Home

Duplicate Players

This is a discussion on Duplicate Players within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 12:28 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Duplicate Players

Can you create a duplicate anyways? For a player who’s only in the game once but you would like another copy of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2017, 02:43 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Sorry, that's programming related, it has to do with how the roster file is structured.

See, the roster file contains a giant players list of all the players in the game complete with their ratings, accessories, signatures, cyberfaces, etc. And then a "team" is just a list of 15 references (actually, it's called a player ID) pointing into the players list to define what players are on it. What the OP thought might be happening is that his steps would make a full "copy", meaning a whole new entry in the players list. That would be awesome because that means both could be edited separately from each other, it'd be just like another way to create a new player for the roster. But that's not what's happening. All it's doing is creating another reference, which means now you have two teams both pointing to the same player row in the big players list. So when you edit one of the duplicates what its actually doing is editing the same master player that the original reference is also using. So both duplicates end up with the same edits. This is no good, because you couldn't do things like give them both separate accessories or ratings if you put them on separate teams.

Hope that is a little clearer.
Ok now its clear! thanks
Old 09-24-2017, 03:07 AM   #11
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizzyXV
The duplicates are basically just a mirror copy of one another, so say you edit the attributes of one of the copied players, the exact same edits would be done to the other copied player
Does the same thing happen once you start a MyLeague with duplicates?
Otherwise recreating single seasons would be possible without messing up Classic Teams and All-Time Teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 03:22 AM   #12
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu8lal8
Does the same thing happen once you start a MyLeague with duplicates?
Otherwise recreating single seasons would be possible without messing up Classic Teams and All-Time Teams.
It's not a "duplicate" per se, it's two different views to the exact same player. So in MyLeague for instance (if it doesn't crash), I'd imagine that if one of the views played a game during the season, the same stats from that game would apply to both "players". Or if you're playing MyLeague with a player on a team that's actually a dupe view of a player that's on a team that's not included in your MyLeague like a classic team or likewise, I'd expect a crash or some other undesired behavior.

It'd be fun for creating a team of all Jordan's or an all star/olympic team that you can only use in quick play. But I wouldn't expect much else out of it.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 09-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
It's not a "duplicate" per se, it's two different views to the exact same player. So in MyLeague for instance (if it doesn't crash), I'd imagine that if one of the views played a game during the season, the same stats from that game would apply to both "players". Or if you're playing MyLeague with a player on a team that's actually a dupe view of a player that's on a team that's not included in your MyLeague like a classic team or likewise, I'd expect a crash or some other undesired behavior.

It'd be fun for creating a team of all Jordan's or an all star/olympic team that you can only use in quick play. But I wouldn't expect much else out of it.

Actually you could duplicate per se a Classic player and then assign the duplicate to any team and even if the original player is not in your MyLeague it won't crash as long as you keep the Original player in it's original team, thus the Portrait of the players will then turn into a cyber portrait for both copies. But no crash will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #14
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE8
Actually you could duplicate per se a Classic player and then assign the duplicate to any team and even if the original player is not in your MyLeague it won't crash as long as you keep the Original player in it's original team, thus the Portrait of the players will then turn into a cyber portrait for both copies. But no crash will happen.

My game is crashing from this. Any way to undo the copy?
Old 10-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdog Millionaire
My game is crashing from this. Any way to undo the copy?

No, the trick is to duplicate once and send the copy to the team roster that u r going to use in season roster. The team with the original copy of a duplicate will crash in season mode but not in play now. So what I do is per say I duplicate Bob Cousy for Bob Cousy send one of the copies to Celtics ‘65 and then per say use ‘65 Celtics in Season mode and there is no crash for that team but if u use AllTime Celtics with Cousy then it will crash in season mode.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #16
Rookie

I uploaded a roster in process called HOF Roster ... on PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »