Home

NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?

Fiction while the gameplay is good PIP is still way to high and Offensive rebounds for scores is to high. Also not enough free throws so that is like 3 kind of big problems. MLB the show has the best game play. I am not even a big baseball guy and I love love Basketball but yet I think MLB the show is a better game. MLB the show I have to nick pick because the game play is so amazing. The only thing that is really a problem with MLB the show is not enough mistakes by the CPU on fielding and not enough guys get hit by pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 12
The best gameplay in sports gaming.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:09 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1
I don't play the Show so I can't speak on that, but they've always been the best. They will release some patches and this thing is going to be beautiful with sliders. It's a good time for sports games. Was really impressed with EA UFC after the patch work they did. Even Madden was fun this year. Also, I think Hockey and baseball are less complicated sports than basketball. Especially baseball. Which is probably why programming football seems to be the hardest to do right.

Last edited by Mr Bungle 34; 10-17-2014 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:43 AM   #44
Rookie

thechamp923's Arena

OVR: 1
The Show has the best gameplay.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:51 AM   #45
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp923
The Show has the best gameplay.
That's because in baseball gameplay involves 90% of the active participants standing around doing nothing 90% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
The best Gameplay. Oh yes. At last a game where individual players play to their strengths & teams collectively play to these advantages. To Ben, FIFA is a great game & very enjoyable but when I'm able to play the same way with Oxford United as I am with Manchester United I will always see this game as limited.
Never has a game captured the individual characteristics of a player to the same extent as NBA 2K15. So much of this games brilliance has been overshadowed by its Online Server issues. Putting these to one side I can honestly say there isn't a game close to this in terms of Gameplay or Depth. I love FIFA & MLB The Show but nothing touches this game right now.
i cosign that fifa offline gameplay is not even close it s actually so boring...fifa online is fun but PES especially this year is far superior from a gameplay standpoint and team representations.
yes nba2 k has the best gameplay of our genre period, for me not even close.
i m from europe so never play the show i dont even know basic rules off baseball but i see that the gamplay of the game is praised a lot aound OP. so i dont inclued the show in my comment.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #47
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

My friend who came over last few nights to play 2k with me just emailed me this...

So I got to thinking last night when I got home….at whatpoint does a game become TOO realistic? The 2K15 gameplay is sobalanced and flawless it almost starts to feel like you’re not playing a videogame anymore but watching a game on TV. The stats, the plays, thecapabilities of the individual players…just so spot on across the board. The contrast would be something like NBA Jam where the fun is in howUNREALISTIC it is…which begs the question: which is actually moreFUN? Maybe NBA Live 15 will combine enough of the arcade-y feelwith the new age graphics/console and just enough glitchy bugs like Shaq makinga 3 pointer or something to be more FUN than 2K15 even though 2K15 is clearlythe best simulation I’ve ever played. This game is amazing, and anyone on your game board says otherwise, they are not playing the same game!
Old 10-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #48
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5
Generally speaking, 2K15 is NOT the best gameplay (7.8 rating), but it does look beautiful trying to be the best.
People keep only referencing a part of the game. If I was a Online Association player, then my preferred mode is unplayable. IF I am a MYPLAYER only player, my player can't even get into the park at times. The online gameplay has been ignored, and offline doesn't come close to the control of The Show or FIFA online/offline. Even Madden is better online.

Offline it plays a good to great game, but still has input lag, sliding issues and invisible force fields to assist in certain sideline animations that should allow more out of bounds calls not more run N gun cheese. Stat overlays are broken, causing long pauses during inbounds plays that do not add to immersion, too much reliance on animations built on athleticism rating (ex. Z. Lavine dunking triggered from beyond foul line?) creating some OP players that turn gameplay into NBA jam online, and those are just a few of the 37 pages of bugs (and counting) on these forums.

I really like this 2k15 gameplay at times but still feel short changed. Those who are raving about it are raving as their gameplay mode of choice seems very playable, mine is not (online association, leagues, or anything like it) and it is incomplete and has been unplayable most of the time since release, even off peak hours.

I don't doubt this game will get better over time with patches, but for now it is NOT the best gameplay IMO, because of many issues online and offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »