Home

LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders

This is a discussion on LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #57
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevardano
I thought Lefots said it will be fixed with patch..
Scroll back through this thread, I have Leftos exact quote. he never said it would be addressed with any specific patch. People hoped it would be in patch 5 and then people assumed it would be and then people started putting words in Leftos mouth he never said.

I don't know if it's been fixed, I'd have to run another round of testing to see. But I'm assuming it hasn't from the patch notes.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Scroll back through this thread, I have Leftos exact quote. he never said it would be addressed with any specific patch. People hoped it would be in patch 5 and then people assumed it would be and then people started putting words in Leftos mouth he never said.

I don't know if it's been fixed, I'd have to run another round of testing to see. But I'm assuming it hasn't from the patch notes.

Well he was talking about patch and this one is "biggest" so far and no word about other patches to come, so I supposed back then it's most likely fixes gonna be in this one.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to put anything in Leftos mouth, but if fixes is not in this patch, well, then we won't see any fixes anytime soon. I also hopes they would touch off season contracts logic, but it's all the same. Bogut will play for vet minimum.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #59
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

I only need to control 30 teams for the initial setup right? From there I can resume control of just my one team? Or do I have to keep control then set everything to auto for all the teams?

Can I make the A+ draft edit to embrace the pace draft class or does it need to be a default draft class?

Also, would you happen to have a list of POE's for all teams since 2k put the feature back in for simulation?
Old 11-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #60
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm tagging this for use when I start my new MyLeague soon.

Thanks for doing all this work!
Old 11-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #61
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

Question: if I load these training numbers into all the teams using 30 team control, can I then go back into MyLeague Automation and switch all of the teams I don't want to play as back to CPU Controlled? Or will the computer reset those settings back to defaul?

There's User Controlled (full automation), and there's CPU Controlled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #62
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
Question: if I load these training numbers into all the teams using 30 team control, can I then go back into MyLeague Automation and switch all of the teams I don't want to play as back to CPU Controlled? Or will the computer reset those settings back to defaul?

There's User Controlled (full automation), and there's CPU Controlled.
Yep it worked for me. I'm running the with Raps but I controlled all the teams in the beginning to set the training, then switched them all to auto, simulated a month, went back into a random team and they still had the same training. Safe to say it worked for me.

EDIT: When I say I switched them back to auto, I meant I went through each team and selected "NO" so the CPU is fully controlling the franchise.

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 11-09-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Okay, I've run an additional 12 tests on variations of Lorenzo's initial sliders and he's got it pretty much right. Increasing progression anywhere into the 60s skews the league horribly by year 7 in terms of scores and tendencies. The NBA regresses into a NCAA level of scoring, with a lot of 70-60/80-70 type of games and low PPG.

Anything with progression in the upper 50s leads to unreliable results -- good one sim, bad the next, but similar problems persist -- league scores are down, PPG are down, and the NBA regresses back to a defensive, low-scoring league -- definitely not the future from where I'm sitting.

Go with Lorenzo's sliders. They work short and long term from what I've tested (7 years deep). Any modification off the default settings of 50 for progression and regression could lead you to wild places.
I have simmed 4+ years quite a few times and I am still seeing PPG and FGA drop each season. After year 2 or 3 it seems that more than 1/4 of the league are averaging 85-90 ppg and around 75 FGA's per game.

I have progression and regression at default 50 and keep draft class at 50. There is definitely a pattern with the drop in FGA's. Shooting percentage is on point, I just can't seem to figure out why attempts are dropping so much. Granite these are all simmed seasons and I am not messing with FA signings or rotations for any of the teams.

I am using updated 2k roster and Ace's sliders with a few tweaks of my own. If anyone has found a solution to this issue I would love to hear it. I am strictly myleague and it kills me knowing that this will happen as a progress through multiple seasons.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #64
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2406
I have simmed 4+ years quite a few times and I am still seeing PPG and FGA drop each season. After year 2 or 3 it seems that more than 1/4 of the league are averaging 85-90 ppg and around 75 FGA's per game.

I have progression and regression at default 50 and keep draft class at 50. There is definitely a pattern with the drop in FGA's. Shooting percentage is on point, I just can't seem to figure out why attempts are dropping so much. Granite these are all simmed seasons and I am not messing with FA signings or rotations for any of the teams.

I am using updated 2k roster and Ace's sliders with a few tweaks of my own. If anyone has found a solution to this issue I would love to hear it. I am strictly myleague and it kills me knowing that this will happen as a progress through multiple seasons.
It's possible that the newest rosters have altered these findings; the most recent update included new tendencies for some players as I recall. The MyLeague file I ran these on were default, release weekend rosters that are now just about 2 months out of step from the latest official 2K rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »