Home

NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 02:50 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

"" Q: Does contesting a shot manually drop the percentage of the shot more than letting the CPU contest it?

A: Yes. All factors being equal, a user-controlled defender will affect the shot more than the AI. ""

This is pretty good but poorly implemented online. Unresponsive and lack of controls for user controlled defender makes this features pretty much useless.

Everybody knows Playing on ball D on quick ranked is broken. And I'm quite surprised it wasn't mentioned on the interview.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:40 AM   #58
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Word, gameplay tweaks definitely happen. Something felt different... it actually felt better the last game I played. This is on PC btw... could be different.
Whatever it is I find SS/Sim more tolerable and less cheesy....again I played only one game...need to test some more...

EDIT: I'm on the PC as well btw....controlling the defensive player feels less slippery to me and I have defensive assistance back to 0 (default)

Seeing less shots going in when contested...I dunno...I got fooled before by this lol

I'm going to try the PS4 version later to compare how moving around feels defensively...

EDIT 2: CPU offensive rebounds feels toned down....still seeing straight put backs instead of kick outs but less offensive rebound from CPU

Variety of shot from CPU as well...instead of drive and shoot the chippy shot...tendencies at work?

Last edited by Goffs; 10-31-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:40 AM   #59
Rookie

It might be nice to have some more clarification on shot fatigue. If a bench player who averages 3 FGA is playing extended minutes in a blowout or is filling in for an injured starter, I hope they won't start missing everything after they've taken 5-6 shots. Is it based on actual numbers or per 36/48? Can a player increase their shot stamina over time if their role changes?
Old 10-31-2014, 03:01 PM   #60
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
In 2k11 I can recall easily using the hop step to score at will in the paint. Also dunks and oops were easy. Also the thr fadeaway 3 point cheese was in full effect so no it wasn't better at all.
Your entitled to your opportunity opinion. I disagree though. Only problems I had in that game were lead passing and spin dunks. The thing is not everyone could do them.

And stars were also stoppable in that game. You couldn't just run around and shoot with them and hit ridiculous shots with them. Turbo and zig zag shots did not exist for me to have to deal with.

The game has digressed IMO after 2k11. Things have gotten so much easier in the game offensively including 3 point shots. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #61
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
The reason the AI acts dumb on defense is because the movement of your myplayer is unrealistic so your teammates have to cover your guy because of this. I hardly ever use turbo to begin with, especially on defense for all the 2k games I have played, yet this year it's like the turbo button is auto locked on. I never seen guys move soooo stupid playing D. And holding down the left trigger (xbox controller) makes it worse. From what I can tell just using the joy stick without any thing else pressed works best. Using anything else and your guy just slips and slides all over the court on defense(still does with just the joystick if you do not just tap the joystick, tap, tap, FREAKING TAP). It's a joke to me.

With Madden I'm upset but I understand they just never have done a good job so I never expect anything different, but with 2k bball I'm pi**ed out of my mind because it was close to perfect all these years, than they decided to do this crap. Not to mention I can't even use custom rosters in my offline career mode(unless I'm doing something wrong).
What he said I agree 💯 percent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Those aren't hesitation moves. That's just input lag. Ziiiiiing.
It was mentioned by Beluba I think in this thread...... but there was a reference to playing wired or wireless. I was experiencing some input lag playing MC.... I bought a 10 ft cable and now play wired.....and I can tell you that at least for me..... there is a very BIG difference.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
It was mentioned by Beluba I think in this thread...... but there was a reference to playing wired or wireless. I was experiencing some input lag playing MC.... I bought a 10 ft cable and now play wired.....and I can tell you that at least for me..... there is a very BIG difference.

Oh, so I have to buy a $30 play and charge kit just so I can play this game normally? Fantastic..... smh
Old 10-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 4

"A: The biggest difference between your AI teammates and your AI opponents is there are certain bonuses and influences in place to make your teammates "cooperate" with you, and in the case of MyCareer, involve you more than they normally might another AI teammate of the same caliber. This is done in an attempt to make playing MyCareer more interesting for the average user. So AI teammates might shoot shots they'd normally pass up because you're telling them to shoot or because they're trying to help you get assists. Also most people in MyCareer aren't running plays or any kind of structured offense. This can throw off the AI behaviors as well. Their defense shouldn't be any less effective when they're your teammates vs. Opposing you. But again, the user can throw off the AI's help and rotations by being in unexpected places which could make them seem dumb at times. I guess I'm saying that there are a ton of factors that might distort the AI but there's nothing artificial put in place to handicap your teammates."

This anwswer is actually quite false. I play SS Sim. 12 minute quarters. I also have the Coach call plays automatically. I get in position and still my play miss wide open shots that the CPU never misses. Also, on Defense, the cpu will run off screens and end up completely wide open and i'll be face guarding my man in perfect position. I am rarely where i'm not supposed to be.

Dwight howard missing layups!? CPU getting 15 offensive rebounds when its convenient!? CPU Layups falling 100% of the time even when contested? All because you trying to compensate for average players!? Nah that answer is bogus. Why would you make a game where you have to be in perfect position for it to run smooth. At the same time still having the player sliding all over the court!? One flick of the stick and im flying past my man...

There are obvious handicaps in this game. Stop playing. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »