly do Attribute making, I'm not terribly good at CAPs but I do them too. I've been making rosters on my own since 2k13 and this was my first year of having somebody to help me. If any of you want to check out my stuff (I don't have very many rosters) my PSN is bobguything.

I'd love to help in any way I can.

I think that the best way for us to be effective as a group is to try and get as organized as we can. I think that if we can decide definitively on some rosters that we for sure all want to work on, we should make spreadsheets for each roster, not just pages on one spread sheet. That will kind of streamline our process.

Also I think some other rosters that would be fun to work on would be All-Star rosters, where the 30 current teams, or maybe Euro-Teams, can be replaced by All-Star games. So 15 years of All-Star games, 2 teams for each year.
Good point about there being only 5 roster spots available. Several different people will be needed as official roster uploaders once we start accumulating a lot of rosters.
Another good point about spreadsheets and I completely agree. For example, the NBA Finals Rosters project has its own spreadsheet separate from the complete current players list that VinnyXV started.

Maybe I'm missing something as several people expressed concern over making two separate rosters for the same year...but will making playoff rosters be all that much extra work? Trade players, assign/remove injuries, create different gameplay sliders for playoff style basketball. And that's it right? Maybe 4-5 hours of work per roster? If people are asking for it, then hopefully it means there's people interested in helping with that portion of the project.
All-star game rosters is a fun idea and I'll add that to the OP.
Thanks for offering help, I'll add you to the growing list of contributors to this project!
Old 05-07-2016, 03:26 AM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
*Raises hand*

Willing to chip in wherever possible. First dabbled with roster editting in 2k14, worked on a project for 2k15 (incomplete) and released a project for 2k16.

Not very good at CAPs from a visual standpoint, but have a good system in place for tendencies and attributes.

Also have been working on slider sets for the past few 2Ks, so I have a good idea of how to tweak those.

Great! I know I've downloaded one of your rosters in the past and really liked it. Looks like you did great work on that 2016 season roster too. Congrats on finishing!

Last edited by Coachjosh21; 05-07-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:39 AM   #84
Rookie

Update: changed the first post where it says classic to "custom". After seeing half a dozen different roster makers try their hand at editing rosters for the current season, I think we could join forces and make one outstanding current roster for 2k17 and do it in record time. We could even have someone NBA-savvy that watches a lot of games in charge of keeping it updated like once a week or month or something. What will help keep subjectivity on ratings, tendencies and badges to a minimum is using Sonic's numbers for most categories. There's a whole sub-community of people that edit the 2k16 default roster with sig styles, accessories, body edits, updated contracts, of course ratings, badges etc. Some rosters like Cycloniac's includes those kind of edits but I could imagine that took an eternity to do.

If we have spreadsheets to work from, a whole team could crank out a current roster season fairly quickly. And it could be inputted on any platform if users desired to use it.

Last edited by Coachjosh21; 05-07-2016 at 04:04 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #85
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

Anyone else down to get on an app that we can use to chat? I feel it would be much easier then trying to communicate via comments/PMs

Anyone know any good ones?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 10:02 AM   #86
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizzyXV
Anyone else down to get on an app that we can use to chat? I feel it would be much easier then trying to communicate via comments/PMs

We used GroupMe on the interactive sim seasons

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs
Old 05-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #87
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmagn
We used GroupMe on the interactive sim seasons

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Yeah I use groupme for a lot of things, could be a solid choice, everyone else agree?
Old 05-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #88
MVP

Jaiveer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizzyXV

A PS4 chat is a good idea, we used it for FDU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »