Home

Does 2k14 pick who wins the game?

This is a discussion on Does 2k14 pick who wins the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does 2k14 pick who wins the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
You are Correct sir. Kind of why I stopped playing 1 vs 1 and primarily teamup

Stuff like this doesn't help either
LOL I love when I get turnovers like that.

When my teammate will just randomly throw the ball out of bounds when inbounding or making just a simple pass for no clear reason. That's how you know when 2K has taken all the momentum away from you.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Well, we can start with "bad pass" because Lewis's back was turned. Players pick off passes with their back to it all the time, both human and CPU. There is no field of vision in the game, so that's no excuse.

Second, even if there was a field of vision to account for, a mildly intelligent person wouldn't have their back to the ball in that situation; they would backpedal or side step, as they weren't making any kind of cut. That clip was a glaring example of sub-par AI programming.

The user was penalized for something out of their control. They didn't try to force the ball to a covered player, or pass through traffic. It was a simple three-foot pass to an open teammate.
Players picking off passes with their back turned is a great example, but that wasn't in the video you posted. And I get where you are coming from when you say a player may side step or back pedal to a spot. But that animation didn't happen. The reality of the situation is...

The user kept the ball on one side of the floor passing back and forth, then threw a pass to a player with his back turned causing a turnover. It was a horrible example showing why a player should be frustrated with the game. This game has some BS happen and that video wasn't an example of that.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #35
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Ok (copied links from iphone btw)

http://youtu.be/wlla8DIKII8

http://youtu.be/wmCqnZY1BFo

http://youtu.be/GRg9ulmOGBc

http://youtu.be/AUre4s8HSyY

http://youtu.be/7umWhh5d6i8

http://youtu.be/OYPoj99IUVE

I understand it's a video game but this stuff happens every match
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 07-22-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #36
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by primegamer
I have no reason to lie. Theres a different between something like a red light that changes in an instant, to something you can take your time on like a free throw. Come on now. I used to record ALL of my games. But this silly *** sway of good shots, I don't even record this **** anymore. For the record. I know for a FACT i missed atleast 8 straight free throws atleast. and we aren't even talking about the and ones. but fouls while I'm driving free throws.
K. What I was trying to say is that all the A- FTs that you make, you don;t think about...because...you made them. On to the next one. But when you miss, its a "Dude WTF." style moment, and those kind of aggravations stay with you more than just knocking down 2 Fts and moving on.

You remember the misses more so they stand out.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #37
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Also it all depends on what difficulty you are playing on. Any seasoned 2k vet knows for a FACT that the CPU gets attribute boosts on higher levels. The game isn't realistic because yes, it is fact that the CPU is boosted and overpowering.

Also...being a 'sim gamer' used to mean limiting yourself, nerfing certain things, only doing certain moves with certain people. It was a WAY to play the game that you had to govern yourself.

Now people put 2k on HOF and blame the game for 'cheating'. Do I think boosting the CPU as you go up in difficulty is a good way to handle difficulty? Not at all. But you have to understand the logistics and the way 2k works to be able to get realistic results.

Have to check the ego at the door and realize that just because you don;t play on HOF doesn't mean you suck at the game. I play on All-Star mostly, but still am able to crush people online playing MY way.

As far as online goes, sometimes it goes against you. That is how 2k is. Kind of always has been that way. But either way, it is user vs. user and the object is to score more points against the other player.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
The problem with these videos (I haven't watched them all btw) is I'm sure they're likely all one-off plays - people picking 1 random play out of a 100 (guessing) during the course of a game to imply some huge problem. I find these types of arguments flawed just because of that. These individual plays need to be weighed against the game as a whole. I picked a random game I found on Youtube where there's no commentary, and the guy doesn't even seem like he even knows how to play all that well. But in the bit I watched I didn't see him try to make stupid passes to guys with there backs turned, didn't see all this "faulty AI" or other issues the constant complainers complain about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ojyIQmaM0

I'm not saying the game doesn't have issues; of course it does. But this constant insinuating that any issue is always the game's fault, never the user's, is ridiculous. I remember last year a guy bragged incessantly about how "Sim" he was and how faulty the game is; when he finally posted full game video of his gameplaying people clowned him off the forums, he played so badly with his constant iso'ing. I can't understand for the life of me that if the game really is as bad as some of you say, for as long as some of you say it has been, why are you still playing it? Or playing it at all. Geez.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #39
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain

Now people put 2k on HOF and blame the game for 'cheating'. Do I think boosting the CPU as you go up in difficulty is a good way to handle difficulty? Not at all. But you have to understand the logistics and the way 2k works to be able to get realistic results.
This all day every day. Again not trying to absolve the game of any fault, but many people seem to feel HOF should be some ultimate expression of realism instead of what pretty much any videogame is on it's hardest difficulty - a ridiculous challenge where boosts are given to the cpu

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #40
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The problem with these videos (I haven't watched them all btw) is I'm sure they're likely all one-off plays - people picking 1 random play out of a 100 (guessing) during the course of a game to imply some huge problem. I find these types of arguments flawed just because of that. These individual plays need to be weighed against the game as a whole. I picked a random game I found on Youtube where there's no commentary, and the guy doesn't even seem like he even knows how to play all that well. But in the bit I watched I didn't see him try to make stupid passes to guys with there backs turned, didn't see all this "faulty AI" or other issues the constant complainers complain about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ojyIQmaM0

I'm not saying the game doesn't have issues; of course it does. But this constant insinuating that any issue is always the game's fault, never the user's, is ridiculous. I remember last year a guy bragged incessantly about how "Sim" he was and how faulty the game is; when he finally posted full game video of his gameplaying people clowned him off the forums, he played so badly with his constant iso'ing. I can't understand for the life of me that if the game really is as bad as some of you say, for as long as some of you say it has been, why are you still playing it? Or playing it at all. Geez.
If you watch the videos man some of those instances really are flawed and happen quite often. I play park and teamup mostly . I know for fact playing on lower difficulty negates a lot of these issues . But teamup A.I are always on HOF which I admit adds to a lot my frustration .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 07-22-2014 at 08:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »