Home

NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #65
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

Hey Mr. Wang, answer this for me. I posted this over on Nba-live forums under "the game is scripted" thread, but I figured I would post it here also. Btw I'm actually able to lock in sliders in MC because this is on PC and still bs stuff like this happens. Sim/allstar

Playing Mycareer and I just turned off the game. I'm pi**ed. I decided to count how many shots the cpu makes with less than 3 seconds on the shot clock. I keep seeing it in each game so I decide to count on this game. Playing the spurs and kid you not they made 8 out of 10 before I turned the game off. They made 7 of them with at least one 1 hand in their face. They made 3 with 2 hands and 1 with 3 hands. Ginobi made a 3 pointer about 6 feet behind the line. You know how I know? It did the animation as if you where shooting it from half court line.

I turned it off at half time. What is the point in playing defense if the cpu is just going to do this clock cheese all game? It's not my fault they do not program the game smart enough to run plays to get guys open. So the only way to keep the game close or get the cpu a win is with this cheese.....

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxfinest15
BezO there's still too many animations tied with dribbling to me so it's hard to do some of those things. I think certain departments from 2K and Live should come together because they both have areas in which one outshines the other
Preach! Preach! Preach!
Old 10-31-2014, 06:21 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Your entitled to your opportunity opinion. I disagree though. Only problems I had in that game were lead passing and spin dunks. The thing is not everyone could do them.

And stars were also stoppable in that game. You couldn't just run around and shoot with them and hit ridiculous shots with them. Turbo and zig zag shots did not exist for me to have to deal with.

The game has digressed IMO after 2k11. Things have gotten so much easier in the game offensively including 3 point shots. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
This what I keep screaming. I'm not trying to minimize anybody's opinion either. We should be able to express how we feel about the game because after all, it's the 2k forum. But seriously, 2k11 was the greatest 2k IMO hands down. I like that Mike said he tried to make the dribbling like 2k. Please continue to look back at 2k11 and incorporate it more into the future installments. Someone posted a video of 2k9 I think and the smoothness and responsiveness. I mean, you can look at the video and tell the difference. My question is, why in 2014 are we having issues with movement and control, when it was done right 5 years ago? I want 2k to succeed. I want to compete online. After a dozen games online I said %^&# it. I couldn't deal with the lag. Hey Mike, bring them lobbies back. If Madden has lobbies, I know ya'll can do it.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #68
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

So my teammates miss layup after layup and shoot 20% from the field because I'm not in the right spot on the floor? Gotcha.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:18 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Your entitled to your opportunity opinion. I disagree though. Only problems I had in that game were lead passing and spin dunks. The thing is not everyone could do them.

And stars were also stoppable in that game. You couldn't just run around and shoot with them and hit ridiculous shots with them. Turbo and zig zag shots did not exist for me to have to deal with.

The game has digressed IMO after 2k11. Things have gotten so much easier in the game offensively including 3 point shots. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
There's nothing to disagree about. Its documented. It happened. Look it up
Old 11-01-2014, 03:04 AM   #70
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

@Beluba Can you guys please tone down the Alley Oops and Dunk On's. I'm jumping in the way of the receiver and trying to bat the ball away, but none of that works.

Iggy shouldn't catch 4 alley oops in a row just because he is a good dunker. Neither should John Wall be knocking down players twice his size and dunking on them. You guys need to tweek the take off zone so players can have enough time to property contest dunks. If you guys put in auto dunks on's where are the auto block animations for good shot blockers?

I noticed that for some reason when the game decides to give the other player momentum that your defensive settings are thrown out the window. Instead of playing tight they'll play off and not double on drives or catches.

Shot makes and misses are still a problem as well as shot quality. Fadeaway 3's and learners are like turnaround jumpers used to be for previous years, they go in with anyone far too often.

What's up with the post game?? Almost any post shot i do is a red release no matter how early or late i release it. I'm just not making any hooks with good post players like Dwight, even with mismatches. I should be able to do drop step Dunks on smaller players but instead i get a contact animation unless i pump fake.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #71
MVP

I always thought the sub par to terrible teammate ai in my career in 2k was simply due to them "nerfing" your teammates to force you to step up and be a superstar(especially now with the forced storyline that tells you that's how you have to play), considering the opposing team's ai is never THAT stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
There's nothing to disagree about. Its documented. It happened. Look it up
That's not the point though.
NBA2K11 was built on solid foundations, and had a few problems.
NBA2K15 is built on some really shoddy foundations. The game does a lot of things right, the presentation is excellent, rebounding improved a ton, etc, but when you get movement wrong nothing else matters.
It's just too big of an issue, and while the game has a lot of qualities, I don't think it's unfair to call it a bad game just for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »