Home

Petition To Patch Input Delay

This is a discussion on Petition To Patch Input Delay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #49
Banned

Aestiux's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Petition To Patch Input Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeDaddy2010
It isn't just shooting, or online or offline. Its everywhere, and its so infuriating.

Blocking, Stealing, Even moving, I get pushed out of position and try and move the stick to keep up with my defender and not only does it take like a half second for it to register, but the animation is SOOOO SLOW that by the time I am running in the correct direction, my defender is on an open lane to the basket.

Delays on blocks seem to be the worst, I tapped block many times right as the shot taker was jumping, and my guy did not jump until he was already at the top of his jump.. To cap it off, since I thought I didn't press hard enough, I rapidly started tapping before my guy jumped, and then stopped.. Except it registered EVERY jump input, so there I was for a whole play stuck jumping 3-4 times in a row while the rebound has already been grabbed and ran to the other side of the court.

The logic too sometimes on what kind of shot to take or dribble to make. Sometimes Ill be taking it nice and slow and trying to do slow smooth crossovers when all of a sudden my guy wants to do nasty ankle breakers and then switches it up to hesitations and bounces it off the guys foot, all with no change in the way I am inputting it by me. Its annoying, and it needs fixed. They said they changed animations to make it smoother.. honestly, at this point, 2k13 last gen was WAY more responsive and felt more real than this.
Yup 2K13 was my favorite game. If there's one thing I notice in video games it's input lag. And you're right. It's not just the shooting but particularly on the whole user defense. CPU players can just blow by anyone playing man to man defense.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #50
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeDaddy2010
It isn't just shooting, or online or offline. Its everywhere, and its so infuriating.

Blocking, Stealing, Even moving, I get pushed out of position and try and move the stick to keep up with my defender and not only does it take like a half second for it to register, but the animation is SOOOO SLOW that by the time I am running in the correct direction, my defender is on an open lane to the basket.

Delays on blocks seem to be the worst, I tapped block many times right as the shot taker was jumping, and my guy did not jump until he was already at the top of his jump.. To cap it off, since I thought I didn't press hard enough, I rapidly started tapping before my guy jumped, and then stopped.. Except it registered EVERY jump input, so there I was for a whole play stuck jumping 3-4 times in a row while the rebound has already been grabbed and ran to the other side of the court.

The logic too sometimes on what kind of shot to take or dribble to make. Sometimes Ill be taking it nice and slow and trying to do slow smooth crossovers when all of a sudden my guy wants to do nasty ankle breakers and then switches it up to hesitations and bounces it off the guys foot, all with no change in the way I am inputting it by me. Its annoying, and it needs fixed. They said they changed animations to make it smoother.. honestly, at this point, 2k13 last gen was WAY more responsive and felt more real than this.
The accuracy in this post is crazy . Now imagine all of that trying to play in the park ...
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #51
Banned

I'm just sick and tired of trying to jump for a block and my guy just stands still. And yes, my controller is set to "Manual" when defending. The game play just has too many issues that ruin the experience. Oh and this is offline.

Last edited by Dirk5049ers; 11-06-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori Daed
I'm sorry, but this needs to stay bumped until someone from the 2K dev team can give an honest response on whether or not we will see this fixed. Game seems fine offline, but online the input lag is inexcusable. This was an issue in the current gen 2K14 as well. Last gen was completely fine. As someone said, there was less online latency back in the day playing 2K on the dreamcast and seganet, lol. WE NEED ANSWERS, AND ACTIONS!

I use the Knicks and use to love giving people fits online with Shumpert playing on ball defense back in last gen 2K13 and 2K14, but the past 2 games on the new consoles this has been absolutely impossible... ESPECIALLY here with 2K15.

Indeed, keep this bumped until it is addressed by 2k
Old 11-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
I'm just sick and tired of trying to jump for a block and my guy just stands still. And yes, my controller is set to "Manual" when defending. The game play just has too many issues that ruin the experience. Oh and this is offline.
I feel your pain bruh it almost makes the game unplayable. Almost like it's scripted
Old 11-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 4

Feel like im playing on rails most of the time.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #55
Rookie

I guess all we can do is sort of live in hope that it will improve with a patch but my willingness to believe is really waning thin as we've been given this spiel about online improvement for the last few years after they switched from that old code they were using from the dream cast days, then it was the switch in generations, then it was having their most top engineers spending all year on it and it's actually gotten worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 8

This has been a game breaker for me. I'm really disappointed they let the game get released like this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »