Home

In what area will 2K make its next big leap?

This is a discussion on In what area will 2K make its next big leap? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 05:36 AM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
In what area will 2K make its next big leap?

2K made a few leaps in the last gen. The post game (except that year they took the post button out); the dribbles moves mapped to one stick (finalised this year); the sig styles/jumpshots. Im sure there's others.

What things do you think 2K should focus on? What do you think they will focus on?

Ill outline 2 they should.

1. Passing. It's terrible. They are floaty, imprecise and just generally ****. Other than the bounce passes, they've been stagnant for years.

2. Physical interactions reflect actual attributes. This has gotten better and better but is still far from perfect. SLow bigs can still keep up with fast guards, guards can still be brick walls even if bigs are coming at them. Physical interactions need their own sig styles, basically.

3. I was going to put fast breaks as a 3rd choice, but I realise they are a reflection of the above 2 problems. Its impossible to pass the ball quickly, and defenders can stop offensive players in their tracks when they shouldnt.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: In what area will 2K make its next big leap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd

What things do you think 2K should focus on? What do you think they will focus on?
I think they should focus on improving what they have and fixing bugs, game modes, server issues etc. I think they will focus on more useless bells and whistles and how to try and suck more money out of the consumer.

Sorry to be honest, but I'm so dissatisfied with this title. It's my opinion that encouraging their efforts to impress us further via 'new stuff' is just enabling their current behaviour, leaving us partially to blame when next we receive a broken title.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

I think they will do something big for Defense and make the ball a physical object on it's own.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Let's just hope they will focus on producing a game that is not so filled with glitches and on a better/less frustrating VC economy. €70 Should buy you a game that is fun to play and should not make you even think about spending even more money so you can, for instance, change the lineup in your own MyGM team.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #5
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvioD
Let's just hope they will focus on producing a game that is not so filled with glitches and on a better/less frustrating VC economy. €70 Should buy you a game that is fun to play and should not make you even think about spending even more money so you can, for instance, change the lineup in your own MyGM team.

WOW this again you use VC one time only and you can change it forever even on new MyGM's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

In 2027 they will announce a new, ahead of it's time feature. The ability for both players in an online game to change their settings at the same time.

It's only 13 years from now, be a little patient. Even though PES5 had this on the PS2 9 years ago.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
WOW this again you use VC one time only and you can change it forever even on new MyGM's

that is 1 time too many.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

They don't need to work on nothing but getting the attributes and signature skills right for all players first I think that every team needs a 2k insider of there own

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »