Home

ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders

TMF, have you thought about doing different sliders for different games, like having a set for regular season games, then a different one for playoff games and finals games? I also want to try and do 1 for old-school games since those games were more physical.
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:
Old 10-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #50
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Michigan- Have you been able to reduce the CPU defender stickyness on dribbl drives? This game feels like bumper cars at the moment
I'm trying a bunch of different things, lowering driving contact shot frequency, body-up sensitivity, but haven't found the right mix yet. Getting closer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleve07103
TMF, have you thought about doing different sliders for different games, like having a set for regular season games, then a different one for playoff games and finals games? I also want to try and do 1 for old-school games since those games were more physical.
Interesting, never thought of that. I'm going to finish these ones first, then I'll definitely try to make a playoffs set, maybe even an AllStar Game set like Simworld has.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 10-06-2016, 12:18 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
I'm trying a bunch of different things, lowering driving contact shot frequency, body-up sensitivity, but haven't found the right mix yet. Getting closer though.

Interesting, never thought of that. I'm going to finish these ones first, then I'll definitely try to make a playoffs set, maybe even an AllStar Game set like Simworld has.
I think that would be awesome. Having different setting for different games to give them different feels. let me know what you come up with. I will work on some when I get off as well.
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #52
Pro

So I've been messing around with your set man (which i really like), and I've gotten the shooting percentages to about 37-45 percent and 46-50+ on hot shooting nights. It was the layups. Too many tough contact layups over 2 and 3 defenders were falling. In reality those are really tough shots that rarely go in and are often fouls.

I adjusted it to where you have to watch how you're driving into the paint and pay attention to how the help is coming. I finished the half using the thunder vs the clippers and percentages look good (45 and 42 percent). Russ had 15 on 6-14 shooting. Before the adjustments i made he would've been shooting 60-70 percent with him.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:09 PM   #53
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
So I've been messing around with your set man (which i really like), and I've gotten the shooting percentages to about 37-45 percent and 46-50+ on hot shooting nights. It was the layups. Too many tough contact layups over 2 and 3 defenders were falling. In reality those are really tough shots that rarely go in and are often fouls.

I adjusted it to where you have to watch how you're driving into the paint and pay attention to how the help is coming. I finished the half using the thunder vs the clippers and percentages look good (45 and 42 percent). Russ had 15 on 6-14 shooting. Before the adjustments i made he would've been shooting 60-70 percent with him.
Fantastic man! What slider adjustments did you make?

Old 10-07-2016, 05:33 AM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Fantastic man! What slider adjustments did you make?
User/CPU

Layup success: 40/35 (2K doesn't do a good job penalizing bad layups. Gathering off of the wrong foot and trying to finish with the wrong hand over the tall trees that are NBA. This is a tough tough thing to do)

Layup defense strength Takeoff: 70/70

Layup defense strength Release: 70/70

Help defense strength 100/100 (Since Help Defense is an important aspect of the NBA, i just went a head and maxed it out. This way guys seem to either rotate better or their presence is stronger. I can't tell with one lbs)

This layup that i see fall too often is the reason I stated that 2K doesn't have a good since of degree of difficulty on layups.

https://youtu.be/e-OcE92Hly0
Old 10-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #55
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

Are these good post patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #56
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
User/CPU

Layup success: 40/35 (2K doesn't do a good job penalizing bad layups. Gathering off of the wrong foot and trying to finish with the wrong hand over the tall trees that are NBA. This is a tough tough thing to do)

Layup defense strength Takeoff: 70/70

Layup defense strength Release: 70/70

Help defense strength 100/100 (Since Help Defense is an important aspect of the NBA, i just went a head and maxed it out. This way guys seem to either rotate better or their presence is stronger. I can't tell with one lbs)

This layup that i see fall too often is the reason I stated that 2K doesn't have a good since of degree of difficulty on layups.

https://youtu.be/e-OcE92Hly0
Hey fantastic work D! I was getting ready to post an update, but now I'm going to hold off for a bit to test these out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
Are these good post patch?
Testing post-patch set now. Should be finalized next day or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »