Home

Why Point of Emphasis Needs To Go

This is a discussion on Why Point of Emphasis Needs To Go within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why Point of Emphasis Needs To Go

Poe works good for offense when you want to run a certain style or run your offense through one player. Defensively I never change it from guard the perimeter because I have great defensive bigs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #26
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think they heard us loud and clear about POEs...I have a feeling defensive settings will be making a comeback
from what theyve been saying in the myleague thread we will have PoE as-well as settings (but no mention if those settings can be individualized per player
Old 08-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #27
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
This has been the most disappointing part of the game to me. The key to offense is learning how to trigger that help animation one pass away for an open three. No need to run an offense when you can dribble around until you get the one pass away help three.
I agree completely. This was by far the biggest issue with NBA2K14 this year. It's way to sensitive as the videos above showed.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #28
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I have faith that POE is coming back.

Edit: Individual defensive assignments I mean.

Last edited by Vni; 08-09-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10

Funny thing is I was just starting to get my defensive settings to guard the opposing players exactly how I wanted to in NBA 2K13 and then this POE thing was introduced so yeh I hope they see that this is a hit and miss and change EVERYTHING that didnt work back so they can focus on the bigger issues that have been around forever.

POE is not a detailed enough way to key in on star players no way anyway.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

hopefully we get the old defensive settings back. i was not a fan of POE at all.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #31
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I actually like POE, it allows to me to adjust my on ball defensive strategy. For example if I have limit perimeter shots on, I'll sag off the ball handler a little more because I know my teammates are not in a position to help on drives, if I use nothing inside, I'll playing a little closer so If I get beat, I know my teammates will rotate and stop the drive. I just think you have to make sure you're playing good on ball defense to see how well some poe's work.

Also the beauty of poe is you can design a scheme on the fly. If I'm playing the Miami heat and ray allen is on the floor, I'll keep my main defensive poe on nothing inside and put the flex on key on ray allen, so he's denied and he doesn't get left when the defense breaks down. The biggest key in playing good team defense is executing your offense and taking good shots, so you're not getting killed in transition. But I still believe individual assignments should return. I also did a basic poe breakdown video you can see here, just click on the spoiler.
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I actually like POE, it allows to me to adjust my on ball defensive strategy. For example if I have limit perimeter shots on, I'll sag off the ball handler a little more because I know my teammates are not in a position to help on drives, if I use nothing inside, I'll playing a little closer so If I get beat, I know my teammates will rotate and stop the drive. I just think you have to make sure you're playing good on ball defense to see how well some poe's work.

Also the beauty of poe is you can design a scheme on the fly. If I'm playing the Miami heat and ray allen is on the floor, I'll keep my main defensive poe on nothing inside and put the flex on key on ray allen, so he's denied and he doesn't get left when the defense breaks down. The biggest key in playing good team defense is executing your offense and taking good shots, so you're not getting killed in transition. But I still believe individual assignments should return. I also did a basic poe breakdown video you can see here, just click on the spoiler.
Spoiler
Fast forward to :55 in the video. This is what we don't like to see from a defense. Help should generally arrive from the weak-side, not one pass away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »