Home

gu8lal8's COMPETITIVE sliders

This is a discussion on gu8lal8's COMPETITIVE sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2022, 10:12 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: gu8lal8's COMPETITIVE sliders

Help please....im using real %....So, am I interpreting the settings correctly? For example- Inside shot success would be 54 for CPU and 44 for User........ interpreting it would be 50 for user if on Shot Timing, but I have to subtract 6 since I'm using real %

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2022, 10:43 PM   #10
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
Help please....im using real %....So, am I interpreting the settings correctly? For example- Inside shot success would be 54 for CPU and 44 for User........ interpreting it would be 50 for user if on Shot Timing, but I have to subtract 6 since I'm using real %

Yes, that's what I interpreted it as.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:51 AM   #11
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Please help. I wanna try these but I'm having difficulty deciphering the settings.....I use real % and superstar

Quote:

CPU Shot Timing Impact 0 = CPU Real Player %
If you're on Superstar CPU @ USER: (Updated Jan. 25 2022)
- Mid-Range Shot Success - 50** @ 50** (using Shots only)
- Mid-Range Shot Success - 50** @ 46** (using Real Player %)

I've modified the 1st post, it should be clearer now.
If you're using Real Player % -> USER sliders with ** -4

If CPU FG% is too high/low -> CPU sliders with ** -2/+2
If USER FG% is too high/low -> USER sliders with ** -2/+2

Last edited by gu8lal8; 01-25-2022 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2022, 04:14 AM   #12
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I like the idea of not tweaking too many sliders. I think when you do, then you get into one thing having an effect on many things and you wind up chasing your tail trying to get a good game.

Played only one game but it was competitive up until the last couple minutes when I managed to pull away. Which IMO feels ok.

FG% was too high for both teams, so I'll drop both 2 points and see how that goes. But again, it was competitive and that's what we want, right?

One thing I'd watch however, is 100 setting on the moving screens fouls. Those get called too much at 100, I think a default of 50 would be ok there.

You described what I'm going for perfectly.

If FG% is too high for both teams -> CPU&USER offense sliders with ** -2.

We play with these vs CPU (Superstar) and vs USER (All-Star) offline.
We have moving screen fouls at 100 to create more turnovers and to limit the manual P&R abuse.
They get called too much for off-ball screens but we're willing to make that compromise.
For on-ball screen it's perfect at 100, it limits the abuse of the manual P&R (and on-ball screens) a little bit, the ball handler needs to wait for the screener to get set.

Last edited by gu8lal8; 01-25-2022 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:36 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu8lal8
CPU Shot Timing Impact 0 = CPU Real Player %
If you're on Superstar CPU @ USER:
- Mid-Range Shot Success - 48** @ 50** (using Shots only)
- Mid-Range Shot Success - 48** @ 44** (using Real Player %)

I've modified the 1st post, it should be clearer now.
If you're using Real Player % -> USER sliders with ** -6

If CPU FG% is too high/low -> CPU sliders with ** -2/+2
If USER FG% is too high/low -> USER sliders with ** -2/+2
Thank You for the clarification! I'll give these a shot ....game speed I assume is 50 since it is t listed.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:45 AM   #14
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

Quote:
Thank You for the clarification! I'll give these a shot ....game speed I assume is 50 since it is t listed.

We use these sliders offline vs CPU and vs another USER, so we keep game speed at 50. If you're only playing vs CPU, you can bump up game speed.
For us with CPU Shot Timing Impact slider at 0 (=CPU Real Player %) vs CPU, game speed at 50 is perfect.

When playing vs CPU this is the best thing to do: (Updated Jan. 25 2022)

Start on default sliders (whatever your level is on offense).
Max out all the foul frequency sliders for CPU & USER (100).
Change the CPU Shot Timing Impact slider to 0 (=CPU Real Player %).
Decrease the following CPU offense sliders by 4:
CPU Inside Shot Success -4
CPU Close Shot Success -4
CPU Mid-Range Shot Success -4
CPU 3PT Success -4
CPU Layup Success -4
CPU Alley-Oop Success -4
CPU Contact Shot Success -4

Now you have a completely different game, Real Player % for the CPU.
If USER FG% is too high/low then level up/level down and make the changes above again (rinse and repeat)
If CPU FG% is too high/low then change CPU offense sliders above -2/+2

Last edited by gu8lal8; 01-25-2022 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:09 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
We use these sliders offline vs CPU and vs another USER, so we keep game speed at 50. If you're only playing vs CPU, you can bump up game speed.
For us with CPU Shot Timing Impact slider at 0 (=CPU Real Player %) vs CPU, game speed at 50 is perfect.

When playing vs CPU this is the best thing to do: (Updated Jan. 25 2022)

Start on default sliders (whatever your level is on offense).
Max out all the foul frequency sliders for CPU & USER (100).
Change the CPU Shot Timing Impact slider to 0 (=CPU Real Player %).
Decrease the following CPU offense sliders by 4:
CPU Inside Shot Success -4
CPU Close Shot Success -4
CPU Mid-Range Shot Success -4
CPU 3PT Success -4
CPU Layup Success -4
CPU Alley-Oop Success -4
CPU Contact Shot Success -4

Now you have a completely different game, Real Player % for the CPU.
If USER FG% is too high/low then level up/level down and make the changes above again (rinse and repeat)
If CPU FG% is too high/low then change CPU offense sliders above -2/+2
Perfect. I appreciate the explanation. The only questions I have are....1- Are there enough turnovers? I know it won't ever reach real #s but turnovers are important to limit the amount of crazy passes and also helps with keeping shot totals on par with real life 2- are there enough variation is shot types with tendencies at 50?.......I see some set with 3pt tendency at 90 but that creates too many threes. I have had mid range at 75 and 3 or at 70 with others at 50 and that produced decent results. Just curious on the shot distribution

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2022, 04:50 AM   #16
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

Quote:
Perfect. I appreciate the explanation. The only questions I have are....1- Are there enough turnovers? I know it won't ever reach real #s but turnovers are important to limit the amount of crazy passes and also helps with keeping shot totals on par with real life 2- are there enough variation is shot types with tendencies at 50?.......I see some set with 3pt tendency at 90 but that creates too many threes. I have had mid range at 75 and 3 or at 70 with others at 50 and that produced decent results. Just curious on the shot distribution

Let me explain first how we use these sliders before answering your questions:

Added this to first post.
Quote:
We (user1: Nets, user2: Lakers) use these sliders in offline season mode (control all teams) with Official 2K Play Now rosters.
I try to keep them up to date w/ Import Player DNA (except real life injuries), especially the top teams.

Primarily we play full games as each others opponent USER vs USER (my All-Star slider set), with our own team we play with Shots only (because we know the shot releases), with the opponent teams we play with Real Player % (Shot Timing N/A). In blowout games we Simcast the rest of the game or keep on playing vs CPU to test some things (defensive settings, bench players, playbooks). When playing vs CPU (my Superstar slider set) we play with Shots only. Sometimes we simulate entire games (vs bad teams), sometimes we use Simcast to simulate the 1st half and play 2nd half USER vs USER or CPU vs USER, this creates extra challenge because you have to deal with foul trouble or maybe you're behind by 10. In the playoffs 'opponent teams' are only allowed to play with Real Player % in home games, this way home court advantage really makes a difference.

The main goal of these sliders is to have competitive games vs CPU and USER. It's been our experience playing sports games (all NBA 2K, PES, FIFA series) for over 20 years, you have to level up to have a competitive experience against the CPU.
Secondary goal is when playing vs CPU, have those teams play like USER controlled teams (not like their real life counterpart per se). A USER will look for the drive to the basket, then look for the post mismatch and lastly will try the P&R.

1 - in general there are not enough turnovers especially when playing vs CPU but we don't focus on the stats to much (assuming they're not lopsided); we have the same problem with FT attempts and OFF rebounds, if they're not lopsided we're ok with it, keeping in mind some are good OFF rebounding teams and some don't have that many FT attempts
2 - if you want the CPU to play as a user controlled team you keep all tendencies at 50, if you want them to play as their real life counterpart you can fiddle with tendencies, but you'll also need to look at individual player tendencies and simulation sliders to keep simulated stats in tune, trust me it's a never ending process, you'll always find something that needs tweaking, you sure you wanna go down that rabbit hole?

Tips:
* If you want more TO you can level down for CPU on: (+ use full/half court press/trap and double teams)
Ball Handling – 40/45/50/50/50 @ 50/50/50/50/50
Hands – 30/40/50/50/50 @ 50/50/50/50/50
(CPU Rookie/Pro/All-Star/Superstar/HoF @ USER Rookie/Pro/All-Star/Superstar/HoF)

* Same with OFF rebounding: (Defensive Settings In Game (USER): Crash the Glass (=MUST))
Offensive Rebounding - 30/40/50/50/50 @ 50/50/50/50/50
(CPU Rookie/Pro/All-Star/Superstar/HoF @ USER Rookie/Pro/All-Star/Superstar/HoF)

* Lack of CPU FT attempts: (Defensive Settings In Game (USER): Play Physical (=MUST))

I really don't have a solution for the lack off CPU FT attempts other than to 'Play Physical' and intentionally foul (or steal button) some low post mismatches, like when you're guarding CPU Gobert or Steven Adams (bad FT shooters) in the low post with a guard, intentionally foul (or steal button) on the perimiter when you're scrambled on defense to not give up the drive or use take fouls in transition defense assuming you're not in the penalty, intentionally foul on the drive to not give up the dunk or open layup. Sometimes you're better off intentionally fouling especially when the other team is not in the bonus. We have gotten so used to doing this because you have to do this when playing vs another USER offline or you will get smoked.

But like I said it's a neverending process, there will always be something to tweak.

Last edited by gu8lal8; 01-26-2022 at 07:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »