Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Did i say you have to simulate it? play it if you want and earn more
That's my fault. I didn't understand that you meant you could earn 30,000 virtual coins by actually just playing the games in your MyGM for a few hours without any simming. That seems kind of crazy. How did you pull that off?

Last edited by VDusen04; 12-11-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #106
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I did it in only a couple of hours was not hard at all it gets boring but oh well
then i just play games and earn 925 VC

I don't mind the VC not defending it but you guys are complaining about this but a few years ago you were asking for it
I will say BS...because I have done this for a couple hours and didn't get near 30,000VC. More like 14,000VC and I know this because I actually did it last night.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #107
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
I will say BS...because I have done this for a couple hours and didn't get near 30,000VC. More like 14,000VC and I know this because I actually did it last night.
BS? dude i've done it already 3 times go with the Heat..resign the big 3 and pick up Melo
Old 12-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #108
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
BS? dude i've done it already 3 times go with the Heat..resign the big 3 and pick up Melo
that's the team I pick all the time since someone had mentioned this trick a while back. No way in hell you're getting 30,000 in a couple of hours. The math doesn't add up since it takes anywhere from 3-5mins doing the sim and most of the time it's 5mins if you want to get the most VC for the season.

EDIT oh and then count the times when you don't get anything when you sim a season

Last edited by apollooff320; 12-11-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #109
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That's my fault. I didn't understand that you meant you could earn 30,000 virtual coins by actually just playing the games in your MyGM for a few hours. That seems kind of crazy. How did you pull that off?
wow...i said in a few hours as in say anywhere from 6-12 you can earn 30k off simulating it alone if you complete the goals which are not hard to do

if you want to play 25-30 games for that 30k VC go ahead im not doing that
Old 12-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #110
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
that's the team I pick all the time since someone had mentioned this trick a while back.
Are you exiting every 2 seasons and starting over? if you continue onto 2016 and on you won't get anything
Old 12-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #111
Pro

slowdifference's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll chime in on this one. I have no problem with VC or microtransactions if implemented correctly. Using VC for myteam and mycareer is ok with me. Where 2k needs to put on blast is when they lock basic functions of the game behind VC.

The fact that 2k is attempting to nickel and dime people this way is disheartening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #112
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Its unfortunate that this is the future of gaming. Micro-transactions. I read an article about this a while ago and sort of let it go by the wayside.

Now it seems to be ruining one of my favorite franchises. Its sickening that 2k hasn't addressed this at all.

Noone asked for VC here, so some of you defending it and saying "I don't mind VC.." stop it.

VC was pretty much thrown on us. Yes, some of us dabbled with it but that doesn't mean we wanted it or wanted it implemented in every gamemode controlling routine tasks such as setting rotations?

ugh
That's one of my biggest questions throughout all of this. Who asked for Virtual Currency? Of all the wishlists and feedback through the years, I cannot recall a clamoring along the lines of, "You know what? I think we need a really, really corny storyline in MyPlayer that forces all of us to take the exact same path. And you know what else? I'm tired of players getting paid with real salaries and I hate earning a lot of cool things while I play. I just wish there were some sort of alternative currency system that could take the place of money and really restrict my experience..."

It kind of reminds me of the Association alterations as well. I don't really recall "Less Control and make us pay golden coins for everything" making the cut atop consumer wishlists.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »