Home

NBA 2K15 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #4001
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Back to getting screwed vs. a "good" team.. I am missing layup after layup against the Spurs.. shooting 3 of 10 (in the 1st quarter plus 2 minutes even) on what should be easy buckets.. One of those OBVIOUS games I've mentioned where you know the game won't let you succeed.. I never take that many 1st quarter shots but they should have been LAYUPS. Spurs of course are shooting 65% and have fast break points like crazy.

I know for a fact it's happening in THIS game because I sat the last 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter and we're up by 10 now after being down 6 when I left the game.. they WANT you to fail personally in games I believe.. soon as I came out of the game the Spurs shooting % plummeted to 47%.. yet it wasn't the guy I was guarding doing all the scoring. I had Parker more often than not for some reason, while Lillard sat the whole 5 minutes I played in the 2nd with Steve Blake ALREADY playing more minutes (5) in this game than any game in the season.

I did get stuck with volume shooter.. and upgraded to gold immediately two games ago.. but no matter what I do in a game against one of the TOP teams my shooting % is pathetic for the game..can't make a layup.. against the other 22 teams it's 52% for the season

Just had a new effed up animation too.. I went for an offensive rebound.. it was in my hands .. juggled it and got called for a turnover? Odd to actually see something new happen in my 77th career game.

More proof of the garbage when you play a "GOOD" team to balance it out so you don't dominate.. Tony Parker just had his first BLOCK of the season.. he blocked me DUNKING over him

I'm ready to call b.s. on 'volume shooter' too.. 2 games with that badge.. upgraded to GOLD.. and I've shot 26% combined for BOTH games.. haven't made a B+ jumper the entire game against San Antonio. 8 of 28 shooting against Spurs with 2 minutes left.. even WITH the red hot circle I couldn't put in a 10 footer, let alone a layup

Ended up shooting 8 for 31 against the Spurs trying to make a comeback.. the 10 point lead we got in the 2nd quarter with me on the bench went away immediately in the 3rd and couldn't get close in the 4th..

It may sound like whining but this is complete b.s. against OKC, Bulls, and Spurs in 2K.. zero chance for you to HELP your team win.. I couldn't even grab an offensive rebound in this one.. yet amazingly.. I got the hustle points badge now.. so we'll see if it lets me actually MAKE put-backs on offensive boards against the REST of the league again.

Last 4 games now the game's been doing this to me.. 12 of 31, 10 of 31, 13 of 28 and now 8 of 31 shooting.. WITH the GOLD volume shooter.. I even START OUT cold.. missing easy layups again.. as if I was the 64 OVR rookie all over again.

I don't understand why just out of the blue I became a player who can't shoot? Can you play TOO well and the game forces you to suck for a while to even out your stats?

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 11-25-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #4002
Just started!

OVR: 0

Alright so I have a problem with NBA 2k15 i maxed out the 72 upgrades and im 100 out of 100 upgrades and o attribute upgrades available but the thing is im Pg and im a 91 and i haven't maxed out in any of the bar/upgrade ex.playmaker can you please help
Old 11-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #4003
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Back to getting screwed vs. a "good" team.. I am missing layup after layup against the Spurs.. shooting 3 of 10 (in the 1st quarter plus 2 minutes even) on what should be easy buckets.. One of those OBVIOUS games I've mentioned where you know the game won't let you succeed.. I never take that many 1st quarter shots but they should have been LAYUPS. Spurs of course are shooting 65% and have fast break points like crazy.

I know for a fact it's happening in THIS game because I sat the last 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter and we're up by 10 now after being down 6 when I left the game.. they WANT you to fail personally in games I believe.. soon as I came out of the game the Spurs shooting % plummeted to 47%.. yet it wasn't the guy I was guarding doing all the scoring. I had Parker more often than not for some reason, while Lillard sat the whole 5 minutes I played in the 2nd with Steve Blake ALREADY playing more minutes (5) in this game than any game in the season.

I did get stuck with volume shooter.. and upgraded to gold immediately two games ago.. but no matter what I do in a game against one of the TOP teams my shooting % is pathetic for the game..can't make a layup.. against the other 22 teams it's 52% for the season

Just had a new effed up animation too.. I went for an offensive rebound.. it was in my hands .. juggled it and got called for a turnover? Odd to actually see something new happen in my 77th career game.

More proof of the garbage when you play a "GOOD" team to balance it out so you don't dominate.. Tony Parker just had his first BLOCK of the season.. he blocked me DUNKING over him

I'm ready to call b.s. on 'volume shooter' too.. 2 games with that badge.. upgraded to GOLD.. and I've shot 26% combined for BOTH games.. haven't made a B+ jumper the entire game against San Antonio. 8 of 28 shooting against Spurs with 2 minutes left.. even WITH the red hot circle I couldn't put in a 10 footer, let alone a layup

Ended up shooting 8 for 31 against the Spurs trying to make a comeback.. the 10 point lead we got in the 2nd quarter with me on the bench went away immediately in the 3rd and couldn't get close in the 4th..

It may sound like whining but this is complete b.s. against OKC, Bulls, and Spurs in 2K.. zero chance for you to HELP your team win.. I couldn't even grab an offensive rebound in this one.. yet amazingly.. I got the hustle points badge now.. so we'll see if it lets me actually MAKE put-backs on offensive boards against the REST of the league again.

Last 4 games now the game's been doing this to me.. 12 of 31, 10 of 31, 13 of 28 and now 8 of 31 shooting.. WITH the GOLD volume shooter.. I even START OUT cold.. missing easy layups again.. as if I was the 64 OVR rookie all over again.

I don't understand why just out of the blue I became a player who can't shoot? Can you play TOO well and the game forces you to suck for a while to even out your stats?
Volume Shooter is annoying, I concur, but I do a couple things to avoid it's downsides.

Try my best to take make 3/4 or 4/4 as soon as the game starts, and as soon as I get off the bench I make sure to get a shot in within the first minute.

More people need to realize, it's not how many shots you take in a game, it's how many shots you take when you are on in the floor. I can often use this to my advantage to get hot and stay hot (I did receive unphazed two games after volume shooter and one after microwave).

But, I can say in MyPark it is a worthless and a problem unless you are the primary scorer and your teammates don't have a problem with it.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 11-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #4004
Rookie

It won't let me request a trade on my 1st career (6th season)
Old 11-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #4005
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveBeast
It won't let me request a trade on my 1st career (6th season)
Are you past trade deadline
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #4006
Rookie

Where is Anthony Davis playing ?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #4007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Are you past trade deadline
I thought that was it so I simmed but it said the same thing at the beginning of the season. So I played 5 games then 10 and it was still there. Then I checked my contract and there isn't a no trade thing
Old 11-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #4008
Rookie

Just got the shoe deal ! Excited ! Went with Nike.
Adidas was never an option. The choice between nike and jordan was tough. I think jordan is more legendary and stuff BUT i don't really like the westbrooks, the chris paul that are with that brand. I mean, Kobe, Lebron... Thats' better right ?
Now they got me, haha !
I got it the first game after the all star break during my 2nd season.
I played 63 games.

I won't ever sim again, the technique where you pretend to play the game before hitting "sim til the end" works, it counts the game as played. Very good if you don't wanna play ALL the games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »