Home

VC ratio is ridiculous.

This is a discussion on VC ratio is ridiculous. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: VC ratio is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
I personally dgaf about this VC uproar. I always spend $20-$40 dollars every year extra to purchase some VC and I spend it how I see fit. I mean, yes it sucks that you have to do that to fully enjoy the game but it doesn't really hurt my pockets.

But then again, I am employed full time and spending $80-$100 dollars a year on a game I fully enjoy for a good 10-12 months is good enough for me. My reasoning is that spending $80 to $100 a year on NBA 2k will in turn save me thousands by staying home and playing the game and not going out to the bar every other day to spend $100 dollars or so a night.

I can empathize with the rest of y'all but for me, this VC thing is almost a non issue. One way or another, everyone will soon have to accept that this is the new wave of gaming. It does suck but no matter how hard you guys cry and make noise about this, I just don't see any developers changing their stance on this. Micro-transactions is a very lucrative market and it's looking like that is where the future of gaming is going.
Spending a little cash for some VC won't hurt my pockets either. I refrain from doing so because I don't believe that I should have to spend a penny to fully experience a game that I already spent $60 on to own.

I don't think we "have to accept" anything. Micro transactions are a disgrace to gaming. I respect your honesty, but I hope other gamers realize that this VC thing and micro transactions in general will only get WORSE if we don't voice our opinions.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
You confused the cause with the effect
Developer will not change their stance as long as people like you will keep giving them extra-money for micro-transactions

By the way, I like the "I always spend $20-$40 dollars every year extra to purchase some VC". Sounds like VC has been here for the last 5 years
Give me a break, what I meant is I've spent $20-$40 each year SINCE the implementation of VC. You also make it seem like I'm the only person who buys VC. I work 9-5, Mon-Fri so I do not have time to grind for VC. If spending a few bucks is going to let me enjoy a game a little more, give MyPlayer better attributes and all the other fixings, I'm going for it.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Give me a break, what I meant is I've spent $20-$40 each year SINCE the implementation of VC. You also make it seem like I'm the only person who buys VC. I work 9-5, Mon-Fri so I do not have time to grind for VC. If spending a few bucks is going to let me enjoy a game a little more, give MyPlayer better attributes and all the other fixings, I'm going for it.
Clearly you can go for it.
But since VC really got worse from last year, get ready to spend $40-$60 next year, $60-$80 in 2k16, etc etc

By the way, this time I like the "You also make it seem like I'm the only person who buys VC". Souns like "You also make it seem like I'm the only person who doesn't pay taxes"

Last edited by franzis; 11-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Clearly you can go for it.
But since VC really got worse from last year, get ready to spend $40-$60 next year, $60-$80 in 2k16, etc etc
When that happens, that is when I will join you fellow smash the VC bandwagon. Right now the price is not too unreasonable, but any further increase will get me heated.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #37
Rookie

South318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
The more I read the more I don't want this game. I really love 2k but now I'm on the fence. I think these non-basketball devs are ruinning this game. Its ashamed.

Unless someone can give me a great reason to buy this game I might not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
That's exactly why VC will not go away. People who are calling the shots are non-basketball and out of touch with reality, essentially losing their core fan base.

With people who are out of touch, seeing is believing. They don't care what people say or complain about, they want to see it. So, the sales of NBA 2k would have to drop drastically and I doubt that will happen.

There was an NBA 2k Dev on the forum saying he's excited about the direction of 2k. He's suppose to say that. 2k is not going in the right direction...bad servers and now VC for everything because they want you to spend the extra money to enjoy what you've already paid for. That's excluding all the other problem they never address.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers99_58_36
Thats what happens when you buy VC
Yup never a again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #39
Rookie

VC ratio is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers99_58_36
Simple way to get VC,

Spoiler
Not everyone has time to play every single game and wait till the end to actually be good.

I still average good numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mostoriginal; 11-28-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
That's fine, but know that people like you are contributing to the growth of micro transactions in games that we already pay full price for. Whether you intend to or not. Ideally, every game mode should be enjoyable for people who have limited time and don't want to spend a single penny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »