Home

Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

This is a discussion on Play Now Online: NBA 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 03-18-2023, 09:33 AM   #617
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
It's crazy how guys who match up vs me using a tier 1 squad have 0 respect. I'm getting flex paused after crazy dunks, and messaged saying I'm trash.

This dude is 3-2 zone the entire game, off ball steal the passing lanes, and my passing animations are so clunky and lead to unwarranted steals. Of course, your SF whose X on Xbox never freaking shoots upon button input, costs me at least 1 open 3 every single game.

Despite that however, I still made this guy sweat.

Idk but me personally, I'd feel embarrassed to trash talk being taken to the limit by a random tier 2 squad that gets absolutely bullied defensively & on the glass, a team thay literally NOBODY uses.

Speaks to the massive imbalance that badges give. Tristan Thompson & K-Love were not Hakeem & Rodman out there cleaning up the glass every night irl. Good rebounder, yes. Legendary rebounders to out rebound me 21-2 offensively? Hell no.
Do you go for your own rebounds? If not, a user who does will out rebound the AI because the game rewards user input over AI handling. This also goes for contesting shots.

If that's not the case, he must have had crashing boards going. Did you change your defense to counter the offensive boards?

Basically, you should have never been out rebounded like that, and I don't believe that badges had anything to do with it. There's something he did or something you weren't doing. I run with Cleveland myself. Never experienced that disparity.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2023, 09:40 AM   #618
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Any idea why I keep getting this message and then receiving a loss? Only happens on one of my accounts. The other account plays just fine..

Log into the messed up profile, Go to manage your game through your hard drive. There should be saved data that says "reserved space". Delete that data. When you load the game, it should update at the title screen and that problem eliminated.

Old 03-18-2023, 09:46 PM   #619
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I hate mirror matches. They will never make sense in my mind. I'll take the lose each time
I'm not a fan of mirror matches, at least in the fact that the game forces them on you, but I do love to play them for two reasons:

1.) There's no advantage between the players. It's as even as it gets.

2.) It's interesting to see how others use the team you play with. Sometimes you'll learn new strategies that you'd never think, and you know you can apply them because they're using the same team as you.

Old 05-09-2023, 07:29 PM   #620
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Been rocking with the 98 Knicks and Spurs. Man it's so fun to watch my opponents trying to figure out the Twin Towers. I really don't know how I get away with having Avery Johnson on the floor.

I've enjoyed playing with Sprewell and Houston. But obviously I'm a post up guy. So watching Ewing killing dudes in the post lol. Camby and Chris Dudley are amazing off the bench.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:58 AM   #621
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Been rocking with the 98 Knicks and Spurs. Man it's so fun to watch my opponents trying to figure out the Twin Towers. I really don't know how I get away with having Avery Johnson on the floor.

I've enjoyed playing with Sprewell and Houston. But obviously I'm a post up guy. So watching Ewing killing dudes in the post lol. Camby and Chris Dudley are amazing off the bench.
Avery is so quick that he can drive & kick very easily & actually decent at defending, he's very good if you aren't shooting with him. Elliott & Vinny have easy releases so they're auto greens.

Duncan & Robinson are just straight up cheese on the glass lol. Add in all the post defensive badges they have, & you literally have no choice but to shoot over the Spurs.

In fact, outside shooting is literally the only way you can beat the 98 Spurs, 97 Heat, & 71 Bucks. If you're using a current team or a classic team without being properly equipped to handle the bigs on those teams, prepare to get outrebounded by 20 every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2023, 03:57 PM   #622
Rookie

unc2115's Arena

OVR: 1

Hopped on today for the first time in a while with the Lakers

Assumed a lot of others would be doing the same

Couldn't get any matchups but vs Lakers so just played the mirror

Guy trots out a Walker/Hachi/Bron/Bamba/AD lineup lol
Old 06-11-2023, 01:36 AM   #623
MVP

Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Quote:
Any idea why I keep getting this message and then receiving a loss? Only happens on one of my accounts. The other account plays just fine..

I’m back to getting this any time I go into offense/defense settings. I am 57-23 with literally 21 losses coming from this.

No idea how to get it fixed.

Interesting update: I literally only get this when I go into settings. I started calling timeout and just doing settings changes there and haven’t had this since (tedious and is frustrating not being able to toggle between freelances, but is what it is). Almost everyone that I play that enters coach settings gets kicked also.

Massive issue that has apparently been around for years.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 06-11-2023 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:33 PM   #624
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I’m back to getting this any time I go into offense/defense settings. I am 57-23 with literally 21 losses coming from this.

No idea how to get it fixed.

Interesting update: I literally only get this when I go into settings. I started calling timeout and just doing settings changes there and haven’t had this since (tedious and is frustrating not being able to toggle between freelances, but is what it is). Almost everyone that I play that enters coach settings gets kicked also.

Massive issue that has apparently been around for years.
It's has to do with the rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »