Home

Anybody disappointed with 2k presentation this year?

This is a discussion on Anybody disappointed with 2k presentation this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #41
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Anybody disappointed with 2k presentation this year?

Agree with a lot of the comments here. They put in a full cheerleader routine and remove the half time show???

Also, Why didn't they scan Doris? That's all I could think of when watching the interviews.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You are going to wait because of arena sounds?
Maybe I'm nitpicking hard on this. But hey, this one jumps out at me because I'm big on being immersed similar to what I see on TV with the NBA. Arena sounds are a major part of that experience because it gives identity to each stadium and team. It would be boring if they're all the same. Now there's other issue like bad lighting, the laziness of Kerr commentary, stripping of halftime show (good pregame though with Shaq and Ernie!) that's a letdown as well. Some A.I. and gameplay issues but those may be patched. Yeah, that stuff is part of the presentation as well, is it not?
Old 10-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I feel for the guys who worked on the presentation. I hope they don't read this thread and get discouraged.

I think what they did was great. I enjoy it. My curiousity would be more so why they removed things that were in last year. Would have made the game flow better all around.

I think even just keeping the same audio for halftime from last year would have balanced it out overall.
This is what I'm talking about with those arena sounds/organ music with each stadium. They added a few to some stadiums that are accurate They had 'em nailed. I'm sure that team worked hard like Pared is saying here. I still plan on getting this after a price drop at some point. However, does going backwards and taking stuff out that works already equate to "working hard"?
Old 10-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #44
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll say this ... skipping NBA2k15 ... I will see you next year NBA2k16, digitally.

The responses in this thread plus what little glimpse of the halftime show (or lack thereof) leaked prior to release made my decision to skip this year's release with ease. The pregame show atmosphere with Ernie and Shaq looks fantastic and should forever stay in the game with annual improvements. Was 100% completely all in for a day one pickup months in advance, however, news of the lack of the halftime show keeps $65.00 dollars in my pocket. Appreciate the savings.

A pretty presentation package does not make a game, but it certainly does keeps the gamer continually immsersed. Multiple dynamic championship celebrations (i.e. 10 plus or so) would also up the overall experience and give the gamer something to look forward to. 2K, please reclaim your title as the best in presentation next year. If not, I'll see you the following year with NBA2K17.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #45
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

play a online quick match. There is NO presentation Just straight to tipoff. They really didnt care abount anything but myteam, park and mygm this year .

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #46
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

The issue I see is presentation took a step back compared to 2k11-14 and not sure why. Gameplay was improved though. So for priority that's okay with me
Old 10-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I feel for the guys who worked on the presentation. I hope they don't read this thread and get discouraged.

I think what they did was great. I enjoy it. My curiousity would be more so why they removed things that were in last year. Would have made the game flow better all around.

I think even just keeping the same audio for halftime from last year would have balanced it out overall.
A simple "and now let's take a look at the halftime stats" by the old Sprint announcer guy or Ernie would have sounded legit.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 0

Kinda surprised to see so many people missing the halftime show. It's been really boring for the past few years anyway. How many of you just skipped through it every game last year?
I haven't played too much, but from what I've seen the presentation looks fine. Full TNT integration would be huge though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »