Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2022, 06:39 PM   #65
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC)

My initial hours were not positive, but I am starting to feel better about it. I think the adjustments to dribbling and movement as well as paint defense are step forwards and more than I was expecting honestly.

In 2K22, I could regularly blow out the AI on HOF by just bullrushing my way to the paint with the most athletic player on the floor with any team and now I'm not able to do that with ease unless going against poor defenders.

This is still 2K ball though and the portion of shots taken from 3 is usually on the low side for both myself and the AI. Defenders by default play close up on all players, even poor/mediocre shooters, and assumes the opponent can nail their open shots -- all of which never made much sense to me and the result is typically not a realistic number of 3s in a game.

But all in all, I'll probably have fun with this through the upcoming season.

Hopefully next year the PC version makes the switch over to current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2022, 03:47 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 9

Some more current gen gameplay videos for guys who like to get an opinion and or see other elelements and fundamentals of the game as well.

Blazers (me) vs Grizzlies Part1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL4NsWh2BeY

Part 2 is also on the way on my yt, things get spicier in part 2 especially..

And also some highlights will be available starting with this Lillard shot i made from out of long part of the game i couldn't capture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyAe02nL8WA

Hopefully you enjoy them.

Last edited by ataman5; 09-13-2022 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2022, 07:22 AM   #67
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I keep forgetting playing in the 80s that I don’t have to guard the three point line cause they won’t shoot it anyway lol.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:53 PM   #68
MVP

I got the part 2 of my Blazers vs Grizzlies game, thing get really clicking for a good end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eYbvpY1xtw

This game until now is the most i had fun with, i must say.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:14 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 10

I wonder if CG game play is still better than NG. OMG I'm going insane over this game. I am surprised at how much they jumped. I don't know if the whole 'revolutionary contest/foul' system was introduced to NG last year or before, but WOW.

I feel like I was on the dev team. I don't recall many, if any, moments where I was like WAT. I mean, the cpu can make some ?!?!?! shots, but they don't seem that bad. They are tough, but it's what I want from HoF. Kinda like what you'd get from a good player. Cuz you already know I'm gonna be contesting hard.

Check that, just MC stuff. I was where I was because of recovery rate, and even tho my dude's low agility doesn't allow much room for error, I was ready to go out and guard the shooter. However, I got back and was in good position, did a contest that would absolutely mash the cpu last year, and it came up with an outcome I felt was fair. It even looked good! It feels a lot more 'bangy' inside now that you can draw fouls better.

-Smak
Old 09-14-2022, 09:51 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
I wonder if CG game play is still better than NG. OMG I'm going insane over this game. I am surprised at how much they jumped. I don't know if the whole 'revolutionary contest/foul' system was introduced to NG last year or before, but WOW.

I feel like I was on the dev team. I don't recall many, if any, moments where I was like WAT. I mean, the cpu can make some ?!?!?! shots, but they don't seem that bad. They are tough, but it's what I want from HoF. Kinda like what you'd get from a good player. Cuz you already know I'm gonna be contesting hard.

Check that, just MC stuff. I was where I was because of recovery rate, and even tho my dude's low agility doesn't allow much room for error, I was ready to go out and guard the shooter. However, I got back and was in good position, did a contest that would absolutely mash the cpu last year, and it came up with an outcome I felt was fair. It even looked good! It feels a lot more 'bangy' inside now that you can draw fouls better.

-Smak
Yeap post/after reactions and animations blending are good, too. Pre/post in between every other animation does blend better most times.

Btw i just played another game Nuggets me vs Heat and Heat went on to zone for the last 4 possesions and they changed to after a timeout they got and when the game was 3-5 points difference and i was like woww are they really on zone for a while to figure what to do. I will also upload that game on my yt and you'll see yourself.

I had a lot of times i feel like i'm playing vs a human.

Last edited by ataman5; 09-14-2022 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:49 PM   #71
MVP

To be completely honest, i was never really enjoying a full match experience vs cpu offline games other than me practicing my 2ku within in game situations with the last 4-5 2k since 18; but now i can't wait to play a game a day vs cpu and nothing else, and every other game is a must captured and share on yt for me as they all play beatiful and varied. And i don't really care about the difficulty,too. Cpu plays basketball that's all i want.

And i also don't want to overplay not to get this feeling washed so i'm in different moods now, i still haven't really touched on MJ Challenge, i want to get the game natural to me then i will hop on to those modes to get different experiences.

Wnba is a whole different experience that i've really enjoyed and cpu made me look bad in wnba as well.

Last edited by ataman5; 09-14-2022 at 12:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2022, 11:25 PM   #72
Rookie

m29a's Arena

After more hours with the game, I'm still seeing the AI play close to weak/mediocre shooters on the perimeter. It results in a lack of help when there is clear opportunity to provide some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »