Home

2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For

This is a discussion on 2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb731
I'm playing on next gen as well. The fouls aren't consistent. The first game I played with the sliders, it went well... Even had two players foul out.. but after that, the fouls just dropped off.

And I agree.. in the past I would set it to physical defense, and it would increase the fouls, but the way they have the options setup this year is weird.
Right now I have all of my foul sliders maxed out besides the shooting foul for the cpu (the slider that determines how often the human shoots FT), which I have at like 80 or 85.

I feel like I'm getting closer, but not sure how to raise the shooting fouls. Here's the boxscore from my last game:

Field Goal Attempts were a little low, so I wonder if we had a few more FGA, would there have been another couple of fouls?

Going to try bumping up the 3PT tendency another point or two, while decreasing the inside shot by maybe 5. Also going to try lowering ball control slightly.

This game felt good though, and I did see a foul on a jump shot. My defender was on Jaylen Brown's hip as he was driving, then he pulled up from the FT line and my guy caught him on the arm. So that was cool.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:07 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Just wanted to share this thread I created today...I kind of wanted to put it in sliders since it's related but it's player tendencies and that also has a lot to do with sliders. This is some of my insight on tendencies I fix up and I'll also be looking for a legitimate slider set to accompany all of this...

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...1-new-gen.html
Old 12-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #11
Rookie

Couple new boxscores in testing...

Spurs (human) vs Clippers (CPU)

and.. Cavs (CPU) vs Knicks (human)

Still mainly focused on tweaking the PIP numbers, increasing three-point attempts (which both may be fixed by increasing the 3pt shot tendency), and increasing fouls.

Overall these are getting closer I think. The second game was super ugly, but so are those two teams, so..

I posted my setup and the sliders I use on the first post if anyone is interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

Looks like you just started on this site but clearly have some experience with all of this stuff..are you on Xbox and also what roster do you use?

We might be able to work on something together...
Old 12-16-2020, 08:48 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Looks like you just started on this site but clearly have some experience with all of this stuff..are you on Xbox and also what roster do you use?

We might be able to work on something together...
Thanks. I've been playing this game for awhile but usually find a set of sliders I like (normally Shady's, but he's not on next-gen this year), so I had to start creating my own this year.

I use the official 2k roster. Planning to start a mynba with a few updated signature shots for players on my team though, and mass-edited ratings for fouls (going to try putting everyone at 100 for realistic amount of fouls) and to lower the G-League players potential back down to realistic numbers.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #14
Rookie

Has anybody figured out how to get realistic fast break numbers for the CPU? I consistently see 3 or 5 fast break points and I went into the coach profiles and changed everyone to run in transition. They seem to want to run but end up never passing to open shooter or they all wait for PG to get the ball. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:10 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
Has anybody figured out how to get realistic fast break numbers for the CPU? I consistently see 3 or 5 fast break points and I went into the coach profiles and changed everyone to run in transition. They seem to want to run but end up never passing to open shooter or they all wait for PG to get the ball. Thanks.
Some things that help are maxing out play passing lanes, go for on-ball steals, and hands (this creates deflections).

I posted sliders towards the bottom of the first post that I am currently using (still a work in progress). But you can try those out and see if you see any difference. Give it a full two or three games though before you judge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2020, 05:41 PM   #16
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj

On top of tweaking sliders to get more turnovers, you can also increase various tendencies to make sure the AI is more willing to attack the basket or put up a quick shot in transition.

But you also just have to deal with the game not accurately tallying fast break points. I’ve had quarters with multiple great fast break plays for both me and the CPU, and then had the stats show 0 fast break points. I’m not sure what is causing this issue, but it seems like the game either has very specific parameters for what it counts as a “fast break” or it just randomly ignores the stat sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »