Home

Reason for Association and Roster Issues for Next Gen

This is a discussion on Reason for Association and Roster Issues for Next Gen within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Reason for Association and Roster Issues for Next Gen

If ANY of you guys are on Twitter, just wanted to let you know that I tweeted Everyone involved with the Game the link to this Thread. If you are on Twitter and AGREE with My comments be sure to TWEET the thread link so that the POWERS that BE can see it on the Platform they TRULY follow SOCIAL MEDIA.

My Twitter Handle: VTCRB

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I assume they will keep making CG versions for a few years(or last gen I guess it's called now). Is this idea crazy? If they keep editing ability in these last gen games somewhat...is that their idea to keep making a profit from last gen? They know sim heads/OS members will be forced to accept it. Is they possibly a marketing strategy to sell more last gen copies or am I thinking too far outside the box?

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 12-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I assume they will keep making CG versions for a few years(or last gen I guess it's called now). Is this idea crazy? If they keep editing ability in these last gen games somewhat...is that their idea to keep making a profit from last gen? They know sim heads/OS members will be forced to accept it. Is they possibly a marketing strategy to sell more last gen copies or am I thinking too far outside the box?
I am HOPING they make 2k15 for CG, if not 2k14 CG will be my LAST game, unless they decide to FIX NextGen.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't own a current gen console anymore, so I would have to get the next version of NBA Live if they pull this same crap next year.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 33

I know there was one who played the mode, Simballer, the developer in charge of the mode ... but since he was also trusted the development of MyCareer, then his focus got diluted, if not, entirely ported to that mode. Since I dont know the ins within Virtual Concepts, will venture to say it was forced by the publisher: 2K (and what they think is what the majority wants).

I dont have the game, just played it for some hours on a friends house so please take my opinion as a grain of salt ... I love the ideas that were introduced with MyGM (leaving aside some huge implementation and balance issues), but totaly hate the presence of legacy issues and specially, what was cut off.

IMHO, the cut off direction did not mirrowed most of what was posted here in the wishlist, nor most of the hardcores thinking ... even worse, it absolutely negated one of the iconic NBA2K franchise pillars all while demenishing many of this next gen consoles strong selling points: editability, customization, easyness, more user friendly, expect greatness. About legacy issues, lets just say that I was somewhat expecting them since they have been present for half a decade if not more, they seem unfixeable or at least, unavoidable (yes, sadly, had that low of expectations on that regard).

I also know of some other member, thus very new, that plays the mode ... our ex community member Leftos and my hopes on him and what he may bring, are very high. He cant be satisfy with what we got and I sincerely hope that he gets the permission and resources to achieve all of what he has in mind. I also hope that he can manage to voice directly our sentiments and feedback.

I sincerely hope he makes both, fellow developers and the game publishers realize that compromised directions aint enough to satisfy casuals and sim, they just aint nomore ... what can indeed help satisfy such 2 very distinct markets are EDITABILITY, CUSTOMIZATION, OPTIONS ... these can help us provide the means to fit the game into each of our own and unique views ... if all modes were focused around them, if they were exponentialy improved and marketed, they could help the game achieve another level of sales.

Here is to hope for that, is a big hope but one I am forced to stick with as I have no other alternative than to do so or not buy the game.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 12-12-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

they tried to revamp the mode and failed miserably. i wish they would change it back and focus on incremental improvements.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

The amazing thing about myGM is that AI trade logic and roster management has historically been a major weakness for 2K. That problem was largely solved by allowing 30 team control (for 2K 10??)

So they get rid of that game mode and base the new one on a supposedly revamped base of AI trade logic and roster management, whilst removing the safety valve of 30 team control.

Very, very dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
Banned

atomant94's Arena

I just accept MyGM for what it is...... A fantasy mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »