Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2022, 07:11 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Whatever you see on next gen, it’s on current gen gameplay wise. So yea there are more fouls, great foul animations and animation blending. The help defense is on point. You can also watch my videos to decide yourself.

my yt: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzI...D_R56ce-CQbu9Q

I also plan getting live thru weekend..
Please please tell me that CPU fouls you as well in 3 point and mid range attempt? this is non existence in 22 even with all the sliders up to 100

follow up question:
- Do CPU challenge calls? and the jump ball is fix for coach challenge?
- CPU calling timeout consistently?
- CPU not wasting the time during crunch time when the game is close at the end?
- CPU help defense in paint working? when you drive the perimeter?
- does your player do unnecessary shot just you get block by CPU even when you are open especially under the rim?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-10-2022, 08:55 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
Please please tell me that CPU fouls you as well in 3 point and mid range attempt? this is non existence in 22 even with all the sliders up to 100

follow up question:
- Do CPU challenge calls? and the jump ball is fix for coach challenge?
- CPU calling timeout consistently?
- CPU not wasting the time during crunch time when the game is close at the end?
- CPU help defense in paint working? when you drive the perimeter?
- does your player do unnecessary shot just you get block by CPU even when you are open especially under the rim?

Thanks in advance
I didn't have much, maybe there are in some of my videos you can see.. Maybe celtics vs pistons game, don't quite remember tbh.

- I can't really answer challenge the call part as i couldn't play that much actually, i spent more times outside and on os, lol
- they did i believe
- I can't really say again but they are actually aggressive in a good way maybe the part2 video of mine warriors celtics would make you see that.
- cpu help defense is there and solid
- Is that last one a myplayer question?

I couldn't really answer your questions but i tried
Old 09-10-2022, 09:03 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Whatever you see on next gen, it’s on current gen gameplay wise. So yea there are more fouls, great foul animations and animation blending. The help defense is on point. You can also watch my videos to decide yourself.

my yt: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzI...D_R56ce-CQbu9Q

I also plan getting live thru weekend..
Quote:
I didn't have much, maybe there are in some of my videos you can see.. Maybe celtics vs pistons game, don't quite remember tbh.

- I can't really answer challenge the call part as i couldn't play that much actually, i spent more times outside and on os, lol
- they did i believe
- I can't really say again but they are actually aggressive in a good way maybe the part2 video of mine warriors celtics would make you see that.
- cpu help defense is there and solid
- Is that last one a myplayer question?

I couldn't really answer your questions but i tried
Thanks for the answer

I actually check all your videos and didnt notice a single time that CPU fouled you in 3 point and mid range attempt.

i like the defense that is good and all the new nuances.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 09:23 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Thanks for the answer

I actually check all your videos and didnt notice a single time that CPU fouled you in 3 point and mid range attempt.

Thanks.
My shooting is bad atm and i don't take much of them as varied as i want to i believe but either way i can't say they are doing much on 3pt and middies, but i've seen i've been called for 3pt and mid shooting fouls for sure.

Thank you for your time and watching them, aprreaciate it.

If that last question was about my player, they are a bit how can i say not really knowing what to do on the court(null like) but i'm not much of a myplayer guy. I only played one test builder game.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Thanks for the impressions Goma76. I noticed that cpu paint aggression as well in ataman's video. Last year the CPU NBA players habitually tried to score in the paint as if their loved ones were being held hostage and the only way to save them from harm was to score in the paint. I know Czar said there were limitations to how they can program the offense/defense on last gen but I was hoping they were a little more aware of other methods of scoring on the court. Maybe sliders can help..
Hey guys Ninja and GOMA and others here,

I CAN TELL YOU 100% THAT NO CPU IS NOT 22 AGGRESSIVE AT ALL, YES THEY RUN BEAuTIFUL BASKETBALL AND THAT'S FOR SURE AND I'M CERTAIN AND THAT'S THAT! Lol i'm excited even more..

I have live streamed me Timberwolves vs Bucks game and i will also upload a Blazers me vs Grizzlies game later on my yt.

Last edited by ataman5; 09-11-2022 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #38
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Thanks for the answer

Thanks.

Well maybe that's because :
Of course 90% of the shooting fouls do occur in the paint, but not with a similarly lopsided turnover rate, although it should be noted that with passing turnovers we were charting the location of the passer when he threw the ball for this exercise, not the zone of the intended receiver of the pass.

NBA Game Charting: Floor Locations from 82games.com

So is that really an issue.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 09-10-2022 at 11:36 AM. Reason: didn't want to insult the person I am responding to
Old 09-10-2022, 11:32 AM   #39
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
First - thanks for the feedback and observations.

Questions -
Are there more fouls called? In 2022, fouls were rarely called, most were only around the rim. Total fouls for games were often in the single digits. Any better with 2023 current gen? Total fouls for a game for use and CPU? Any fouls on jump shots?

I saw some comments about help defense and PNR defense being better in 2023. Can anyone confirm? Any comments on these aspects of defense would be great.

fouls around the rim is actually spot on for the NBA.

Of course 90% of the shooting fouls do occur in the paint, but not with a similarly lopsided turnover rate, although it should be noted that with passing turnovers we were charting the location of the passer when he threw the ball for this exercise, not the zone of the intended receiver of the pass.

NBA Game Charting: Floor Locations from 82games.com

Old 09-10-2022, 12:30 PM   #40
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Playing 2K23 last gen version on PC.

The biggest difference I notice is that to "improve" defense, they made ball handlers dribble and move more slowly compared to last year. There is an odd sluggishness even among quicker players that is hard to get used to so far.

A weird thing is that if you go in and edit roster and edit players, all of them (except rookies for whatever reason) have 25 shot contest and 25 pick n roll defense iq attributes. I'm guessing those were removed and they forget to update that menu?

Also, auto offense playcalling doesn't seem to work anymore even when I have call plays coach slider set to 100 and to playvision set to all. Seems like only freelances are being run unless I manually call a play or use 2K smart play on the d-pad menu.

Edit: After playing a few more games, I decided to remove one of my previous observations.

Edit2: I'm seeing on-ball defense that is similar to 2K17 and 2K19. Some obvious warping that allows defenders to shift into position to further push the ball handler even after being beaten.

Last edited by m29a; 09-10-2022 at 10:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »