Home

Does 2K Even Care About Making the Game Realistic Anymore?

This is a discussion on Does 2K Even Care About Making the Game Realistic Anymore? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Does 2K Even Care About Making the Game Realistic Anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel.
All this is solved by playing with people you already know. Make a group of people to play with and stop playing with randoms

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
They should have never took the lobbies out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 7

I tried playing a game on auto playn I liked it at first, but like some of you said, the plays break and develop too slow. Its still somewhat better than me running pick and rolls all day

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #43
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Why don't you just run plays by yourself?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #44
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Really? No seriously you want the AI to decide the minimum for you. Calling for a pick should be one button. Once the screen is set it stays there until you:

Tap the pick button again for the big men to roll
Double tap the pick button for the big men to fade
this would mean taking your thumb off the right stick so you cant execute any dribble moves. i dont like that idea.

Quote:
That way you can read and react to what the defense's doing and it's not a stupid AI or a tendency that decides the outcome of the play.

That's it. Don't take control away from the player.
if they get the ai and tendencies correct then having the ai decide what to do would be great. and speaking from a realism standpoint you really should only be able to control one person at a time. if they can get the ai to a point where they make intelligent decisions then i would much rather have the ai decide what to do after setting a screen (if im controlling the ball handler).

but if they cant make the ai do the right thing then the user should be in control. of course even the way it is now the ai portion of the pnr doesnt work properly. half the time the roll man rolls away from the basket or doesnt roll at all even if thats what i call for. bottom line is that the ai needs to be completely redone from scratch to make this game more realistic.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 AM   #45
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
this would mean taking your thumb off the right stick so you cant execute any dribble moves. i dont like that idea.

if they get the ai and tendencies correct then having the ai decide what to do would be great. and speaking from a realism standpoint you really should only be able to control one person at a time. if they can get the ai to a point where they make intelligent decisions then i would much rather have the ai decide what to do after setting a screen (if im controlling the ball handler).

but if they cant make the ai do the right thing then the user should be in control. of course even the way it is now the ai portion of the pnr doesnt work properly. half the time the roll man rolls away from the basket or doesnt roll at all even if thats what i call for. bottom line is that the ai needs to be completely redone from scratch to make this game more realistic.
I was thinking of the rb button on xbox360 or r1. That way your thumbs remain on the sticks.

Concerning the AI, I don't expect any major improvements in that area in the next 20 years, they ain't got time for that. 2K can't even get shooting ratings right but you expect them to get big men's rolling tendency right? No chance. And btw I thought nba 2K was about controlling all 5 players at the same time? Wasn't it the argument on here? Why would you want the AI to decide what's gonna happen... I seriously don't get it.

Btw I think this thread isn't asking the right question. The right question is: Do players still care about having a realistic baskteball game? Just look at theses forums... It's less and less about basketball, and it's more about arcadey stuff, or micro transaction. Nba 2K's future is dark my friends.

Last edited by Vni; 04-18-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #46
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I was thinking of the rb button on xbox360 or r1. That way your thumbs remain on the sticks.

Concerning the AI, I don't expect any major improvements in that area in the next 20 years, they ain't got time for that. 2K can't even get shooting ratings right but you expect them to get big men's rolling tendency right? No chance.
this i agree with. im just saying that 2k needs to focus more on ai for 2k15 than any other area imo.

Quote:
And btw I thought nba 2K was about controlling all 5 players at the same time? Wasn't it the argument on here? Why would you want the AI to decide what's gonna happen... I seriously don't get it.
i was speaking strictly from a realism standpoint. if youre playing bball irl you dont decide what your teammates do. sure you can call a play or call for a pick from someone but after that your "control" of them is gone; they cant read your mind so they have to make their own decision of what to do next. i would like that to be reflected in the video game world. personally i play my career more than any other mode so i would like to have teammates that make intelligent decisions without me having to do it for them. the whole idea of that mode is to only control one guy.

of course that entire experience would rely on the developers being able to make intelligent ai with a high basketball iq which has not been their strong suit thus far.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #47
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador

i was speaking strictly from a realism standpoint. if youre playing bball irl you dont decide what your teammates do.
Sorry but I can't agree with you. There is no such thing as teammates. I'am not controlling one player, I'am controlling the team as a whole, I wasn't talking about myplayer mode here, are you?
Old 04-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Really? No seriously you want the AI to decide the minimum for you. Calling for a pick should be one button. Once the screen is set it stays there until you:

Tap the pick button again for the big men to roll
Double tap the pick button for the big men to fade

That way you can read and react to what the defense's doing and it's not a stupid AI or a tendency that decides the outcome of the play.

That's it. Don't take control away from the player.
What if you want the big man to slip the pick? They do that a ton IRL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »