Home

Why do contested jumpers continue to go in?

This is a discussion on Why do contested jumpers continue to go in? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why do contested jumpers continue to go in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Whenever I see these threads, the first thing I sense is someone being butthurt because they lost some games. But I know that's not fair. But to say "every" contested shot goes in is a bit much. We know it's not every shot. So stop with that. But it would be FAR more helpful to actually know how many do go in? If the CPU is shooting at realistic percentages, then there is no way this can be true. Showing a handful of contested shots doesn't show anything. It's merely an example. The majority of shots in the NBA are contested to some degree. They do go in. NBA players are good. But it would be great if someone posted a game to make this case.

And HOF is out of the window.
It took long than I expected but I just knew that someone was gonna play the "you're just butthurt" card.

And no, it's not a bit much to say every contested shot someone is throwing up is going in.....WHEN EVERY DAMN CONTESTED SHOT SOME PLAYERS ARE THROWING UP ARE GOING IN. I understand you have a need to defend the product, but don't sit over there and tell me that something is a bit much when I know what I'm seeing.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 1

In the first seeds in MyTeam its soooo bad. I know its because of the low difficulty and that it will be better in higher seeds but this is such a grind in the beginning
Old 10-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Some ppl will defend this games flaws to the death. Contested shots go in at a high rate. The CPU misses nothing under rim even when bumped. Teammates still do dumb crap.
Try playing CPU d. Bet cpu contested shots wont go in. Hey I play off ball and I love it. I rarely lose as a result of it too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #52
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballhardorgetbeat
Try playing CPU d. Bet cpu contested shots wont go in. Hey I play off ball and I love it. I rarely lose as a result of it too
what does that mean?

also...i find myself playing off ball defense a lot in this game so far....if I don't my dumb teammates continue to get beat back door and off screens like crazy

but the CPU still makes those cheesy jumpers....you are at the mercy of a predetermined outcome is what it seems like to me
Old 10-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #53
Banned

I've never seen a single player make EVERY contested shot like some of you are inferring.

However, I have seen them go in at a higher clip this year. But I genuinely think that's indicative of the league in real life. Look at the amount of 4 point plays in this years post season for example.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #54
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Superstar Sim, it not just the fact that contested shots go it, it's the type of contested shots. The CPU has a drive first mentality and that goes for every team, you can give a shooter a gap daring him to take a shot an instead they dribble for 22 seconds then do a behind the back get past you run into traffic forcing your bigs to have to contest ( if they happen to even do that ) only to have them swipe at air, their presents has no affect of the shot, this then leads to a lot of offensive rebound put backs.
this sounds so 2k14 ... I probably better think long and hard before buying this years game just to find myself getting annoyed by the same issues again
Old 10-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 12

Would everyone prefer this? Or no/very little contested shots made like previous 2ks?

You should all know that 2k doesn't balance things in small increments. Lets just let it be what it is 'less we regress into "no elbow pullups at all" 2k gameplay.

For vs AI types, these problems can be easily rectified using sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 4

Tick tick swoosh is my issue right now.

Cpu holding ball till last few seconds and shot. Goes in majority of the time and by any player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »