Home

***Official NBA 2K15 Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official NBA 2K15 Impressions Thread*** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 03:27 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 27
***Official NBA 2K15 Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Slow it down man. I said it was too fast for my taste too... lower the game speed.

I left game speed at 50, and put player speed and quickness at 47 for both user and CPU. I like what I see so far.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:28 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: ***Official NBA 2K15 Impressions Thread***

Amazed is all I can say. I need to play on Pro because I am getting slaughtered on Superstar.

Loving the new shot meter feature. Brings skill to the forefront. Gonna need a lot of time on the practice court.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:34 AM   #51
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10
Red face Re: ***Official NBA 2K15 Impressions Thread***

Loving the Beluba cam, at this moment it's my favorite. Game plays so smooth I can see why 23 said he wouldn't play 2k14 again and deleted it. Graphics,features,gameplay and overall feel of the game is even better than 2k14. Personally, I really like the pace of the game out the box. Player movement on offense is pretty good so far.

In Robin Leach voice.. 2k, y-all done gone and done it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 03:43 AM   #52
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

There are a lot of great things which I'll get into at some point. Everything is much more "basketball-y" and less "video-gamey". I'm going to play a billion games across all modes.

That said, the glaring negative so far: On a fundamental gameplay/control level, defenders are not at all equipped to play defense on the perimeter.

The help D and lack of explosiveness in first step/pull up dynamics makes defense effective, but going forward this has to be fixed if we're going to have a fundamental game.

So far, rebounding is much better.

Will likely get into all of this on a #Simnation show at some point this week.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 0

really love the feel of this years game everything is just buttey smooth ps4...
Old 10-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 10

EDIT: I realize now this should be posted in the Q&A thread but as a semi-longtime 2K player these are my first impressions trying to get in a quick taste of this game between work, sleep and driving 120 miles. I understand more than ever those new to the series who just shrug their shoulders and declare NBA 2K impossible (but I bet this game is super dope once I can figure out how to do what I want to with it).

I've been playing 2K since 2K6, and never had a problem with the blades or whatever menus that they used for years. However, last year was fairly confusing (and incredibly ugly to boot) and this year seems just impossible. How do I start an online ranked game (are the servers just not active yet)? And how does the face scan work.

I never play MyPlayer but I assume that face is still going to be used in MyGM and I was really curious to see how accurate it would be, but I tried to "turn [my] head to the left" 10-12 times and every single time I turned even a little bit it "lost [my] head" and needed to scan again. I tried holding the Playstation Camera, I tried setting it at eye level on a cabinet. Nothing came close to working.

As best I can assume doing "Connect to 2K Sports Network" is how I open up online games, but every time I try to do it I get sent back to the MyPlayer creator screen, automatically finalize whatever it looks like because the face scan thing seems impossible, and then the background music changes and I still have the "connect" option which begins the same cycle again. I imagine the Online Ranked games would show up under Quick Game but, as of booting the game, my only option is to play the CPU (which is fine, but I just want to see how raw the game feels and that requires another human).

Last edited by Nodima; 10-07-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 3

this game is beautiful, word to Beluba cam....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 04:19 AM   #56
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
this game is beautiful, word to Beluba cam....
just tried beluba cam. super cool.

Ross just got a rebound and went coast to coast for a dunk and that in game replay showed the whole clip from when he got the rebound. thought that was pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »