Home

ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K16 All-Star Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K16 All-Star Sim Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 3
ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K16 All-Star Sim Sliders

Noooo way what happened to shady mike???????
Edit: just read it

Last edited by N1kola101; 10-06-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #42
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K16 All-Star Sim Sliders

TMF why did you change the Inside Shot Success to 0 for the CPU?
Old 10-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #43
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0

I put it to 0 because the CPU scored way too many points in the paint. This limits their high PIP, but the CPU still shoots at a good % under the rim.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 10-07-2015, 02:37 AM   #44
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I just had a good game with these sliders, I liked how organic the gameplay felt. For once, I didn't see much paint cheese, which is a refreshing change. I even held them (Suns) to a surprisingly low 24 points in the paint, which feels like a true accomplishment in this game given the amount of paint cheese I usually see from the CPU. Not this time, though.

The number of offensive rebounds was a bit high, but other than that, this set looks very promising!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #45
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Yeah, putting CPU inside shot to 0 eliminates most of the CPU paint cheese. I am still working on finding a good balance between offensive and defensive rebounding, but I think I am pretty close.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #46
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm pretty new to NBA 2K. Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.

I'm having tons of trouble with seeing the CPU make tons of its contested lay-ups, while I'm making almost none of them. Is this a timing thing? Do I need to wait longer before I release the R-stick? I most recently went 1-18 with Damian Lillard, with 7 of those being contested lay-ups. I tried to start my next game and rage-quit after seeing another 4 lay-ups rim out. It wouldn't be quite as aggravating if the CPU didn't seem to make every damn contested shot.

Do I just need to acclimate myself to what will likely be a "good" drive and a "bad" drive?

Many of the CPU's contested makes were against my CPU teammate(s). I came over to help a few times, but it didn't seem to matter much, and I often ended up leaving a guy wide open for an easy 3. Do I need to be playing more on-ball defense?

Does it make any difference when I let go of the shot stick during lay-ups animations? I can't really tell.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2015, 12:11 AM   #47
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Here are some 2K16 tips (This game is very different than previous 2Ks, you must play real basketball if you want to succeed, hero ball and isos don't work):
  • Run plays, might seem simple, but it works. Mix it up between different play lengths and play types. For example, I might start of the game like this: Fist 4 Up for Drummond, then Fist 21 Give for Jackson. Both quick P&R plays. Then on my 3rd possession, I will call a Hawk play for KCP, which begins with a quick P&R for the PG, then the shooter comes off a screen on the opposite side. Some plays have multiple attack points, eg. if I call a Hawk play for KCP, I can attack off of the screen if the defender gives me an open lane. Mix up your play type, length, and attack point and you will be successful.
  • Take what the defense gives you. If they sag off, take a jumper, or use a screen to get into the lane. Ball movement is key, if the scoring option is not there, move the ball to another option.
  • Defensively, set all of the defensive settings, at least for all players, so you know what your teammates are going to be doing. You can be successful playing on-ball or off-ball defense, just be sure to work with your teammates. Do not be afraid to help on a dribble drive, but also don't just run around leaving your assignment wide open in the corner
  • Using specific scoring moves can also help get some easy buckets. I love the hop layup, especially with more physical players like Reggie Jackson or Stanley Johnson. While driving to the basket, tap X (or square on PS4), then hold the shot stick after the hop to complete the layup. Also, holding the RS to the right will make the shooter use his right hand, and vice versa is you hold the RS to the left. Make sure you are not always using the scorer's off hand. The floater/runner can also be deadly, if utilized correctly. When driving, hold the RS away from the basket and the player will perform a runner, but only use with guards/forwards. Not a good move to use with big men.

Hope this helps with those struggling to defend or score, good luck!

Old 10-08-2015, 12:17 AM   #48
MVP

Gonna give these a shot. Hopefully they make the game more enjoyable than it is now. Pro Sim is too easy but All Star Sim feels broken as can be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »