Home

THIS HAS GOTTEN BEYOND RIDICULOUS: 2K Ticket Response

This is a discussion on THIS HAS GOTTEN BEYOND RIDICULOUS: 2K Ticket Response within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #33
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: THIS HAS GOTTEN BEYOND RIDICULOUS: 2K Ticket Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
2K support really does need to step it up a little, but I will say you aren't comparing the same thing here. You bring up returning items to Walmart and Best Buy and so on, that's a tad bit different experience than dealing with 2K for support.

Reason number one it's not the same thing. There are thousands of Walmarts, Best Buys, Home Depots, Targets, etc. throughout the country for the consumer to deal with. There is one 2K Sports office to go through for it's millions of customers. If I buy a ****ty blender from Walmart and go to take it back, there aren't five million other people that all bought that same blender from that same Walmart that are all bringing their complaints with the blender to that location.

Some of the repsonse times people are getting from 2K support I would hope could be cut down some, but at the same time, I see some guys getting pissed because they've gone like 2 days without response to their complaints. To date, 2K14 has sold somewhere around 500,000+ copies on PS4 and like 300,000+ on XBox One. With problems as numerous and widespread as you yourself just acknowledged, that's a long *** line of people to deal with. That's not even counting the fact that the same support people have to take whatever calls and complaints they get from current gen customers over on 360, PS4, PC and mobile devices. I know it's frustrating, but some people don't have realistic expectations of how this process should work and go ballistic about it simply because they can.
True, but 2k could take that revenue from the 800K units they sold, hire enough contract help in the CSR department and help smooth out issues and wait times the customers are experiencing for a better customer service experience.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

16 days waiting for a solution and/or response is beyond reasonable in my book.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #35
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatOldMan
16 days waiting for a solution and/or response is beyond reasonable in my book.
Try almost 2 months 2k support is crap i like the game but the people that work there just smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #36
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
2K support really does need to step it up a little, but I will say you aren't comparing the same thing here. You bring up returning items to Walmart and Best Buy and so on, that's a tad bit different experience than dealing with 2K for support.

Reason number one it's not the same thing. There are thousands of Walmarts, Best Buys, Home Depots, Targets, etc. throughout the country for the consumer to deal with. There is one 2K Sports office to go through for it's millions of customers. If I buy a ****ty blender from Walmart and go to take it back, there aren't five million other people that all bought that same blender from that same Walmart that are all bringing their complaints with the blender to that location.

Some of the repsonse times people are getting from 2K support I would hope could be cut down some, but at the same time, I see some guys getting pissed because they've gone like 2 days without response to their complaints. To date, 2K14 has sold somewhere around 500,000+ copies on PS4 and like 300,000+ on XBox One. With problems as numerous and widespread as you yourself just acknowledged, that's a long *** line of people to deal with. That's not even counting the fact that the same support people have to take whatever calls and complaints they get from current gen customers over on 360, PS4, PC and mobile devices. I know it's frustrating, but some people don't have realistic expectations of how this process should work and go ballistic about it simply because they can.
I appreciate your point and think there's some validity to what your saying but I just have no empathy for it.

They didn't become this successful overnight. There's no shortage of small, medium and big business that has found a way to connect with their customers.

Part of the solution would be simple communication...well beyond the 1 to 1 tickets. But they refuse to make an effort to connect with their customers unless they're hyping pre-release. Some citing fear of bad PR etc but it would go a long way in quelling the outrage.

Bottom line you have to take care of your customers. 2K has failed miserably. There's no shortage of differing ways they could have handled this better and that's the real problem. They chose the worst avenue possible.

Last edited by RumbleCard; 01-14-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #37
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
It is very extreme especially of you came from the Atari era....

We didn't complain then and I won't now.....
I came from the Atari era and remember it well. I remember that it killed the gaming industry until Nintendo came around. It was the crap quality that caused the downfall of Atari and the industry.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #38
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

Op i understand your pain. though I haven't touched the game in over a month. Ive dealt with my fair share of bad customer service lately. I hope things turn out good for you.

And will some mod seriously ban the troll that somehow thinks having owned an atari makes it wrong to get mad when you buy an item that breaks. I have a long list of people that don't even play videogames that would find nothing right about your comment whatsoever. That mindset just doesn't even compute, not just with 2k, but with any product thats currently in existence that you purchase with money.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #39
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I came from the Atari era and remember it well. I remember that it killed the gaming industry until Nintendo came around. It was the crap quality that caused the downfall of Atari and the industry.
It's really your opinion if it was crap or not! To a lot of people Atari was all they knew and they treated it like gold....we didn't care about online and downloading rosters and such and such....

We played the game and that was it...
Old 01-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #40
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
It's really your opinion if it was crap or not! To a lot of people Atari was all they knew and they treated it like gold....we didn't care about online and downloading rosters and such and such....

We played the game and that was it...
There was no online and downloading rosters and "Such and Such". Of course you played the game and that was it, that's all you could do..

It was crap, and it did ruin the gaming industry. People loved it because it was all we had. Now though, this isn't the only game we have, and if they tell us it's going to work a certain way, if they tell us the rosters are going to be immaculate because of some groundbreaking daily roster update feature, we'd like for them to work as intended. We paid more than 60 dollars for this game, and the fact that certain modes don't even work, etc. People have the right to be pissed off and want a resolution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »