Home

The Next Step in Immersion For Me

This is a discussion on The Next Step in Immersion For Me within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #49
Banned

Live2K's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Next Step in Immersion For Me

Solid ideas and good work.

Immersion is huge and for a sim game like 2k its presentation is way too arcadish.. That includes the oversized shoes and hulk player models.

Last edited by Live2K; 08-14-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #50
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

@Lakers24

absolutely beautiful post, agree with everything you said. Post like that is why I love being apart of the OS community and that's one of the best constructive post I've seen on OS.

I would love for 2k to take notes of it and move toward that type of immersion, hell would love for all sports games to take note of it and have that kind of attention to detail.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 26

I just want to say thank you for putting the time into that post. 2K needs to hire you or at least take these ideas into consideration. These are the types of things I think of that would make this game truly next gen. Great job with all the mock-ups and everything. It was fun reading and I know it took a lot of time to put that together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #52
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapboY
Injured players don't really sit on the bench though, they sit behind the bench lol.

Russell begs to differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
As a fellow Association-head, this is what I have been pining for for years now. Thank you for taking the time to elaborate on it.

What's most frustrating is that the technology is there to make this happen right now. Why? Because most of it has been done before. In games from the early 2000's. And the kinds of things mentioned in your post, OP, are things that have gotten universal acclaim and praise.

There needs to be more recognition for retired players. If I have an Association and there's a 15-year veteran on my team who is retiring, I want some way to remember him. Have the ability to retire his jersey (even if it doesn't hang from the rafters, at least have a separate screen where you can view that player's jersey and look at his statistics and accomplishments throughout his career). Same deal for HOF-inductees -- I would love the ability to choose a team's jersey to retire him as and see that jersey with his name on it along with his stats, accomplishments and All-Time rankings.

That way, when a player retires (which will be a very common occurrence in Association Mode), he's not just forgotten. There was a purpose of him being there in the first place.
I actually remember Live having a retired jerseys feature like this once players retired. Back in Live 04 matter of fact.

@Live2k, @_-King-_, @Sinner
Thanks for the support and I agree there are a number of artistic things that definitely need to be ironed out by 2k to start bringing the realism back to presentation and regain the immersion factor(ala what EA is doing with NHL).

P.S. As an update, I'll likely continue to add things as there were several things I didn't finish and wanted/want to show but didn't get around to it in time:

This is the first update that will now be in the op, score & news tickers.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #53
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Wow I never noticed how dull the crowd colors were....it really does liven it up....it's no wonder I prefered Live 10's crowd I just never figured out why....great post!
Old 08-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #54
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
P.S. As an update, I'll likely continue to add things as there were several things I didn't finish and wanted/want to show but didn't get around to it in time:

This is the first update that will now be in the op, score & news tickers.
The ticker used to be in 2K10 and before, IDK why they removed it at all. It was a good feature and a nice touch.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 08-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #55
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
The ticker used to be in 2K10 and before, IDK why they removed it at all. It was a good feature and a nice touch.
If I'm remembering correctly, that one was mostly for real world scores using the internet when you were on the menu or played quick/NBA Today games. It wasn't really for Association, though it was there. Not to mention how much it had issues and was useless anywhere outside of the US. The ones I remember vividly that had scores and stats(top scorers, team records, etc.) were from those mid 2000 games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 11

great post @Laker24 first of all. second i have been working on features for a practice mode that would be great for immersion and investing more time in the game and more specifically in a single save game rather than making new ones every time you get bored. i added a blog detailing it if you guys want to check it out, id love some feedback and again great post! link to my blog --> http://www.operationsports.com/jorda...bout-practice/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »