Home

Everything that is wrong with MyGM - VC Discussion

This is a discussion on Everything that is wrong with MyGM - VC Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you like VC in MyGM mode?
Yes 18 12.50%
No 126 87.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #25
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Everything that is wrong with MyGM - VC Discussion

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...811-Fee-to-Pay

The game is very much geared to entice you to buy extra VC with real money. If it wasn't, the rewards for playing would be much, much more generous than they are and they wouldn't constantly taunt you with the option to purchase it. To me it's completely gross that the whole game is designed around the idea of trying to milk the paying customer base for the core experience of what buying a full priced game should be. You can have your ultimate team which is designed as a cash cow from the start but ruining MyCareer and Association mode with this is just unacceptable.

As per the video above
"(NBA 2K14 in this case) alters the entire design of the game to inflict psychological warfare on you, the player ... and you have no choice to be in that war whether or not you choose to pay".

"You think they don't want your money, you don't think that's the point of it being there in the first place?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just like current gen, Ive faithfully played it and played roughly over 100 games online, sometimes I didn't even get VC if the player quitted early. To distribute that VC earned between mycareer and myteam was a tough decision and it was frustrating. Frustrating to the point I quit playing the game because I'd be damn if I pay real money for fake money after u already spend $60 to buy the game in the first place. My player gets a pay day of 50 VC but that's not enough to even buy a headband wth.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

Simulation... Realism...
So Mike Kupchack has to pay (or to gain reputation) to change team rotation ?

2k are using the logic of free game for IOS...

Last edited by Painkiller1974; 11-15-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #28
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

They are trying to cash n with a Free to Play model on top of the standard income. Bunch of crap, if they want to do this then give the damn game away.

I call this Free to Pay again.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #29
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
They are trying to cash n with a Free to Play model on top of the standard income. Bunch of crap, if they want to do this then give the damn game away.

I call this Free to Pay again.
Take everything good you have in a free to play model (it being FREE) and strip it away. Fee to pay.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #30
Rookie

Does anybody think VC came about because the game is becoming more expensive to make? The legends alone had to up production costs a little right? So mayb their options were up the price or put something like this in. I mean it is still technically optional whether you buy it or not. Im sure a lot of people still dont buy it. I know i don't but I see why they may have added this feature
Old 11-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #31
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
I think VC has become a mental road block. Don't think of it as VC. Think of it as playing the game. You earn VC by playing the game. The VC costs are just a bar for you to clear based on how much you've played the game.

Don't think of it as paying 500 VC to unlock rotation control in MyGM mode, think of it as playing a single game to earn that ability. Because that's all it really is. Otherwise you just want a cheat code in order to have everything right off the bat with no work put in. Which is fine. Some people like that. Others want to build up. Every one plays different.

What if the rotations unlocked after five games in MyGM mode instead of costing VC? What if you couldn't have full access to all of the talents until you achieved certain things -- IE sign three players via free agency before you rank up in your salary negotiator talents? It's just a different bar to clear. The most streamlined way for them to go about doing this is by making everything run on a single currency -- named VC -- and making essentially everything give you said VC by playing the game.

I get it's not readily available when you pop in the disk, but 2K literally gives you 5K VC immediately. It's a rank up system. Progressive with RPG elements. Yes, you have to play the game to earn VC to get full access to the features the game has implemented. I just really struggle to see what the big deal is, personally, because I enjoy playing the game.
I understand what your saying, and it would be a lot easier to look at VC in a way of playing the game if it wasn't so easy to get as just opening your wallet.

I haven't played 2k14 but in 2k13 people were leaving their games on in coach mode just to get VC to better their player and get them the equipment they wanted. I did that a few times and there was no fun in that. It shouldn't be a grind to get VC to just buy accessories for your player.

When you were first able to have a contract in My Player I was really excited cause again it added to the realism of the game only to be disappointed that for your contract you were paid in VC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #32
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL9105
Does anybody think VC came about because the game is becoming more expensive to make? The legends alone had to up production costs a little right? So mayb their options were up the price or put something like this in. I mean it is still technically optional whether you buy it or not. Im sure a lot of people still dont buy it. I know i don't but I see why they may have added this feature
The game sold more than twice the amount of copies with 2K13 compared to 2K10 and the trend continues. You can't believe people are buying VC worth more than 3 million sold copies of the game. And it's not optional. You can't opt out of the VC race, it's there whether you want it or not. The game is still going to remind you every chance it gets that you could just buy that upgrade with real money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »