Home

IGN Review (7.8)

This is a discussion on IGN Review (7.8) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: IGN Review (7.8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Outside of the Park, what mode can't you play offline?
My career works when it wants to. So does my team. I always get a vc error can not start game or whatever it says.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #90
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
1. Destiny had a BETA that was almost 2 months long!

2. 2K has to push out a game once a year. Bungie has the luxury of setting their own release date.

These are not excuses. These are reasons why comparing to 2 is pointless. COMPLETELY different work conditions and requirements.
Fifa has working online features.

I haven't read the IGN reviews but he gives a grade to the experience aswell. At least 50% of the game requires online and if it runs as bad as people are saying it is, there is no excuse and they should be called out on it.

On the back of the box it's not wrote : " Maybe once in a while you will be able to enjoy the Park, or compete with your favorite players in the MyTeam mode ".

Personnally I'd give the game a 9 out of 10 but I have yet to go online.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #91
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
not it isn't hyperbole what so ever....everytime i'd get disconnected around the second qtr of a game....every. single. time
I not saying you're exaggerating, but I find that VERY hard to believe. If it was THAT consistent and reliable, it should have been easy to figure out why it was happening. And only happening to a few people and not everyone.

Quote:
that is NOT an exaggeration what so ever myteam was unplayable and i had gotten burnt out playing mygm mode and quick matches
I'm assuming you are talking about 2k14 because the game has been out for less than a week. If you're talking about 2K15 and already you're burnt out on 2 whole modes? Really? MyTeam is totally playable - it's just OFFLINE to fix exploits. At least it was. I don't know at the current moment...

If you're talking 2K14: MyTeam was totally playable for tons of people. You mileage varied obviously.

Quote:
if the game isn't working for ME then that means there are 1000's of others in which the game was completely broken for as well...and that means the server issues are not fixed
You're right. I'm SURE there are 1000s of others that had the same issues you had as there were 1000s of others like me that did not. And did you ever consider the issues are with the client code instead of the server? If you had issues connecting to games or finding matches, those are server issues. If you're already started a game and disconnect in the middle, those are likely CLIENT issues - unless you lose contact with the relay server. Anyway, there's MUCH more to online games than just some "server". For example. You are playing me. Your client sends info, my client sends info. The server brings them all together and says passes that info along as long as everything checks out. But if YOU send garbage, the server either says, "What the **** is this? I don't know what you want me to do with this..." It'll either through it away, take a guess and "fix" it the best way it knows how and send it, OR just send it as is - junk. THIS is not a server issue. See what I'm saying?

Quote:
and quite simply put....i don't believe you what so ever when you say have only been disconnected a hand full of times over the years
That's fair. I don't believe your "every single time" either.

Quote:
who are these "many" people that haven't had nightmarish encounters with 2k servers?
I'll get contact them and have them sign an affidavit allowing me to release their names and represent them in this argument...

Quote:
they may be the single most notorious developer in gaming for server issues at this point.....maybe the debacle with BF 4 is bigger? but that is about the only one i could think of that would be more notorious than 2k servers
Again - hyperbole. Have fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #92
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
let's see

park
my team
online association with actual friends
online quick match against other users not in your home
team up
mycareer
PARK - read: "OUTSIDE OF PARK"!
MyTeam - can play offline
OA - you mean Online League - sorry forgot about that one. Basically a franchise mode and MyLeague has you covered. Can be played with friends offline.
MyCareer - can play offline
Team up and online quick match are EXHIBITION MODES and can be played offline.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #93
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
I not saying you're exaggerating, but I find that VERY hard to believe. If it was THAT consistent and reliable, it should have been easy to figure out why it was happening. And only happening to a few people and not everyone.

I'm assuming you are talking about 2k14 because the game has been out for less than a week. If you're talking about 2K15 and already you're burnt out on 2 whole modes? Really? MyTeam is totally playable - it's just OFFLINE to fix exploits. At least it was. I don't know at the current moment...

If you're talking 2K14: MyTeam was totally playable for tons of people. You mileage varied obviously.

You're right. I'm SURE there are 1000s of others that had the same issues you had as there were 1000s of others like me that did not. And did you ever consider the issues are with the client code instead of the server? If you had issues connecting to games or finding matches, those are server issues. If you're already started a game and disconnect in the middle, those are likely CLIENT issues - unless you lose contact with the relay server. Anyway, there's MUCH more to online games than just some "server". For example. You are playing me. Your client sends info, my client sends info. The server brings them all together and says passes that info along as long as everything checks out. But if YOU send garbage, the server either says, "What the **** is this? I don't know what you want me to do with this..." It'll either through it away, take a guess and "fix" it the best way it knows how and send it, OR just send it as is - junk. THIS is not a server issue. See what I'm saying?

That's fair. I don't believe your "every single time" either.

I'll get contact them and have them sign an affidavit allowing me to release their names and represent them in this argument...

Again - hyperbole. Have fun!
Hyperbole is quite literally defined as an exaggeration....so yes, you did say I was exaggerating....and you keep using the word and evidently have no idea as to what it means

and it wasn't happening to just a "few" people.....it is was A LOT of people

and it literally was every single time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5raiKCovyNE

maybe you should check ronnie 2k's twitter or the 2k14 facebook page one in a while cause it was full of comments of people just blasting them for poor servers....one right after another
Old 10-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #94
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Fifa has working online features.

I haven't read the IGN reviews but he gives a grade to the experience aswell. At least 50% of the game requires online and if it runs as bad as people are saying it is, there is no excuse and they should be called out on it.

On the back of the box it's not wrote : " Maybe once in a while you will be able to enjoy the Park, or compete with your favorite players in the MyTeam mode ".

Personnally I'd give the game a 9 out of 10 but I have yet to go online.
Cool. Comparing to FIFA is fair. That game's online infrastructure has not changed in years as it's been fine for years. But people can't claim that you don't desync in the game quite a bit. A team can score a goal on one end, but not the other. They still have that and happen often enough to call that a juicy online "issue". Just saying. I do NOT disagree that the game should be dinged for the issues. I've made that clear.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #95
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Hyperbole is quite literally defined as an exaggeration....so yes, you did say I was exaggerating....and you keep using the word and evidently have no idea as to what it means
Sorry - I meant to say "lying" because I DO think you're exaggerating.

Quote:
and it wasn't happening to just a "few" people.....i think it was A LOT of people
And you don't know this. NONE of us here are privy to that information. So don't state this as fact. I fixed it for you.

Quote:
and it literally was every single time....
Again - exaggeration.

Quote:
maybe you should check ronnie 2k's twitter or the 2k14 facebook page one in a while cause it was full of comments of people just blasting them for poor servers....one right after another
1. People do this **** every year.
2. The ONLY people that will post will be those complaining. People without an issue don't post.
3. Unless you have 6 million unique posts, this proves NOTHING. A game that sold around 6 million, if "MOST" of them have issues, we should see hundreds of thousands of posts to actually PROVE your numbers. Right? We don't. Hell, 3000 posts and tweets is a lot. But 3000 out of 6,000,000 is NOT proof of anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #96
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Sorry - I meant to say "lying" because I DO think you're exaggerating.

And you don't know this. NONE of us here are privy to that information. So don't state this as fact. I fixed it for you.

Again - exaggeration.

1. People do this **** every year.
2. The ONLY people that will post will be those complaining. People without an issue don't post.
3. Unless you have 6 million unique posts, this proves NOTHING. A game that sold around 6 million, if "MOST" of them have issues, we should see hundreds of thousands of posts to actually PROVE your numbers. Right? We don't. Hell, 3000 posts and tweets is a lot. But 3000 out of 6,000,000 is NOT proof of anything.
you sound like you work for 2k because some of these arguments are making me die in laughter

that crappy youtube video i linked you for myteam disconnections had nearly 10,000 views....and that is just the people who went through the trouble to look up a relatively obscure video by some kid

also....you say I am exaggerating about 2k being notorious for server issues....what other companies are more notorious for server issues besides EA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »