Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2022, 10:06 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC)

I can day without a doubt the LESS Badges the better on PS4. I setup a League with Player with 10 Badges or less and it seems like Pure Basketball. Pass, Cut, Taking Open Shots.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 09-12-2022, 03:02 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Ataman, you videos are nice. My issue with the Bucks gameplay was that if I didn't know who Giannis is I would think he's a role player, not the team's star. He hardly tried to get to the basket or create shots for himself. Don't know if it's a roster issue or team playbook issue.
Hey man thank you very much for your words, appreciate a lot that you like them.

I understand pretty clearly what you mean but in my opinion you can see i have Timberwolves with Gobert and Towns, so basically old school twin towers and in the second half Middleton has really got going for Bucks and Giannis had drive and kick game etc. with all that play creation around him he kinda used so there could be a lot of variation of this and why it turned for this game to be.

Another point of view i come with this is i played versus Mavericks with Rockets(me) and Doncic was all over the place coming at me attacking and had like i don't know 75% of the Mavs scoring in just for the first half. So heating up stuff like that and the way the cpu attacks with different teams and players and also with me as different teams are varied. I know the old habit makes us say this over a game but as an overall experience eventhough i don't have enough instances to come to conclusion, this is what i see for now. But i understand what you mean clearly..

Last edited by ataman5; 09-12-2022 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:32 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 10

I'll prol post some vids at some point. Haha, the only game I played online was mostly bots and I was on a 7'3 guy. He was a 60, but he could just turn and shoot. I remember people talking about in year 1 on PS5 that Rec had like 6'3 dudes at C, well that happened. I had like 35-12 or something. GREENS.

Did say I disliked the way the cpu moved, but in my career, it works. The players move especially well when you get the ball around the high post (where I like it!) The D, even on HoF doesn't seem super ball hawky, which I dunno if I like or not. Like you can thread it again when last year they cut that out. Same with the computer stopping itself on drives, you can outlet and let the cpu finish. HoF MyCareer is IMO playable (not, as in can you get a W, but as in is it enjoyable, fair, etc) ; I am not gonna spend a dub til I get a build I really like, but I honestly think HoF would be playable as a shooter/scorer, too.

I def got some time w/ it last nite. Cutscenes are still meh. GOAT BOAT. Meh. Bots from load in screen in rec??? But the game play is legit even on CG/LG. IMO! And I dunno how to use my burst bars or w/e. YET.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 09-12-2022 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-12-2022, 11:22 AM   #60
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Picked it up to play on steam deck. Obviously it's better on ps5 and I miss the ERAs big time but I think I'll use this version for my raptors franchise.

The game is a lot better than 22 even on PC. Definitely having fun with it.

The one thing that drives me nuts about the difference between ps5 and PC is that on PC you can't turn off all the video game overlay crap. I love the clean screen on PS5. It doesn't seem like something old gen couldn't do.

How does it play on the Steam Deck? If it played well on the SD it would be the only reason I would give 2K any money for this pc version.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #61
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFan84
How does it play on the Steam Deck? If it played well on the SD it would be the only reason I would give 2K any money for this pc version.
Smooth as silk on medium settings. I was worried about medium settings but on such a small screen I'll be honest I couldn't tell a difference between high and medium.

The game on medium looks amazing. I put it in the context of playing many years on the switch. I thought it was pretty great on the switch but steam deck blows it out of the water.

I was really on the fence if I wanted to buy it but I'm super glad I did. I'm playing it more than any other steam deck game right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 01:10 PM   #62
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

Quote:
Smooth as silk on medium settings. I was worried about medium settings but on such a small screen I'll be honest I couldn't tell a difference between high and medium.

The game on medium looks amazing. I put it in the context of playing many years on the switch. I thought it was pretty great on the switch but steam deck blows it out of the water.

I was really on the fence if I wanted to buy it but I'm super glad I did. I'm playing it more than any other steam deck game right now.

Thanks for the info. I really shouldn't buy this but I am having a good time with Madden 23 on my Steam Deck so it's very tempting to pick NBA up. It is a pretty large install size on the SD is it not? That space is precious, even with the 512GB ssd.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:20 PM   #63
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFan84
Thanks for the info. I really shouldn't buy this but I am having a good time with Madden 23 on my Steam Deck so it's very tempting to pick NBA up. It is a pretty large install size on the SD is it not? That space is precious, even with the 512GB ssd.
Ya its 125gb ish. I went out and bought another 512 gb sd card to double my storage. I have 3 free games coming from doing an EA playtest and I needed the room lol.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:28 PM   #64
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

Quote:
Ya its 125gb ish. I went out and bought another 512 gb sd card to double my storage. I have 3 free games coming from doing an EA playtest and I needed the room lol.

Yeah that is a chunky boy. I have a 1tb sd card but it's filled with emulators and roms, I just use the internal storage for my proper pc games. I guess I have a decision to make now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »