Home

Everybody plays the same now?

This is a discussion on Everybody plays the same now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Everybody plays the same now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I played a couple of quick matches and notice:

All my opponents ran 2-3 zone
All of them doubled the whole game
All tried to draw charges before I got to the half court line

What's up with that? Is that the best way to play defense in this game.
I seem a lot of varied play still...
Old 04-06-2014, 04:34 AM   #18
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
I seem a lot of varied play still...
Really? That's cool I'm just having bad luck in quick matches. I was up 15 and just quit earlier. It wasn't fun for me . And I'm not wasting my time on matches like that anymore.

Those things should be used in moderation.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #19
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

This is why I love the league that I play in. When you can find a good core of people, whether 20-30 people, and you don't want to hop online to play 2K, you hop online to play basketball, you never go into another ranked match ever again.

Playing against users who run a numerous amount of plays consistently, and understand basketball, (and other sports for that matter) taking advantages of mismatches, great on-ball defense, making adjustments throughout the game, even on the fly. It's just ridiculously fun and such a relief to play in a community like the one I do. I haven't played a ranked match all year, usually just find someone in the league, send them a message and ask if they wanna run.

Leagues like that, and moreso users like that are very difficulty find. Very difficult.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #20
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
This is why I love the league that I play in. When you can find a good core of people, whether 20-30 people, and you don't want to hop online to play 2K, you hop online to play basketball, you never go into another ranked match ever again.

Playing against users who run a numerous amount of plays consistently, and understand basketball, (and other sports for that matter) taking advantages of mismatches, great on-ball defense, making adjustments throughout the game, even on the fly. It's just ridiculously fun and such a relief to play in a community like the one I do. I haven't played a ranked match all year, usually just find someone in the league, send them a message and ask if they wanna run.

Leagues like that, and moreso users like that are very difficulty find. Very difficult.
Along those lines, I've found 7-8 guys who really enjoy playing sim, team ball and we play Team Up a lot. When you get 4 other guys on your team who really know how to play and you get in a good rhythm where the ball is moving and people are setting each other up for good shots, that's some of the most fun you can have in this game. I rarely play quick matches anymore because of it.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #21
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Along those lines, I've found 7-8 guys who really enjoy playing sim, team ball and we play Team Up a lot. When you get 4 other guys on your team who really know how to play and you get in a good rhythm where the ball is moving and people are setting each other up for good shots, that's some of the most fun you can have in this game. I rarely play quick matches anymore because of it.
Shoooooot me and my boys, generally all we do is play team-up, and legit team up too. Ball movement, post moves (and not those repeating quick spins or up and under every time) a variety and wide range of post moves, it makes playing the game so fun. We once even ran a team league with about 20-25 teams but maybe about 10 of those teams were legit. We'd definitely like to start it up again, especially given they've taken out a lot of the cheesy stuff in the game, but it's just hard. If you're interested in just hooping 4 or 5's, shoot me a PM. I can give you all the details.

US SIMHEADS NEED TO UNITE!!!
And not just see another simhead post and not say anything...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yup just played 3 straight dudes who used exactly what you posted. The Park is also the same, everyone just ballhogs and shoots whenever. Personally I find it hilarious seeing these dudes go 1 on 5 and get blocked at the rim or get stripped then hearing one of our teammates call him out
Old 04-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #23
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Just played an online quick match on PS3 for about the first time since I got the PS4 version. The difference is amazing. No insane input lag which means I can actually play on-ball defense! Court seems a lot bigger, there's more room for plays. Not every shot you take goes down, and more importantly players aren't taking off with dunks from the free throw line through three guys or making every contested layup. Not to mention you can actually choose how you play defense with the defensive settings and coach profiles. I'm looking to join an online association now, screw the next-gen cheese fest and its broken/missing game modes.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #24
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I played a couple of quick matches and notice:

All my opponents ran 2-3 zone
All of them doubled the whole game
All tried to draw charges before I got to the half court line

What's up with that? Is that the best way to play defense in this game.
Just played someone from this website or threw frequent doubles. Seemed to use it as a crutch. Also seemed to throw them late in the clock.

Not a lot of zone use but it still felt cheesy knowing how quickly a tie up happens and slow the passing is.

Good to know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »