Home

NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS

did they change the box out controller button this year, or take it out all together. I see very little boxing out when I try to manually box out. I think that has alot to do with it.

Last edited by tril; 10-07-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 8

two points:

1. Team rebounds are NOT a problem. You get a team rebound for the first of two free throws (or 2nd of 3) missing. You also get a team rebound if a ball goes out of bounds off a missed shot. These are not glitches or wrong, they are how the NBA calculates stats.

2. I've simmed years ahead in myleague in several variations. Sim rebounds for teams tend to be fine. As the years go on and the pace seems to go down (I think it's due to the low shot tendencies of many generated draft picks) and the shooting percentages seem to go up (also probably due to training being too strong and generated draft picks being rated too high) the stats for each team are a bit low. But we are talking 2 or 3 rebounds per game too low, not 10 or 12.

As far as individual rebounds, the league leaders are pretty good for the first 2 or 3 years with a couple guys around 12-13 and then the top 10 all being at about 10 or above. However by year six almost no one is getting more than 10.5ish and most of the top 10 is now in the 9-10 range.

So sim stat wise it isn't terrible by any means. In fact I'd argue the "rebounding problem" is more a generated draft class issue (and possibly training, jury is still out on that).

As far as played games, I haven't had too much issue with huge rebounding game, however bigs do dominate the boards far too much. Few rebounds go to the guards. Long rebounds are rare. Whoever your four and five are is going to snatch a large amount of the rebounds. Also haven't found offensive rebounds to be outrageous either. And this is all with default sliders.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #43
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

Been doing some more testing and I'm loving the results. Playing a playoff series with the Bulls vs the Warriors, I'm seeing pretty much perfect rebounding numbers. Only screenshotted two games but these are the results:

Seriously guys, try the tweaks out and see!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #44
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aezub
Another year and rebounds stats are broken. Very sad news. Can 2k fix this?
i used every player off and def rebound % and used it for my rating on my roster and it plays realistically where it will be times that a guard will lead the team in rebounding and centers will have a below 10 reb game
Old 10-22-2017, 03:09 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
two points:

1. Team rebounds are NOT a problem. You get a team rebound for the first of two free throws (or 2nd of 3) missing. You also get a team rebound if a ball goes out of bounds off a missed shot. These are not glitches or wrong, they are how the NBA calculates stats.
Yeah but when the NBA calculates league leaders for team rebounds, it only takes into account individual player rebounds. 2K doesn't do this, it adds up total rebounds, wich is why the team rebounding numbers are out of whack in MyLeague. 2K needs to fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 04:25 AM   #46
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
You guys are arguing two entirely different things: Rebounds in played games and sim stats in MyLeague (or myCareeer or MyGM) !

Simmed stats are kinda, sorta ok i would say and can certainly be influenced. But yes, in played games there is a significant bias towards Big Men and especially Centers due to two things mainly: Not enough long rebounds (despite many long shots) and not enough help committed by Bigs / too quick of a recovery. There also is no "box out/rebound tendency", IRL Bigs are boxing out more for others than they do in 2K and if they do, they still get to the ball because the lack of long rebounds and their reaction time.

It has been the same last year and it can't really be influenced by sliders since it's issues lie with the rebounding mechanics.

I agree totally with what you said, rebounding slider adjustments cant really fix the issue, its a mechanical issue, that the devs have to fix. Ive been messing around, with sliders trying to fix this, and havent found a good solution really.
If you lower rebound sliders, all that does is lower rebounding for all players, so that dont fix the issue of C and PF still pulling down a ton of rebounds every game you play.
1 thing I have found that, may help some, is lowering hands sliders. Typically your bigs have the worst hands, so lowering it I think helps some. It also helps to get turnovers up, since they are too low, especially non steal turnovers.
I need more time to test, but seems lowering hands, might actually be causing more blocked shots for some reason, in past yrs, this never seem to be the case in the past, when lowering hands slider, as I always had to raise blocks slider in past yrs, when lowering hands, so might actually need to lower shot block slider when lowering hands, but I need to test more 1st before knowing for sure.

I do think editing player rebounding skills, probably would help atleast some, but not sure it would fix it, as I do believe its a flaw the devs need to fix, but I could be wrong. I do know some guys have better rebounding grades than they should. For instance I always use the Pacers, and Im always grabbing a lot of rebounds each game with Miles Turner, and he isnt a very good rebounder IRL for his size, just yet anyway, but NBA2k rating is too high.
Whoever does the ratings for NBA2k, does a crappy job, whether it be inflating overalls, or inflating certain attributes, they are just very poor. So while im not sure if rebounding could be fixed with editing, I do think you could probably improve it quite a bit with a rerate of rebounding for all players. It seems every game I have played with the Pacers Im constantly grabbing 14+ rebounds per game with Miles Turner.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #47
Just started!

OVR: 0

This is not how the nba records rebounds...yes a missed shot that goes out of bounds or a missed free throw on the 1st ( or 2nd if 3 free throws) are considered team rebounds...they are not recorded in the team stats unless the rebound is secured by a player...go to any team stats on CBS sports or ESPN and the team rebound totals will equal whatever rebound the players have added up...this is why we get team rebound totals that are usually too high in 2k because they're counting rebounds that aren't secured by players in the team stats....that isn't how the stats are recorded
Old 12-10-2017, 12:49 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

So is there still no fix for this? If I could get the rebound stats where non-bigs contributed in played games, I think I'd be set, haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »