Home

Mike Wang : Survey on the shooting system (Twitter)

This is a discussion on Mike Wang : Survey on the shooting system (Twitter) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2022, 04:40 PM   #33
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Mike Wang : Survey on the shooting system (Twitter)

Think I'll turn this into another article since I think between OP's post and the discussion overall it's been a good read.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:26 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang : Survey on the shooting system (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
If I have 3 options to choose from

2k11 based shooting where greens will miss lots of times
2k22 based shooting where everyone and their mother has a super easy green window
2k23 based shooting where it is hard to greens

I will take 2k11 all day long. But if 2k11 is not an option then I will chose 2k23. Yes, shooting is harder but at least most people are shooting low percentages which makes this game playable. 2k22 was the most horrible thing that I have ever seen. There literally was no player on the court which I could just ignore. Everyone was shooting lights out, even with < 70 rated 3pt shooters...

Guys are greening threes from the parking lot on 2k23. It's looking like 2K22 again with corner fade away threes or circus three and also half court threes in REC and parks. THREES THREES THREES. Dudes pulling up at half court when they get near the line. GREEN.

Also the dribbling is starting to get out of control again. Too much space created for offensive players and the ability to speed boost and quickly change directions is still there. This is creating ISO gods again. A snatch back or step back shouldn't move the dribbler that far from the defender. Then when the defender moves up with choppy steps the offensive player can quickly speed by with a dribble or dribble move.

Defenders can't keep up once again. The defenders' foot movements are choppy and not quick. Changing directions is a slow stutter at most times. But the CPU defenders can glide in place. Make it make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »