Home

Why Point of Emphasis Needs To Go

This is a discussion on Why Point of Emphasis Needs To Go within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Why Point of Emphasis Needs To Go

Defensive settings need to come back. There was almost no depth or thought with POEs and no way to tweak schemes according to matchups and pick and roll defense. Meanwhile, Live added depth with double off settings if I remember correctly.

I hope the "custom POEs" are just defensive settings selectable as a POE.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #18
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I cosign this thread 100% POE's are not better than individual settings way too vague and didn't really work the way you would think especially on defense. If they were to be included they shouldn't be for defense just give us the coach settings and profiles of last gen with the match up settings

Offensive P.O.E's could be type of offense you want to run but this could be handled other ways which I am not sure P.O.E.'s are needed

Say on offense: Pick and roll offense, motion offense, feed the post and maybe crash offensive boards. Anything more than this you should have to run a play that is in your playbook.

The Flex P.O.E. could be: Leak out get back, crash boards defensive boards again not sure a P.O.E. is needed for this

The defensive P.O.E. should not exist I am sorry it doesn't work well and doesn't capture how we want to individually defend players. Now if they add something on how to defend pick and rolls that is another thing.

We should have settings that allow us to determine how we defend pick and roll offense that lines up with real NBA teams

We should be able to have settings that say how we want to defend postups, and how we defend the perimeter with actual pressure settings for each player
Old 08-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

The help defense is just broken. Players helping, one pass away, when the ball is at the top of the arc or key? That's unrealistic. Guys would be benched immediately.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #20
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
The help defense is just broken. Players helping, one pass away, when the ball is at the top of the arc or key? That's unrealistic. Guys would be benched immediately.
This has been the most disappointing part of the game to me. The key to offense is learning how to trigger that help animation one pass away for an open three. No need to run an offense when you can dribble around until you get the one pass away help three.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 2

Definitely!

When I was expecting and waiting for a deeper and more complex defensive settings and options in the next gen (taking advantadge of the new and more powerfull hardware)... they created POE to simplify even more the coaching part of the game, the one that I liked the most...

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't tell me they left things off in the Next-Gen, they just introduced in 2k13?? On 2k14 PC you can tell your defense how to defend each player on pick and rolls (each hedge/switch and go over/under), how tight they should guard him off ball and so on...Sometimes 2k is very strange in what they're doing...
Old 08-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I think they heard us loud and clear about POEs...I have a feeling defensive settings will be making a comeback
Old 08-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #24
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalNoob
Don't tell me they left things off in the Next-Gen, they just introduced in 2k13?? On 2k14 PC you can tell your defense how to defend each player on pick and rolls (each hedge/switch and go over/under), how tight they should guard him off ball and so on...Sometimes 2k is very strange in what they're doing...
They wanted to try something new because it's a new era for 2k. I think they bought old settings back but I HOPE floor spacing has been improved dramatically.

I want to punish everyone that sets shooters to play tight defense so that I can dominate in the post without worrying about help defense from perimeter players that are CPU controlled

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

Last edited by thedream2k13; 08-09-2014 at 07:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »