Home

NBA X’s & O’s

This is a discussion on NBA X’s & O’s within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #57
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA X’s & O’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Some bad news for roster editors. To adjust play types per player we have to go edit 1 by 1 in edit player. You can’t see them after playbook screen and adjust 1 by 1. Can’t even see their play tpes unless you toggle over and scroll through plays. Not streamlined anymore. Smh

So I'm trying to edit play types. I go to edit player and I'm not seeing where to edit the play type. Could you give me some guidance please?

Someone else gave me the answer.

Last edited by Becanes; 09-25-2021 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #58
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Playbook Update

All 30 teams and all free agents tendencies are completely done. All 30 teams rough draft playbooks are done and I tested each team in game to tweak and make sure each team is playing correctly.

For example it took me 3 days to get the Clippers & Bucks (hard coded with Giannis & Khawhi) to play like themselves. They were a nightmare. I had similar problem with the Lakers and LeBron. I probably played 100 quarters each of each team and then had to tweak, test, and repeat.

Anyways, tons of signatures were also added to all players from woody’s great work. The game and teams are playing great basketball. I had to tweak some scales slightly as I tested and the minimum and maximum tendencies are all now in their sweet spots.

For example some drive tendencies were too high and needed to be scaled down slightly. There were a ton of new scales this year from games past that have changed drastically. Like the drive tendencies, attack strong, close, etc…

Next step, someone will be editing all the vitals, coaches, ages, more sigs, etc.

As that’s happening I’m watching game film and will be watching tons of games from last year and this years pre-season to add some real plays. Also, as I’m watching film For plays I’m also breaking down player specific tendencies and tweaking as needed. Such as finishing with spin layups, euro, hop step, dribble moves, stepbacks, pull up’s, etc…

For example I watched some games last night and took some notes.

Pacers ran some 5out (Give 52 Clear), DBL Drag into DBL stagger, Chicago, Staggers, empty side PNR with Sabonis, RIP screen to Sabonis, Veer action, etc.

The Clippers ram some elbow action, some AI cuts, and basic dbl staggers. While the Timberwolves ram some double drags. And the Kings ran some pistol into double drag, horns elbow, and some 5 out delay action for Hield. The Grizzlies with double horns top key PNR. Etcetera…

That’s just some examples of notes I’m taking and matching up real team plays and actions with 2k plays. Oh, and 1 last big edit is the order I place plays in for each category will be the last thing I do but very important this year. To see certain actions that are team specific this will need to be done as well.

Of note I have a real nice slider set locked in to go with the roster. I also added another playbook that’s DHO heavy that’s complete and in standard playbook to assign for everyone.

Anyways, don’t confuse me being quiet as not working on the project. It’s actually the opposite. If I’m quiet I’m in deep editing. Lol! This will be complete by opening day! The game has only been out 2 1/2 weeks so where I’m at is pretty crazy to be honest! 10-12 hours a day to get where I’m currently at since release. No idea how any roster could even be out before now. So again, please be patient. The final update will have crazy detail.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-28-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:45 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any chance you can upload a roster with your plays? Just to give us a test drive?
Old 09-28-2021, 11:49 AM   #60
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
Any chance you can upload a roster with your plays? Just to give us a test drive?
Yes… that’s coming shortly… I’m OCD with it so I want to make sure I don’t miss anything first. All fine tuning little tweaks now.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #61
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall_Gilbert
Can you make a spreadsheet or something for us players on PS5? I'm excited to see your work
I’m not a spreadsheet guy but I can probably do a video of teams like I did in the past showing each teams edits. Now that there are 10 players per page it should be easier and quicker videos as well. But I won’t do that until it’s 100% complete because last time I did after rough draft and made mass changes after which I didn’t know I was going to need to do…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2021, 05:28 PM   #62
Just started!

OVR: 0

I’m tuned in as well, I appreciate the great work that you do . You make the game “that” much better 💯
Old 09-28-2021, 07:50 PM   #63
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3

Can't wait.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:52 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Playbook Update

All 30 teams and all free agents tendencies are completely done. All 30 teams rough draft playbooks are done and I tested each team in game to tweak and make sure each team is playing correctly.

For example it took me 3 days to get the Clippers & Bucks (hard coded with Giannis & Khawhi) to play like themselves. They were a nightmare. I had similar problem with the Lakers and LeBron. I probably played 100 quarters each of each team and then had to tweak, test, and repeat.

Anyways, tons of signatures were also added to all players from woody’s great work. The game and teams are playing great basketball. I had to tweak some scales slightly as I tested and the minimum and maximum tendencies are all now in their sweet spots.

For example some drive tendencies were too high and needed to be scaled down slightly. There were a ton of new scales this year from games past that have changed drastically. Like the drive tendencies, attack strong, close, etc…

Next step, someone will be editing all the vitals, coaches, ages, more sigs, etc.

As that’s happening I’m watching game film and will be watching tons of games from last year and this years pre-season to add some real plays. Also, as I’m watching film For plays I’m also breaking down player specific tendencies and tweaking as needed. Such as finishing with spin layups, euro, hop step, dribble moves, stepbacks, pull up’s, etc…

For example I watched some games last night and took some notes.

Pacers ran some 5out (Give 52 Clear), DBL Drag into DBL stagger, Chicago, Staggers, empty side PNR with Sabonis, RIP screen to Sabonis, Veer action, etc.

The Clippers ram some elbow action, some AI cuts, and basic dbl staggers. While the Timberwolves ram some double drags. And the Kings ran some pistol into double drag, horns elbow, and some 5 out delay action for Hield. The Grizzlies with double horns top key PNR. Etcetera…

That’s just some examples of notes I’m taking and matching up real team plays and actions with 2k plays. Oh, and 1 last big edit is the order I place plays in for each category will be the last thing I do but very important this year. To see certain actions that are team specific this will need to be done as well.

Of note I have a real nice slider set locked in to go with the roster. I also added another playbook that’s DHO heavy that’s complete and in standard playbook to assign for everyone.

Anyways, don’t confuse me being quiet as not working on the project. It’s actually the opposite. If I’m quiet I’m in deep editing. Lol! This will be complete by opening day! The game has only been out 2 1/2 weeks so where I’m at is pretty crazy to be honest! 10-12 hours a day to get where I’m currently at since release. No idea how any roster could even be out before now. So again, please be patient. The final update will have crazy detail.
What are some of the main tendencies that you adjusted to improve the gameplay, and also will you be posting each teams plays/playbooks like you use to in the past? Trying to ask for us PS5 guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »