Home

NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #41
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by antixnette
I don't like the new rating system. I do think Timmy is a 90, though, but I do feel as though there's a lot more people in the league worth 90 than 4.
He's a 90 based on the fact they are the world champs and he is the MVP of the team. He means everything to the best team in the league. Makes perfect sense to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #42
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
He's a 90 based on the fact they are the world champs and he is the MVP of the team. He means everything to the best team in the league. Makes perfect sense to me.
So he must be overrated in the game cause statistically he didn't have star player numbers

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #43
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
People are being ridiculous in their reactions. OVR is in relation to other players at one's position. Who else in the NBA has Duncan's combination of defense, rebounding, post game and jumpshot at his position? No one. Only makes sense that he has best big man rating. All the crap about Parker should be 90 or Kobe should be 99 is stupid.

He's not the best PF though AD Griffin Love are better

Not sure if you watch AD but he has a better all around game (offensive defense rebounding) compared to duncan and both play PF

Love offensive game miles ahead of Duncan's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dmanning2; 09-10-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
Since when? They never confirmed it officially, and weren't in 2K14.

They were officially confirmed for 2k15.. I'm not sure when, but I asked the same question a week or two ago and someone responded saying it had been confirmed.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpietro
Kobe carried the team to the playoffs and got injured while he was dropping 30+/x/8+ every game for a while. He hasn't played only the last season, different from Rose, who hasn't player for two whole seasons.

i think too that he shouldnt be 90, but for this new system that clearly counts a lot on how the team uses the player to roll, he should be 85-86, minimum.

Says the guy with the Lakers avi lol not biased or anything

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #46
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Says the guy with the Lakers avi lol not biased or anything

Unnecessary.

Doesn't even matter what they rank Kobe before the season since nobody knows what he will be like. Kobe will have to show what he's still capable of and earn his ratings.

Last edited by Vni; 09-10-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #47
Banned

Tim Duncans 90 rating doesn't make sense even readings everyone's excuses. He's not even the best player on his team. He's not even in the top 3 at PFs. He's definitely not in the top 4 if it came down to importance to your team unless we're factoring in things besides skills.

Anyway you look at it and if in association CPU teams still refer to overall, Tim Duncan just isn't that no matter what the variables are for him.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #48
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
He's not the best PF though AD Griffin Love are better

Not sure if you watch AD but he has a better all around game (offensive defense rebounding) compared to duncan and both play PF

Love offensive game miles ahead of Duncan's.

It is really hard to compare Duncan to Love because you really are comparing a center/PF to just a PF. Love is a PF Duncan is a PF/C who actually play more minutes at center according to 82games.com.

Duncan is a better defender than Love. Love is good on one on one post defense like Duncan but Love is actually lackluster on providing rim protection.
OReb% Def reb% Blk% STL% Rim prot FG% Mid Rang16-23
Love 8.5 29.5 1.0 1.0 57.4 40%
Davis 10.0 23.3 6.7 2.0 48.8 37%
Duncan 8.6 28.3 4.6 1.0 47.6 37%

• Duncan is better than Love and Davis on the post offense. Davis is actually not good on the post yet he needs to get stronger which is why he bulked up he should be better on the post this year. He is great on pick and rolls though and clearly the most athletic out of the three.
  • Duncan is equivalent to Love and Davis in rebounding he just plays less minutes than they do. So if you look at Reb/g Love looks like he is killing it but really Duncan is doing great as well.
  • Love is a great 3PT shooter but he doesn't shoot great from midrange so his advantage there is not really that great as what people think.
  • Love weakness is help defense and rim protecting where that is actually a Duncan and Davis strength.
Combine all of that up and Love is better at scoring from the perimeter really only from 3pt land. Duncan is better in the post, better at defense typically expected for a 4 or 5. Despite Duncan not having the ups of Davis he still protects the paint better than Davis or just about as well where Love is poor at protecting the paint.

Last edited by stillfeelme; 09-10-2014 at 10:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »