Home

MyGM Advance Playoffs

This is a discussion on MyGM Advance Playoffs within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #49
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MyGM Advance Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Holiday season is their peak sales time. They're working.

It's true that with Christmas and New Year's on Wednesdays this year it makes it more difficult, people are not working as much because the holidays disrupt the whole week. But the sales, promotions and marketing people are in full swing. Happy enough to take our money.

Doesn't require a ton of man hours to make a statement saying they are aware of any number of game breaking issues, and will be addressing them quickly. But if they admitted publicly how many game breaking issues they have, it would get in the way of sales promotions to those who don't know.

Let's not kid ourselves, it's business. They've made a business decision to pretend not to see and punt for time. Because we already bought the game.

Sure, someone is working, but I can almost guarantee it's a skeleton crew. Any PR statement requires the approval of people that are high up the food chain, they aren't working. Not to mention a patch was just released, so the expectation is it will take some time to gather what all the issues are, and create a PR statement that won't damage their bottom line.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #50
Rookie

Ajoyner41's Arena

OVR: 0

This is also happening to me. I won my series 4-0 but the series where I'm supposed to play the winner is at 2-2. All I can do is click on the games that are on the left and press simulate through date yet nothing happens.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #51
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajoyner41
This is also happening to me. I won my series 4-0 but the series where I'm supposed to play the winner is at 2-2. All I can do is click on the games that are on the left and press simulate through date yet nothing happens.

There are developers who really care about the game and want to produce a great product. They work long and hard. But the company clearly holds its customers in contempt or, at best, arrogant neglect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #52
Banned

Nail in the coffin for me. My GM mode with only 82 game seasons and this... Maybe I'll regain interest when all of it is finally fixed but I'm done sweating this game.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #53
Rookie

Ponchito's Arena

They better fix this without us losing our progress. Between this and BF4, my next-gen experience has been pretty disappointing.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #54
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchito
They better fix this without us losing our progress. Between this and BF4, my next-gen experience has been pretty disappointing.
I own 2 games for xbox one: nba 2k14 and madden 25.

I have this playoff glitch breaking 2k14 for me. Madden I can't even get to boot up because of some other bug it has, that the chat person on support line said they hope to be able to fix with a future patch.

As a result, I own the most expensive bluray player ever.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #55
Rookie

Ponchito's Arena

Any news on this matter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #56
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchito
Any news on this matter?
At the very least a "we're looking into it" would suffice for now anyway.

I just don't want to go any further if it's all for nothing. 2k just really needs get get it together. Their IT, PR, Devs, Testers, etc. have all dropped the ball this gen.

For the record I don't think 2k14 is a bad game. I actually think it's really, really close to be an all-time great game, but some of these problems have been inexcusable.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »