Home

3 point attempts statistics

This is a discussion on 3 point attempts statistics within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
3 point attempts statistics

IRL, 20 teams avg more than 20 attempts per game and only 1 avg less than 15,

CPU averages under 10 3 attempts and often less than 5

I've played with the tendencies sliders but to no success.

Has anyone found a fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Re: 3 point attempts statistics

I've noticed this too and it annoys me, especially when I'm playing a team like the Spurs who are advocates of the 3 point shot. What i've noticed is, go to edit roster, go to a team, for this example its the Spurs. Go to each players playcall list and make sure everyone has a 3 point play tend, remove the mid-range play for guys like Danny Green and Belinelli. Make sure Popovich's offensive gameplan is set to "get shooters open". And make sure your CPU sliders are set to 100 for 3 point tendency. Also, make sure Popovich's bench depth/minutes slider is set to 11 bench players and 100 minutes. This ensures their 3 point shooting bench brigade gets accurate playing time. Although I've noticed starters always end up playing over 30 minutes no matter what you do, which is kind of annoying considering its a team like the Spurs who love spreading minutes around.

This method got me 15 three point attempts from the Spurs. Which is still about 8 attempts too short but better than 10. I also realized the reason why they probably aren't shooting 3's is because i'm taking that away from them and because theyre scoring 50-60 points in the paint every game routinely. So I havent exactlly been giving them a reason to shoot from outside. I decided to "protect the paint" as my POE, since I'd rather give up a couple more three's and save those easy buckets in the paint. I'm trying to limit their paint scoring to 45.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Agree with the above poster.
I have set the 3pt tendency in my sliders at 90.
But you nearly need to give up the 3pt shot in order for them to shoot it regularly.
Just played a game against GSW where I packed the paint and gave them the 3pt shot and they actually shot 14 on 6min qtrs so it is possible.
The downside was they hit about 9 of them.....
Old 10-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
Rookie

I think you guys are right about changing the defense. Maybe making help defense 65-70 will leave more drive and kick opportunities. But the CPU takes a lot of contested mid range shots as it is.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Maybe I'm wrong but I have the feeling that there isn't much we can do here, I have the cpu 3pt tendency slider at 100 and have to see them reach the 20 mark yet...

Seems like the cpu is programmed to play this way, maybe a patch can fix it.

I'm going to try the 3pt tendency at 100 and everything else at 0, if this doesn't work then it's not fixable and it will mean tendencies are broken

Last edited by Norris_Cole; 10-11-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Yea it might be a hard coding issue that the developers need to fix. I'm trying one last thing on top of focusing on protecting the paint more since thats where theyre killing me for 50-60 points a game. Under Popovich's coaching sliders, I realized his "Inside-Outside" slider was set to favor Inside players. I neutralized it by bringing it to 50. Gonna test now on 48 minute quarters I'll let you guys know whats up.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Yea it might be a hard coding issue that the developers need to fix. I'm trying one last thing on top of focusing on protecting the paint more since thats where theyre killing me for 50-60 points a game. Under Popovich's coaching sliders, I realized his "Inside-Outside" slider was set to favor Inside players. I neutralized it by bringing it to 50. Gonna test now on 48 minute quarters I'll let you guys know whats up.

Look forward to seeing the results.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:09 AM   #8
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Dude, I finally figured it out. It's definitely the Inside/Outside slider under the coach's profile. Popovich was set at 30 for some reason, when everyone knows the Spurs love 3-pointers. So I upped that slider to 50 to give them a nice even focus on offense. They attempted 13 of them on me in the first half and were more willing to shoot.

Also, in case you guys wanna know about my sliders: I have the CPU's tendencies set as this:
Take Inside Shots: 60
Take Close Shots: 30
Take MidRange Shots: 60
Take 3 Point Shots: 100

Aside from the 100 for 3 pointers, this is an accurate scale compared to where the average team attempts their shots. That close area is the least attempted shot. This also is helpful for people who hate seeing the CPU go up for a shot every single time they step into the paint, they kick it back out more often. I've seen it happen from dribble drive penetration and also from offensive rebounds that they send back out to reset.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »