Home

NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 04:29 PM   #25
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
This sounds fascinating if done correctly. When is the official blog that may reveal this information?
My guess is tomorrow. Pretty sure the blogs for gameplay and Jordan Challenge both dropped on a Thursday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 05:19 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

If this a fake leak I’m going to be pissed!!! I don’t care about 100 John Smith’s though preferably they changed names at least for the generics.
Old 08-17-2022, 05:41 PM   #27
Rookie

I hope this is true … I want this. How accurate is this source?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2022, 06:42 PM   #28
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
This is exactly what im talking about
They keep putting new engine in but still not fixing flat tires like
Player DNA Bug

Dont get me wrong its a dope feature but i wish the the 2k MYNBA devs was more transparent and stop dropping the mic on us after every blog and fix the core issues in MYNBA first then you can drop the 🎤
That's my biggest issue year after year. They announce new stuff for MyNBA without fixing issues that have long plagued the mode. I'm cool with new stuff, but I'd rather old issues get ironed out first.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:51 PM   #29
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyPrime
That's my biggest issue year after year. They announce new stuff for MyNBA without fixing issues that have long plagued the mode. I'm cool with new stuff, but I'd rather old issues get ironed out first.

Not only that the new stuff they put in half of it they dont explain it and leaves us guessing 🤔🤔🤔

Like the new load management system and how to train uour players ect..
Old 08-17-2022, 08:18 PM   #30
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

I really want the option to sandbox everything together when it comes to era filters, rules, etc. and this sounds pretty close to it. At the very least it should be an amazing base for classic roster work, hope the actual 2K blog is more detailed.

Sim stat accuracy is so important here too. Don't want to see Magic averaging 35 PPG or Bird grabbing 18 RPG. The 360/PS3 era stats were so much better with getting things almost identical to real life.

Last edited by MavsManiac4Life; 08-17-2022 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #31
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
The Eras thing, if true, is a cool addition, but we've seen the community do a solid job of implementing this themselves, and on an even higher degree within the PC community. Having content creators doing simulation projects on YouTube and Twitch, for years, it kind of makes this addition minute.

I'm hopeful that this isn't the primary addition to MyNBA/MyGM, there's a ton of things that need to be improved and streamlined that I view as higher priority than the expansion of 2K Scenarios.

In what world would this addition be “minute” in any facet? This would allow us to relive past eras in MyNBA, with era-specific rosters and draft classes from Day 1 instead of us having to wait 6+ months (if ever) for a custom roster and custom draft classes to be made by someone here on OS. And those YouTube simulation videos are nowhere near comparable to actually being able to play out these eras for yourself and make whatever dream scenario you might want at the drop of a hat.

This would be a monumental addition to MyNBA and scoffing at it like you did is beyond ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 09:28 PM   #32
Pro

Sim stats will need extra care if this is true as someone said above. This had been a weak point since the jump to next gen
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »