Home

VC ratio is ridiculous.

This is a discussion on VC ratio is ridiculous. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: VC ratio is ridiculous.

I don't understand how they can have a Create a Shoe feature and then not even let you wear your own shoes unless you're willing to shell out an additional $7,500 VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

The whole VC thing might be the downfall of NBA 2k. EA messed up their Live but if next year they polished Live and doesnt have this VC thing, many would jump out from 2k.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I don't understand how they can have a Create a Shoe feature and then not even let you wear your own shoes unless you're willing to shell out an additional $7,500 VC.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. You can't fully enjoy every aspect of the game unless you decide to spend extra money. I called this back when VC was first introduced and prices were more reasonable (500 VC for a Bronze pack), and so did many others. Now prices for sleeves, shoes and packs have all increased. I predict that they will only continue to increase.

Shame on you 2k...I actually hope NBA Live gets their act together and makes a solid game. The level of detail and content in this game is incredible, but unfortunately whatever team is responsible for managing VC prices has no respect whatsoever for the consumer.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 7

The more I read the more I don't want this game. I really love 2k but now I'm on the fence. I think these non-basketball devs are ruinning this game. Its ashamed.

Unless someone can give me a great reason to buy this game I might not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

I personally dgaf about this VC uproar. I always spend $20-$40 dollars every year extra to purchase some VC and I spend it how I see fit. I mean, yes it sucks that you have to do that to fully enjoy the game but it doesn't really hurt my pockets.

But then again, I am employed full time and spending $80-$100 dollars a year on a game I fully enjoy for a good 10-12 months is good enough for me. My reasoning is that spending $80 to $100 a year on NBA 2k will in turn save me thousands by staying home and playing the game and not going out to the bar every other day to spend $100 dollars or so a night.

I can empathize with the rest of y'all but for me, this VC thing is almost a non issue. One way or another, everyone will soon have to accept that this is the new wave of gaming. It does suck but no matter how hard you guys cry and make noise about this, I just don't see any developers changing their stance on this. Micro-transactions is a very lucrative market and it's looking like that is where the future of gaming is going.

Last edited by patchwork; 11-28-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #30
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostoriginal
It would actually take about 80,000 if you want dunk packages and sig skills. I bought 80,000 vc cause I just wanted my guy to be good already and I spent the entire 80,000 making him an ovr 83 or 84 buying 5 sig skills. Only like two of them maxed out and lock down defender and I'm broke again. And guess what? I can't even play myplayer since it crashes the game now. Started another myplayer and struggling to get a 70 ovr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats what happens when you buy VC
Old 11-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #31
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Simple way to get VC,

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
I personally dgaf about this VC uproar. I always spend $20-$40 dollars every year extra to purchase some VC and I spend it how I see fit. I mean, yes it sucks that you have to do that to fully enjoy the game but it doesn't really hurt my pockets.

But then again, I am employed full time and spending $80-$100 dollars a year on a game I fully enjoy for a good 10-12 months is good enough for me. My reasoning is that spending $80 to $100 a year on NBA 2k will in turn save me thousands by staying home and playing the game and not going out to the bar every other day to spend $100 dollars or so a night.

I can empathize with the rest of y'all but for me, this VC thing is almost a non issue. One way or another, everyone will soon have to accept that this is the new wave of gaming. It does suck but no matter how hard you guys cry and make noise about this, I just don't see any developers changing their stance on this. Micro-transactions is a very lucrative market and it's looking like that is where the future of gaming is going.
You confused the cause with the effect
Developer will not change their stance as long as people like you will keep giving them extra-money for micro-transactions

By the way, I like the "I always spend $20-$40 dollars every year extra to purchase some VC". Sounds like VC has been here for the last 5 years

Last edited by franzis; 11-28-2013 at 03:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »