Home

Results of blocks (CPU be cheesin')

This is a discussion on Results of blocks (CPU be cheesin') within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Results of blocks (CPU be cheesin')

ball tangibility is a good thing but they need to have the players be more aware of whos around them to combat it. since you cant really choose your dunk/layup animation or even what hand you use its up to the game to make the right decision. if i know there is a guy trailing me im not going to do a cockback tomahawk. just like if theres a guy to my left im most likely going to use my right hand to finish away from him. if i have an open layup on the right im not going to double-clutch and lay it up on the left.

they need to fix contextual ai and animations. then the ball being tangible wont be a bad thing.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #10
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
ball tangibility is a good thing but they need to have the players be more aware of whos around them to combat it. since you cant really choose your dunk/layup animation or even what hand you use its up to the game to make the right decision. if i know there is a guy trailing me im not going to do a cockback tomahawk. just like if theres a guy to my left im most likely going to use my right hand to finish away from him. if i have an open layup on the right im not going to double-clutch and lay it up on the left.

they need to fix contextual ai and animations. then the ball being tangible wont be a bad thing.
You can choose your hand in next gen....they changes that from the CG game. Otherwise, I agree.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
agreed jaosming.

I like the idea that the ball is totally tangible....people complain about this in both the bball games, but I can understand why the dev's made it this way...that's not to say it couldn't be cleaned up a little, but I get it....It was incredibly frustrating not being bale to block shots in 2k13 from timing...

Now the next part of this development is making the offensive animations more diverse and less predictable..

I love the idea of the ball being tangible but it doesn't seem like it is yet. I mean, I still see passes going through players legs and hands going through the ball a lot. Seems pretty tangible for blocks I just wish it was like this for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
I love the idea of the ball being tangible but it doesn't seem like it is yet. I mean, I still see passes going through players legs and hands going through the ball a lot. Seems pretty tangible for blocks I just wish it was like this for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ball is tangible but I know what you mean about clipping but according to the game, here is why it goes through legs or hands sometimes and sometimes it will be a turnover:

The game thinks the limb/player is not in the way. This is because the animation hasn't caught up to where he actually is. This is why a lot of people think CPU cheats also. You can really see this when a player warps to a ball or slides in front of you when you were turning to poke the ball out of your hands. Essentially the CPU reaches for the ball during the pass so the game reads his hand as missing deflecting the pass when his hand didn't catch up to where he is so ball clips through it.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
agreed jaosming.

I like the idea that the ball is totally tangible....people complain about this in both the bball games, but I can understand why the dev's made it this way...that's not to say it couldn't be cleaned up a little, but I get it....It was incredibly frustrating not being bale to block shots in 2k13 from timing...

Now the next part of this development is making the offensive animations more diverse and less predictable..
Except this leads to unrealistic results because it's not implemented properly. When's the last time you've seen ray allen get 7 blocks in a game(yeah i did that on 2k14). Why is it that in a one on one scenario i can block a big with norris cole or chalmers? It's like the players aren't aware of the surroundings at all
Old 02-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
When's the last time you've seen ray allen get 7 blocks in a game(yeah i did that on 2k14).

Around the last time you've seen Dwight Howard have only 2 blocks in 20 games....(this was the start of my association in 2K13)

Again, as I said, and the posters after me have said, it should continue to be tweaked....but I completely disagree that the engine is broken, I think it's more about implementing offensive counters than overhauling the blocking system...
Old 02-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #15
MVP

^ I never said the engine was broken, i said it's not implemented properly(trust me i HAATED the unblockable dunks by everyone in 2k13). If they're gonna make the ball that tangible to everything, they damn sure need to make sure the players are much more aware(also players need to have a tighter grip on the ball, it shouldn't be getting tipped out of someones's hand because the back of someone's hand grazes the ball). As of now, it's waaay too easy to get blocks. With anyone.

Also about the howard blocking thing, i wouldn't say the way blocking is now improved that. Currently in my gm, guess who's leading the lead in blocks? Chris bosh, with 3.4 a game, paul gasol is in second, howard is 9th in the league,BEHIND wade in blocks(wade is getting 1.7) with 1.6. Lebron is in 4th with 1.8 blocks per game. I wouldn't say the way blocking is now has made it terribly realistic. . .

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 02-12-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

I don't really concern my self with sim stats TBH....I know a lot of guys do, but it means nothing to me...Howard was on my team in 2k13, so I was playing with him

All I care about is when someone is coming in the lane and I time the move correctly, I can swat it....I can currently do that at a very efficient rate...so i'm happy with the first implementation of blocking as we move away from two man animations...

and I know you didn't say it was broken...it was said earlier in the thread....otherwise I agree with your post...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-12-2014 at 01:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »