Home

NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
is there any scenes after the 1st season?
Yes as soon as it sims the offseason your gm asks you how things are going this season! same bs he always says even though I haven't played a game in my 2nd season. Im getting tired of playing every damn game just for the same old BS.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #74
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

I got my dunk rating up to 90, and equipped a dunk package, and my player still cant dunk. Does anyone have any suggestions? or is anyone else having this problem?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:33 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses

Are you still able to work out/practice certain parts of your game and get skillpoints/VC in reward like they had in 2K11?

Or did they take that out completely?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
I am done.
For the first time ever I had to sell an NBA2k videogame because I can't play it. The old association and now MyGM is what I always play the most. Now, after four tries I decided to stop. Everysingle time, MyGM stop and freeze with one of the conversation with the trainer (I think). A guy in my office, the music as a background and nothing works. I have to quit shutting down the console. Sorry, but although the gameplay and the graphics are just amazing, I can't play the game, as simple as that.
Sold on Ebay, thank you very much 2K.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #77
Just started!

I hope this next patch that is being released addresses playing defense in MyPlayer mode. My rating is 85 for on ball defense and my guy still plays defense like he's on skates.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #78
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I personally like the mode. It gives it a fresh feel to it. Ever since 2k11, it's been the exact same game mode every time with tiny little renovations to it. Everyone was asking for something that would make the mode interesting.

Well, you got it. They gave us storylines, cutscenes, etc., which keep me more interested in the mode than the old way, which was just playing a game and having a press conference afterwards.

I don't really care if it's cartoonish, or hell, I don't even care if some of the games are scripted for me to shoot poorly, because in the past games, I could do just about whatever I wanted on the court every game. This adds a nice variety to it, which in a way, is more realistic.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 12-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #79
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
I personally like the mode. It gives it a fresh feel to it. Ever since 2k11, it's been the exact same game mode every time with tiny little renovations to it. Everyone was asking for something that would make the mode interesting.

Well, you got it. They gave us storylines, cutscenes, etc., which keep me more interested in the mode than the old way, which was just playing a game and having a press conference afterwards.

I don't really care if it's cartoonish, or hell, I don't even care if some of the games are scripted for me to shoot poorly, because in the past games, I could do just about whatever I wanted on the court every game. This adds a nice variety to it, which in a way, is more realistic.
I'm certainly never in favor of telling people what they should or shouldn't like. However I take exception to some things in this post.

Adding a story mode bascially locks every player into the samething regardless if thats the story I want to be apart of or not. The minute you do that you turnoff a certain % of players.

For me the story mode kills any replay value. After you played the mode once what's the point of playing it again when you know how everything unfolds?

Scripted events should never effect the results of gameplay.

At this point there are very few things that are realistic about this mode. IMO the only unrealstic aspect of MyPlayer should be the fact that I'm adding myself to the game. That where the fantasy aspect should start and end.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan

When I first heard there was gonna be cutscenes in the game, I didnt think it was a bad idea, but the cutscenes should NEVER affect gameplay. It makes me cringe when I have to be missing open shots with perfect release just so I can get a stupid cutscene about my shooting or when I score 32 points with 14 assists and 5 rebounds with an A teammate grade and get a cutscene saying how the team lost because of me. Hopefully in 2k15 they either take out cutscenes or make the cutscenes be based off how you play instead of the other way around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »