Home

NBA X’s & O’s

This is a discussion on NBA X’s & O’s within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2021, 02:34 PM   #41
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA X’s & O’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
I’m not sure where I see the impact in game yet though. I’ve tried using favorite plays to assign plays to my PF where the C is usually the handoff passer but the play still runs through the C.
Let me know what you find there. I have not got that far as to is right player 0performing it. Do you have both players assigned with handoff passer?

It could be like some of other plays too where even if I call a play for let’s say sf it will run to my SG. There are a handful like that. Same with post up to either the 4 or 5 even if you call a play for the other.

I’ll dove into it eventually so hopefully you can see what’s happening there. It’s a great addition if we can control it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2021, 11:41 AM   #42
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Playbook Update

Ok, so as you know all plays are tested. I narrowed down 50 plays per each team as well.

But for me to properly test the playbooks in game I had to start editing tendencies to see how they would truly execute them. For example pass to open man helps teams execute better. I started with 2 teams and just started tweaking scales. The game and teams played amazing! So I just kept going. I spent 12-15 hours per day since release. Yes I have a job but it runs itself. Hence why I can do that… lol

Last night I finished all 30 teams full tendencies. Every tendency.

Now I can test and tweak each team 1 by 1 and adjust plays and tendencies per team as I go. Now that the roster is scaled it’s super easy to tweak something that’s off. I even did all 30 teams rotations. It’s really a great base roster at this point as it still needs some real stat data as well as some more film study for team specific plays.

The plays I have in currently is concepts and actions teams run as well as getting players in spots they like to operate from.

Example, Giannis short corner iso or high post iso, curry coming off floppy, etc.

My whole goal is to have this whole project completely done before the season where all I need to do is tweak new plays for new coaches and the 22 season.

Anyways, still grinding and that’s where I’m at currently…

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-19-2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:57 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Dang, that was fast. What kind of system do you use for tendencies?
Old 09-19-2021, 12:35 PM   #44
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
Dang, that was fast. What kind of system do you use for tendencies?
Fast? Definitely didn’t feel fast! I’m OCD so when I get started I can’t stop. But I really wanted to knock it out this year and enjoy the game all year. Tired of editing all year and never playing. Lol Plus I have plenty of time on my hands and with not editing last 3 years I haven’t got burned out. But most importantly for me this year was how incredible gameplay is when edited. That’s motivating! Last 3 years were not like this at all.

I went off my scales from years past and see how they translated and then tweaked from there from testing. All gameplay testing. Then stats added last. But I know all the top players it’s the deep bench that needs more film and stats. I’ve been editing rosters Personal for as long as I can remember. I just don’t share them typically. So I know what I’m looking for in certain things… like the stuff from the tendency thread for REALISM…

Like I said, it’s a solid base at this point and not close to done but I’d say I’m 70-75% there… But this is the fun part now. The heavy lifting is over thank god! The scales for everything is the monotonous part and so time consuming! Now it’s test and tweak and film study and repeat… :-)

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-19-2021 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:12 PM   #45
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

A quick example of how important the scales are and I just came across when testing the clippers in game. My driving tendencies were too high from years past. They were driving way too much. And I like a high drive and kick game. But In 22 I didn’t need to be as high as years past. So because it was scaled per player I just mass edited what I needed down 10. Then tested again. Bingo found the range there to get what I wanted. And I can do it as 1 big league wide edit which saves hours of time editing!

1 thing I try to do is NOT have to tweak and cpu slider tendencies. I could lower slider driving tendency but that just means my scales were off if I had to do that. Anyways this should be discussed in tendency thread to not derail this one but just wanted to touch on real quick…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 33

Would love to download this base roster you have, even if not yet complete.
Old 09-19-2021, 03:07 PM   #47
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Would love to download this base roster you have, even if not yet complete.
You on Xbox next gen? If so, give me a week or so to fine tune it this week. The team specific stuff like touches, play types, and some other stuff still need to be tuned still. Plus want to reorder playbooks after testing and add and subtract if needed. But I can upload for you for sure…

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-19-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:58 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Playbook Update

Ok, so as you know all plays are tested. I narrowed down 50 plays per each team as well.

But for me to properly test the playbooks in game I had to start editing tendencies to see how they would truly execute them. For example pass to open man helps teams execute better. I started with 2 teams and just started tweaking scales. The game and teams played amazing! So I just kept going. I spent 12-15 hours per day since release. Yes I have a job but it runs itself. Hence why I can do that… lol

Now I can test and tweak each team 1 by 1 and adjust plays and tendencies per team as I go. Now that the roster is scaled it’s super easy to tweak something that’s off. I even did all 30 teams rotations. It’s really a great base roster at this point as it still needs some real stat data as well as some more film study for team specific plays.

The plays I have in currently is concepts and actions teams run as well as getting players in spots they like to operate from.

Example, Giannis short corner iso or high post iso, curry coming off floppy, etc.

My whole goal is to have this whole project completely done before the season where all I need to do is tweak new plays for new coaches and the 22 season.

Anyways, still grinding and that’s where I’m at currently…
The Legend is Hard at work. Hey buddy when you get a chance, can you PM me OR Post a list of Best Plays. I am just coming up with a few Generic Playbooks for me. I want it for Personal use. I cant do full Roster Edits anymore due to Neuropathy issues, but i can make a few edits at a time. I am on PS4 right now OR I would just wait on you to finish.

I am so happy you are back in the Community. Really missed your insight the last few years.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »